The End. It's coming.

Syzygy

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='11 February 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1265925172' post='2175559']
FAN offensively attacked NPO?
[/quote]
I believe following mr. trashcat's analogy, your impromptu response would mean CnG attack ;)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' date='12 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1265923356' post='2175502']
How do us working towards peace show that we had picked a side? I'd say it rather show that we were unwilling to pick a side and that peace was a much better option to us than seeing our friends fight. Your post barely makes sense. We tried to work for peace by resolving the issues betwen \m/ and NpO.
[/quote]
No, trying to work peace doesn't show that you are unwilling to pick a side. There are many examples to this, the recent i can think of is the STA/Kronos incident. TOP chosed Kronos side, but tried to work peace as all here know.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='11 February 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1265925181' post='2175560']
I knew someone would bring up FAN but I didn't expect you. Not sure if you were around then but Ill let you know that NPO declared war ON FAN. Not the other way around. These are completely different circumstances. TOP declared war on a group of uninvolved alliances and proceeded to do as much damage as possible. Thats not the same situation as NPO - FAN as I figured you'd be able to see.
[/quote]
Well did you count fan's actions on MHA as offensive? I seem to recall them counting it as such.

[quote name='mhawk' date='11 February 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1265925496' post='2175576']
Well did you count fan's actions on MHA as offensive? I seem to recall them counting it as such.
[/quote]
How does that have to do with my original statement? The damage was entirely different and you know that the situation with Q was also very different.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

[quote name='Zero-One' date='11 February 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1265919847' post='2175388']
I believe him. If you know Syz, you would too.
[/quote]
I do believe him, I'm just !@#$@#$ laughing at attacking an alliance in this situation, and stating you would do the same for them.

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1265925614' post='2175585']
Ok this tangent has me totally baffled now, guess that'll teach me for being sarcastic on the internet.

Let's get back to letting some of the funnier posters say stupid things to each other while we all giggle.
[/quote]
Ok that works. I don't really get what mhawk is getting at anyway so Im gonna go back to watching nonsensical arguments unfold.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='11 February 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1265925558' post='2175581']
How does that have to do with my original statement? The damage was entirely different and you know that the situation with Q was also very different.
[/quote]
Personally I don't really care all that much. I just find amusement in pestering guys from the COMPLAINTS bloc :P As an interesting aside, either way this goes down CnG will have the rep of demanding and receiving more reps than any other entity that has ever existed.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1265924049' post='2175523']
I doubt TOP would delusion themselves by asking CnG to surrender. You're also deluding yourself if you think CnG will surrender to TOP imo.
[/quote]

*Shrugs*

Personally, I don't care. I just stated what I thought the best move for both was. If CnG and TOP want to burn each other to the ground, that's fine. It just levels the playing field for alliances like mine who will be waiting at ZI to greet them.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='12 February 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1265925666' post='2175587']
Ok that works. I don't really get what mhawk is getting at anyway so Im gonna go back to watching nonsensical arguments unfold.
[/quote]
Amen, I'll help people out:

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='12 February 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1265920610' post='2175419']
Some interesting posts. I admire the OP for stating it like he sees it.

IMO, if the TOP coalition were to offer peace, it would be in CnG's best interest to accept it. Even if CnG wanted try to punish TOP by continuing war, they will lose a tremendous amount of resources doing so - disproportionate to the damages done when you consider it would be easier to take peace and then build with an eye towards outmaneuvering TOP at a later date if they felt TOP were such a threat.

A wise general picks the place of the battle and moves the circumstances towards having the greater advantage, right now neither have the advantage so it will only be a circus of mutual destruction.
[/quote]
Do you really think accepting peace sooner rather than later would be in CnG's best interests or are you just really transparently trying to manipulate things in the best interests of Zenith, ie. peace sooner rather than later. Personally I don't think CnG will get a better chance than this one to outmaneuver TOP in the future, or even a chance half as good as this one.

[quote name='mhawk' date='11 February 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1265925853' post='2175594']
Personally I don't really care all that much. I just find amusement in pestering guys from the COMPLAINTS bloc :P As an interesting aside, either way this goes down CnG will have the rep of demanding and receiving more reps than any other entity that has ever existed.
[/quote]
Maybe. Or maybe well just war for a long time and neutralize everyone and then have a nuclear BBQ. I guess well just have to find out.

