The End. It's coming.

Syzygy

I'm just going to let the 'unprovoked', 'we weren't involved' etc posts stand proud in their lies at this point. It's obviously the C&G party line and you think it will get you the high ground, despite not being true. I just hope people can see past it by now.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nizzle' date='11 February 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1265927300' post='2175674']
Hmmm. This post seems magnetic. Maybe cause there is some irony in there!

(The show is free. Tip the waitress.)
[/quote]
That was a terrible joke. Onto other news, I don't like TOP. It doesn't mean I wished they would burn to the ground like they seemed to want to do to us from Crymson's DoW. I just didn't like them, just like I don't like you.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='11 February 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1265927488' post='2175680']
I'm just going to let the 'unprovoked', 'we weren't involved' etc posts stand proud in their lies at this point. It's obviously the C&G party line and you think it will get you the high ground, despite not being true. I just hope people can see past it by now.
[/quote]
This post isn't all about trying to take the higher ground, at all. As I said, Bob Janova, you are getting better every post. [s] How long until you join TOP?[/s]

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1265927495' post='2175682']
That was a terrible joke. Onto other news, I don't like TOP. It doesn't mean I wished they would burn to the ground like they seemed to want to do to us from Crymson's DoW. I just didn't like them, just like I don't like you.
[/quote]
No, I don't think any TOP members have expressed a clear desire to burn you all to the ground.

You should really try using evidence to prove this unfounded paranoia of yours.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='11 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1265927488' post='2175680']
[/quote]
You should know better.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1265927574' post='2175685']
No, I don't think any TOP members have expressed a clear desire to burn you all to the ground.

[/quote]

Evidence? They don't need evidence. They control the masses, who reiterate what they desire.

Just the other day someone told me that Archon himself ZI'd Moo. That's not the best part. They claimed he did it with the power of his mind.

If they were really all that interested in evidence, they wouldn't be strumming this "no CB" line and claiming the DoW was unrelated to Polar.

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1265927574' post='2175685']

[/quote]
Read the TOP DoW. The thought speaks for itself. the OP speaks for the first point, and the reasoning for their DoW is the next. Unfounded paranoia is believing an alliance wants to burn you to the ground when they aren't against you (TOP). Being sane is when you realize that when an alliance attacks you because they don't like you, they probably want to hurt you. Unfounded paranoia would be stating that TOP planned to disband CnG and all of its members. I WOULD NOT DOUBT IT THOUGH!!!

[quote name='Nizzle' date='11 February 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1265927803' post='2175696']
Evidence? They don't need evidence. They control the masses, who reiterate what they desire.

Just the other day someone told me that Archon himself ZI'd Moo. That's not the best part. They claimed he did it with the power of his mind.

[/quote]

This happened. Archon ZI'd Moo by himself. with his mind.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='James Dahl' date='11 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1265926803' post='2175645']
Indeed we will.
Though not in the manner I think you imagine.
[/quote]

That's just my guess how it will play out. If I were more certain, I'd bet you some tech.

Again, for the second time today, I *shrug*.

Sure, let's see. Let them burn through their warchest in their vain attempts to strangle each other. I'll get the popcorn. Who ever comes out on top will still be the loser in the scheme of relative power in comparison of they and their allies and those not aligned to them. Not to mention all the people who leave and the strain with their allies. Frankly, I'm looking forward to a shift of the dominant paradigm, and the destruction of the upper ranks along with the chaos that it creates is the most fertile ground for new opportunities.

Edited by Kzoppistan

I think certain aspects of MK would /love/ to see TOP, IRON, etc destroyed. I don't think all of MK has it out for TOP, but SuperComplaints !@#$posting made their emotions towards TOP clear, as have many of their current leadership through their comments.

I did believe before that they did.

[quote name='Epik High' date='11 February 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1265927942' post='2175705']
I think certain aspects of MK would /love/ to see TOP, IRON, etc destroyed.
[/quote]
Certain aspects of MK also would like to see Athens destroyed, ODN destroyed, FOK destroyed, GOONS destroyed, and MK destroyed. Do we destroy any of these allies?

*gasp* we are allied to them.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='11 February 2010 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1265898043' post='2174705']
This whole "if we give them white peace, they'll just come back to get us again!" thing is complete !@#$%^&*. Now, I think MK above all others is due reparations for this war, (from TOP and dare I say it, from NpO as well) but holding people to war indefinitely, and that's what it sounds like you're all going to do, is absolutely no better than the pre-karma days.

What !@#$@#$ hypocrites you all are IF that is the case.

And also, Grub is a !@#$@#$ liar. I support DAC for doing what he thinks is right.
[/quote]

What happened when we gave the Hegemony white peace? I have seen those same alliances align against us every. single. time. it looks like conflict will break out. We gave them white peace. We let them out of war fast. And they continue to come after us time after time.

