Declaration of War

KingEd

[quote name='zenergy' date='10 February 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1265819252' post='2172709']
Thanks for the support guys - we may be outnumbered by 50m NS, but we'll still come out of this alright. All it means is that my opponents have to get in line to fight me. I just think it's funny that they had to go to these lengths to take us on. If you really want in that bad, just declare and cut the crap.
[/quote]

Obviously you're ignoring everything that's been said to you in here and elsewhere, but if it makes you feel any better, sure, you're fighting 50m NS.

I'm interested to see if this whole 'just declare' thing will take off, since quite clearly creating legitimate entrances for alliances to help out where they're wanted / neeeded is causing such a problem.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' date='10 February 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1265818933' post='2172698']
Treaty chains are dumb. I already said that, why are we even discussing it?

"Oh thank god our war is legal now! We can't defend people unless we're legally obligated! So let's go conjure up some obvious legalistic crap to obligate ourselves!"

Dumb.
[/quote]
It's almost as if some alliances have different legal procedures than others. How strange that all alliances are not identical!

And luckily for the rest of us, The Word of Heft is not the be-all end-all of OWF discussions, however inflated your sense of self-worth may be.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='10 February 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1265821764' post='2172762']
I'd be interested in hearing more about the relationship TPE and WAPA share.
[/quote]

They enjoy long walks on the beach and emotional talks with each other.

WAPA refuses to bring the trash out while TPE hogs the blanket at night. :awesome:

[quote name='fallin' date='10 February 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1265819863' post='2172725']
Whatever happened to respecting your enemy? Whatever happened to two armies of gentlemen meeting each other on the battlefield?
[/quote]
That's been gone for awhile in alliances for both sides. Sometimes, you'll find one, usually you don't. But, I have a fairly pessimistic view of Digitera. Also, is WAPA and TPE friends?

[quote name='Believland' date='10 February 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1265822248' post='2172777']
That's been gone for awhile in alliances for both sides. Sometimes, you'll find one, usually you don't. But, I have a fairly pessimistic view of Digitera. Also, is WAPA and TPE friends?
[/quote]

I don't think they are.

[quote name='KingEd' date='10 February 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1265784927' post='2172221']
We didn't jump in. We're supporting allies whom are defending allies.
[/quote]

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='10 February 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1265821764' post='2172762']
I'd be interested in hearing more about the relationship TPE and WAPA share.
[/quote]

I think the post from KingEd sums up why they entered to help WAPA, WAPA are helping ODN allies FoB. Does this make them best buddies or mean they've known eachother forever? No. I don't see what you're getting at, other than attempting to send this topic on another wonderful side track after the original, equally ridiculous 'Chaining is stupid / It's a legitimate way to enter' circular argument.

[quote name='fallin' date='10 February 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1265819863' post='2172725']
In all due respect KingEd, you've chosen a rather poor medium of communication to convey your "joke". We're communicating in a medium where things such as tone of voice and body language aren't reflected in the text. To be honest, your joke didn't come off very well. Just sayin.

Secondly, I find your general attitude disgusting. Pardon me for being a moralist but really?

Whatever happened to respecting your enemy? Whatever happened to two armies of gentlemen meeting each other on the battlefield?
[/quote]

I take it we don't share the same ideologies. GUN has my respect; they have defended their allies---we now defend ours. Simple as that. I don't see anything wrong about my comments or "attitude". You barely know me, but feel free to drop a Query anytime---it'd be my pleasure to talk to you.

Time for my 2 cents. All I can say is that this is awesome for GUN. Soon, we'll reveal our new Constitution and government structure, along with the first elected officials under that structure. We decided this would be a year of rebuilding and growth for GUN. Our objectives are to thrust ourselves back into the political climate and become more involved in the world. If it begins with a curbstomp on us, so be it. We won't walk away without attention or respect for defending our allies. We've been beaten down before and we've stumbled, but we've never fell.

Onwards and upwards GUN! o/

*Never thought I'd see myself on the opposing side of ODN but that's how the treaty web works. Personally, I will always respect those guys regardless of this battle. :wub:

Reagan (Gabe Logan)

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1265820621' post='2172740']
It's almost as if some alliances have different legal procedures than others. How strange that all alliances are not identical!

And luckily for the rest of us, The Word of Heft is not the be-all end-all of OWF discussions, however inflated your sense of self-worth may be.
[/quote]
You are free to be wrong, certainly.

If your "legal procedures" prevent you from doing whatever it is you believe to be necessary, especially if that means defending another alliance, then your legal procedures are wrong. Also, dumb.