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 February 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1265925953' post='2175598']
Amen, I'll help people out:

Do you really think accepting peace sooner rather than later would be in CnG's best interests or are you just really transparently trying to manipulate things in the best interests of Zenith, ie. peace sooner rather than later. Personally I don't think CnG will get a better chance than this one to outmaneuver TOP in the future, or even a chance half as good as this one.
[/quote]
CnG is only as strong as their indirect allies, I suppose it will be up to them to explain why the war must continue for the benefit of outmaneuvering some other alliance.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='11 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1265925911' post='2175596']
*Shrugs*

Personally, I don't care. I just stated what I thought the best move for both was. If CnG and TOP want to burn each other to the ground, that's fine. It just levels the playing field for alliances like mine who will be waiting at ZI to greet them.
[/quote]

Well actually at this point TOP would get the better end of the deal if peace were declared now. The amount of damage CnG can take is slowing down while TOP's is still fairly consistent.

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' date='11 February 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1265925360' post='2175570']
No, trying to work peace doesn't show that you are unwilling to pick a side. There are many examples to this, the recent i can think of is the STA/Kronos incident. TOP chosed Kronos side, but tried to work peace as all here know.
[/quote]
Not trying to prove that with the fact that we worked towards peace all along. I was simply replying to your alliance mates post claiming that cng seeking peace proves that we wanted war with TOP. Actually now that I said it out loud it makes perfect sense. Thanks.

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 February 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1265925953' post='2175598']

[/quote]

I do, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. If CnG thinks that the resources spent on trying to tackle TOP and IRON will be worth it, then by all means, go ahead.

Zenith is in a win/win, so I'm rather uninterested in the outcome. If peace is had, we can get on with our lives, if war continues, it only weakens those above us. The distance to our bottom is much shorter than the distance for others.

[quote name='mhawk' date='11 February 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1265926067' post='2175603']
CnG is only as strong as their indirect allies, I suppose it will be up to them to explain why the war must continue for the benefit of outmaneuvering some other alliance.
[/quote]
This point has been said in almost these exact words over and over. Clearly, our allies understand that a threat against CnG is a threat to them as well, unless they are going to abandon us because TOP wants to see us destroyed.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1265926310' post='2175620']
This point has been said in almost these exact words over and over. Clearly, our allies understand that a threat against CnG is a threat to them as well, unless they are going to abandon us because TOP wants to see us destroyed.
[/quote]
Do you honestly feel TOP wants you destroyed?

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='11 February 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1265926220' post='2175610']
Well actually at this point TOP would get the better end of the deal if peace were declared now. The amount of damage CnG can take is slowing down while TOP's is still fairly consistent.
[/quote]

We'll see in a month or so when warchests run out how that trend continues.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='11 February 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1265926568' post='2175632']
We'll see in a month or so when warchests run out how that trend continues.
[/quote]

Indeed we will.
Though not in the manner I think you imagine.

[quote name='mhawk' date='11 February 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1265926372' post='2175627']
Do you honestly feel TOP wants you destroyed?
[/quote]
I think certain aspects of TOP would /love/ to see MK, CnG, etc destroyed. I don't think all of TOP has it out for us, but Crymson in his DoW made his emotions towards us clear, as have many of their current leadership through their comments.

I did not believe before that they did, but stating an unprovoked war with us has forced me to reconsider that.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1265926993' post='2175659']
I think certain aspects of TOP would /love/ to see MK, CnG, etc destroyed. I don't think all of TOP has it out for us, but Crymson in his DoW made his emotions towards us clear, as have many of their current leadership through their comments.

I did not believe before that they did, but stating an unprovoked war with us has forced me to reconsider that.
[/quote]

Hmmm. This post seems magnetic. Maybe cause there is some irony in there!

(The show is free. Tip the waitress.)

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='11 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1265926993' post='2175659']

[/quote]
That is one of the most hilariously ironic posts I have ever read.

Thank you. I await seeing Sponge's announcement that he enjoys cuddling, and then my irony bingo board will be all filled out.