And we're not going to hold them to war indefinitely. Stop being over dramatic.

[quote]TOP did not 'come for you with a flimsy CB', and they will not 'come for you' again unless you are lined up in an enemy coalition again.[/quote]

Bob, this isn't the first time TOP has tried to have C&G rolled. Take my word on this. They've done it several times before. They even said in their DoW that they don't like what C&G stands for and they want to bloody them. Nothing about defending Polar. Nothing about stopping tech raiding. Just "we don't like you and want to take you down a peg."

Edited by Penkala

[quote]How long until you join TOP? [/quote]
I don't think my current alliance would appreciate that ;)

[quote]What happened when we gave the Hegemony white peace? I have seen those same alliances align against us every. single. time. it looks like conflict will break out[/quote]
There's only been one near miss on a global war since Karma, in which representatives of SF and C&G [b]directly attacked an ex-Hegemony alliance[/b], so that's hardly surprising.

[quote]Bob, this isn't the first time TOP has tried to have C&G rolled. Take my word on this.[/quote]
Hey, no-one's taking my word on anything, why should I believe you on that? Considering I was in Citadel until not that long ago, I'm going to have to pull the 'evidence, please?' card on you there.

Also, you need to reread TOP's DoW, because they clearly state that they consider themselves to be declaring as part of the Polar side.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='11 February 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1265929820' post='2175767']
I don't think my current alliance would appreciate that ;)

There's only been one near miss on a global war since Karma, in which representatives of SF and C&G [b]directly attacked an ex-Hegemony alliance[/b], so that's hardly surprising.

Hey, no-one's taking my word on anything, why should I believe you on that? Considering I was in Citadel until not that long ago, I'm going to have to pull the 'evidence, please?' card on you there.

Also, you need to reread TOP's DoW, because they clearly state that they consider themselves to be declaring as part of the Polar side.
[/quote]

There have been quite a few near misses, actually, Bob. Also, I queried you :P

Edited by Penkala

@penkala: If what you just said is true, why was "killing MK" not on the table in the highest Goverment discussions within Citadel (or even Q) over some YEARS? I mean, TOP had more than enough power at these times to entirely and completely burn MK and the few allies they had this time into the ground and leave over nothing but smoldering ruins. Why didn't they? For sure because they are stats-collectors who don't want to fight!

TOPs opinion *as alliance* always was: We don't like them (especially don't want them as allies), but in the end we don't care much as long as they leave us and our allies alone.

That TOP somehow desperately wants to "come for MK" or destroy you is nothing but a convenient myth, not backed up by any facts, logs on Government level or whatever. Crymsons DoW was poorly written and coloured with a lot of personal emotions because he is indeed one within TOP who really do not like you guys. But the alliance as entity never made any efforts to "come for you" out of the blue.

Not to forget that over the last years many Grämlins joined there and are involved in the discussions, without exception with pro-MK attitude (I remember the LM/Archon Duo from the Karma war). That includes me. A voting for war against MK with the reason "we don't like you!" would have never passed, so trying to stretch Crymsons words as if the whole alliance hated you is your only straw to somehow make it look reasonable that TOP wants you dead.

However, anyone working with TOP Gov for years would witness otherwise.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1265927873' post='2175701']
Read the TOP DoW. [b] The thought speaks for itself.[/b] the OP speaks for the first point, and the reasoning for their DoW is the next. Unfounded paranoia is believing an alliance wants to burn you to the ground when they aren't against you (TOP). Being sane is when you realize that when an alliance attacks you because they don't like you, they probably want to hurt you. Unfounded paranoia would be stating that TOP planned to disband CnG and all of its members. I WOULD NOT DOUBT IT THOUGH!!!

[/quote]
[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1265926993' post='2175659']

I did not believe before that they did, but stating an unprovoked war with us has forced me to reconsider that.
[/quote]

So let me see if I got this right:

Inference is paranoia when someone else does it.

It's logic when you do so.

I'm glad you cleared that up.

[quote name='Penkala' date='11 February 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1265928817' post='2175729']
What happened when we gave the Hegemony white peace? I have seen those same alliances align against us every. single. time. it looks like conflict will break out. We gave them white peace. We let them out of war fast. And they continue to come after us time after time.

And we're not going to hold them to war indefinitely. Stop being over dramatic.

[/quote]

Probably for the same reason your side stuck together throughout the years, despite WUT/Q control of the planet.

Friends are friends no matter what, just because your enemies let you off harshly or let you off with white peace, doesn't mean you're going to think any less or more of your enemies, nor will it change your allegiance to your friends. They're still gonna hate you, and your friends are still gonna like you.