[quote name='KingEd' date='10 February 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1265825302' post='2172841']
I take it we don't share the same ideologies. GUN has my respect; they have defended their allies---we now defend ours. Simple as that. I don't see anything wrong about my comments or "attitude". You barely know me, but feel free to drop a Query anytime---it'd be my pleasure to talk to you.
[/quote]

Indeed. Comments such as these

[quote]To the lovers and great warchest keepers of GUN, I welcome you to surrender. We wont waste our nukes on a nation with 10,000 Infra and $54,353.06 saved as a war-chest. I know full well that you didn't expect to get jumped on, sorry, get a reality check. No action goes without consequence---the TPE knows this full well. We are committed to this War and we will see it trough. Don't bother us with your useless flames & trolling remarks of "band wagon", put bluntly, we don't give a damn.[/quote]

are the epitomy of respect. I like your logic and your definitions.

Edited by fallin

[quote name='fallin' date='10 February 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1265826852' post='2172872']
Indeed. Comments such as these

are the epitomy of respect. I like your logic and your definitions.
[/quote]
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for scutterbug.

[quote name='Heft' date='10 February 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1265827958' post='2172899']
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for scutterbug.
[/quote]

I'm glad to see that we have something in common. >.>

Edited by fallin

[quote name='Heft' date='10 February 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1265826843' post='2172870']
You are free to be wrong, certainly.

If your "legal procedures" prevent you from doing whatever it is you believe to be necessary, especially if that means defending another alliance, then your legal procedures are wrong. Also, dumb.
[/quote]
Again, stating something as fact doesn't make it so. You can wantonly call things dumb all you like, but so long as you continue to back your words with empty rhetoric, it certainly isn't me and mine that's looking dumb.

For instance, I could state, "I see that the NSO's challenge system one permits any aspirant to challenge one rank ahead of them. They should be able to do what their believe is necessary, for instance challenging several ranks ahead. Your system is wrong. Also, dumb." However, this is no more meaningful than your statement. People do what they want how they want. You can claim that your system is superior all you want, but you'd be hard pressed to find any tangible support for this whatsoever.

[quote name='Reagan' date='10 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1265826701' post='2172869']
*Never thought I'd see myself on the opposing side of ODN but that's how the treaty web works. Personally, I will always respect those guys regardless of this battle. :wub:

Reagan (Gabe Logan)
[/quote]
Glad to see you're still kicking. :]

Edited by Style #386

[quote name='Style #386' date='10 February 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1265829805' post='2172958']
Again, stating something as fact doesn't make it so. You can wantonly call things dumb all you like, but so long as you back your words with empty rhetoric, it certainly isn't me and mine that's looking dumb.

For instance, I could state, "I see that the NSO's challenge system one permits any aspirant to challenge one rank ahead of them. They should be able to do what their believe is necessary, for instance challenging several ranks ahead. Your system is wrong. Also, dumb." However, this is no more meaningful than your statement. People do what they want how they want. You can claim that your system is superior all you want, but you'd be hard pressed to find any tangible support for this whatsoever.
[/quote]
I thought my last post actually had a fairly logical line of reasoning presented. I often don't bother with that much here. My way is superior because it allows for greater latitude of action less disingenuous actions. Is there any practical difference between a "treaty chain" like this and the NSO Declaration on CSN? Not really, ours just cut out about four or five middlemen and didn't bother jumping through a bunch of hoops to make our declaration "legal."

It's war. It's not a matter of law. No war is ever legal.

I understand that ultimately most of the world uses these treaties as an excuse to handcuff each other and limit actions and so we end up with these preposterous announcements, and that I'm in the minority opinion here. But the common views, as a whole, do have a history of being dumb, so I am quite comfortable stating that this, as well, is a dumb thing.

[quote name='zenergy' date='10 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1265784112' post='2172206']
Thanks - it looks like WAPA either felt completely threatened by us, or doesn't have full control of their FA. I'm happy for the additional targets, though.

[/quote]

Not speakin for WAPA here but zenergy. Really wish you could slant your shoulders in one direction to remove the chip thats on it. :lol1:

Ok to start off with . I don't care about all the crying i'm seeing on this forum. That said i just have one question. Why when it is basicly just TPE engageing GUN is everyone acting liek they are performing some kind of magic trick to even be in existance still? Like was previously stated gun has been engaged mainly by TPE wich last i checked is half of GUN's NS. I guess the "treaty chains" are to blame for the fact that we are able to handle this. Also it surely will be the reason our opponent loses if thats whats happens. A little advice about life. Learn to take one on the chin and stop making excuses when you don't like somthing.

Edited by Kman28

[quote name='KingEd' date='10 February 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1265786150' post='2172255']
To the lovers and great warchest keepers of GUN, I welcome you to surrender. We wont waste our nukes on a nation with 10,000 Infra and $54,353.06 saved as a war-chest. I know full well that you didn't expect to get jumped on, sorry, get a reality check. No action goes without consequence---the TPE knows this full well. We are committed to this War and we will see it trough. Don't bother us with your useless flames & trolling remarks of "band wagon", put bluntly, we don't give a damn.

Forward Prolifica!

On a side note---We wont be as kind as WAPA, we will use the full might of our Nuclear Arsenal to an extremely sensible extent. I see it now...Bill Locked...Surrender...laughter...Enjoy the war GUN, I know I will.

Btw, my war-chest for the one that failed: $25,430,230.55
[/quote]
Cute, joke or not that hurts. I believe GUN will come out of this saying something ridiculously infamous like:
Some War-chests, Some Surrender.
However, I'm glad you underestimate us, I mean you guys look fierce and all but that doesn't say much for cohones, I'm still looking forward to an opportunity to meet you on the battle-field.

[quote name='Auctor' date='10 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1265824056' post='2172821']
This line of argument is like trying to argue away a pregnancy on grounds that the lady and the feller never dated.
[/quote]
More like they have no idea who eachother are but by the grace of God they now have a baby. But hey, the Church has fooled us for over 2000 years.

[quote name='SaintScott' date='10 February 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1265840436' post='2173268']
Not speakin for WAPA here but zenergy. Really wish you could slant your shoulders in one direction to remove the chip thats on it. :lol1:
[/quote]

I see no chip thar? We are still in good spirits, including Zen.

To my enemies I say bring it on, because you still haven't. (at least not my way. Oh and a public service announcement from the office of Xeibio himself.
[IMG]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Soviet_Tupac/fored.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Heft' date='10 February 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1265830199' post='2172972']
I thought my last post actually had a fairly logical line of reasoning presented. I often don't bother with that much here. My way is superior because it allows for greater latitude of action less disingenuous actions. Is there any practical difference between a "treaty chain" like this and the NSO Declaration on CSN? Not really, ours just cut out about four or five middlemen and didn't bother jumping through a bunch of hoops to make our declaration "legal."

It's war. It's not a matter of law. No war is ever legal.

I understand that ultimately most of the world uses these treaties as an excuse to handcuff each other and limit actions and so we end up with these preposterous announcements, and that I'm in the minority opinion here. But the common views, as a whole, do have a history of being dumb, so I am quite comfortable stating that this, as well, is a dumb thing.
[/quote]

I see what you are trying to say . I agree with most of it aswell. From my years here I've seen treaties come and go alliances fall friendships broken. The one thing that has never changed is everyone has their own agenda. Can we all stop taking it so personal and remember we have all been on both sides of this at one time or another.

[quote name='Tupac' date='10 February 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1265857451' post='2173761']
Cute, joke or not that hurts. I believe GUN will come out of this saying something ridiculously infamous like:
Some War-chests, Some Surrender.
However, I'm glad you underestimate us, I mean you guys look fierce and all but that doesn't say much for cohones, I'm still looking forward to an opportunity to meet you on the battle-field.

More like they have no idea who eachother are but by the grace of God they now have a baby. But hey, the Church has fooled us for over 2000 years.

I see no chip thar? We are still in good spirits, including Zen.

To my enemies I say bring it on, because you still haven't. (at least not my way. Oh and a public service announcement from the office of Xeibio himself.
[IMG]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Soviet_Tupac/fored.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Quick question. Is the whole nuke thing your threat. If it is i encourage you to go and check you alliance page. Once you have done that i would like you to go and check ours. See ya at update :). Good luck to you all.

Also a little about TPE . We are a tight nit group of guys who play many games together . Have been for years. We have not in any other game ever backed down. The guys i have here now have been tested time and time again and not faultered. Testing our resolve is a waste of your time my friend.

Edited by Kman28

[quote name='Kman28' date='10 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1265858387' post='2173789']
Quick question. Is the whole nuke thing your threat. If it is i encourage you to go and check you alliance page. Once you have done that i would like you to go and check ours. See ya at update :). Good luck to you all.

Also a little about TPE . We are a tight nit group of guys who play many games together . Have been for years. We have not in any other game ever backed down. The guys i have here now have been tested time and time again and not faultered. Testing our resolve is a waste of your time my friend.
[/quote]

Nonono, im simply stating that I have yet to have my fair share of the fun and I don't appreciate watching my alliance burn when I am barely singed. Can you fufufufill my fafafafantasy? I will wait and see at update :D.

Also, the fact that you are a tightly knit group is not a surprise to me at all. Many facts about your alliance prove this and your military organization is obvious, thanks. But this isn't the first time we have been on the receiving end.

[quote name='Tupac' date='10 February 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1265859037' post='2173811']
Nonono, im simply stating that I have yet to have my fair share of the fun and I don't appreciate watching my alliance burn when I am barely singed. Can you fufufufill my fafafafantasy? I will wait and see at update :D.

Also, the fact that you are a tightly knit group is not a surprise to me at all. Many facts about your alliance prove this and your military organization is obvious, thanks. But this isn't the first time we have been on the receiving end.
[/quote]

I'll see what i can do for you.