That does NOT mean you get to punish people for crimes they were already punished for (Karma) simply because you're re-thinking the whole white peace thing now. Nor does this war mean that you're entitled to reparations, most of you aren't, as most of you simply followed the treaty chain in. The only alliances I can see that would be/would have been up for reps are \m/ (they peaced with polar though) or MK, and to a lesser extent, other CnG alliances.

SF? They don't deserve !@#$.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='11 February 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1265927488' post='2175680']
[/quote]

Would you people in C&G please get it through your thick heads that it is [u]your fault[/u] that TOP and IRON attacked you completely out of the blue??? It is frustratingly difficult for some to play the martyr when most of Planet Bob thinks TOP and IRON were just being opportunistic.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='(DAC)Syzygy' date='11 February 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1265930119' post='2175775']
Crymsons DoW was poorly written and coloured with a lot of personal emotions because he is indeed one within TOP who really do not like you guys. But the alliance as entity never made any efforts to "come for you" out of the blue.
[/quote]

Oh well, sucks that the alliance elected poor and/or unrepresentative leadership. Let's hope it serves as a learning experience.

[quote name='Chron' date='11 February 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1265930377' post='2175781']
So let me see if I got this right:

Inference is paranoia when someone else does it.

It's logic when you do so.

I'm glad you cleared that up.
[/quote]
I am glad you tried to argue an insignificant point and make it into a huge deal. A+ effort.

/ignore

Good to see Syzygy still reading this thread.

I remember when Syzygy was running this micro-alliance of a half dozen called Gramlins and just spinning up his tech sales business. We were dealing with a matter of a n00b rogue that my alliance tried to corner. Syzygy decided to give the n00b a bit of sanctuary in hopes of reforming the n00b. I wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea, but Syzygy seemed to me to be one of the most level headed people I had met here. No telling where that n00b ended up, but Syzygy calmed the waters and made sensible responses that cooled my ire. It was much later I realized also how smart he was. So my first impression of Syzygy is unlike many others on Bob. Whereas most of you might think of him as this rocket scientist who created a juggernaut alliance with himself seemingly aloof in global affairs, I remember him first as a man of common sense and friendly ambition. I never knew him to have airs of superiority and his office door always seemed open to everyone.

Imo, both sides would be wise to turn an ear in his direction.

If anyone on Bob could thread the diplomatic needle in this fustercluck with some common sense everyone can agree on then it would be Syzygy.

But only if you are willing to listen.

Edited by +Zeke+

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='11 February 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1265898755' post='2174720']
The only thing that would save them from further comparison to how everyone operated pre-karma, is the fact that TOP and company seem to be doing some significant damage to all parties. It's no beatdown.

Otherwise, it's the same mentality. Exactly the same mentality.
[/quote]

This made me laugh.

Yes, because C&G being attacked and not offering peace right away is the exact same as the Hegemony destroying and then keeping alliance at war forever.

Apparently you're the one who has the same mentality. I fail to see how these two things are at all similar.

[quote name='Tautology' date='11 February 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1265930677' post='2175790']
I'm not sure whether to view this thread as a swan song or an attempt to push an agenda. The two certainly aren't compatible. Only the creator of this thread can clarify which it is. I hope he does so very soon.
[/quote]

Actually, the two concepts are not mutually incompatible.

You don't just give white peace to people who attacked you, especially with such a flimsy CB. In my opinion, TOP needs a severe beatdown or pay heavy reparations (not both though). There have to be consequences. I'm sure they've realized the war is going badly for them and I'm sure they want it to end, but that doesn't mean they deserve it.

[quote name='Viluin' date='11 February 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1265933271' post='2175863']
You don't just give white peace to people who attacked you, especially with such a flimsy CB. In my opinion, TOP needs a severe beatdown or pay heavy reparations (not both though). There have to be consequences. I'm sure they've realized the war is going badly for them and I'm sure they want it to end, but that doesn't mean they deserve it.
[/quote]

Again with this mysterious reference to white peace.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1265931876' post='2175824']
I am glad you tried to argue an insignificant point and make it into a huge deal. A+ effort.

/ignore
[/quote]
I apologize, I mean, it's just so difficult sifting through the many perspectives you're presenting, and figuring out which one you actually seem to be believing at the moment. Especially considering you just seem to [i]love[/i] nailing yourself to that cross about how [i]paranoid[/i] TOP/IRON were for using that "logic".

Maybe you should stick to one point of view that isn't constantly changing every other post and then I'll be able to give said viewpoint it's proper respect?

A+ for effort, though. I myself could never pull off that kind of nonsense with a straight face.

Edit: Spelling fail

Edited by Chron