Alchemy DoW

Archmage

Some people really need to keep their heads out of this thread. :((

That said, best of luck to Alchemy and NATO. Sad to see my friends on the other side, but I fully understand your positions, and respect it to the fullest.

:wub:

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by President S O

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Becks For Dinner' date='08 February 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1265612247' post='2168412']
Right. If by "historical habit" you mean that time I left the only alliance I had ever been in before this, after spending more than a year there, then yes, you are correct sir.
[/quote]
No, that's not what I'm talking about. It's pretty funny that you seem to be unaware.

[quote name='Becks For Dinner' date='08 February 2010 - 01:57 AM' timestamp='1265612247' post='2168412']
Also, on the subject of bending over, are you actually berating us for having the gall to go out and start something of our own making, something that we could take pride in, and grow from it's infancy in our own vision? You believe that is something to be mocked and ridiculed? Oh please forgive us, for not following like sheep a path we could no longer believe in, and striking out to chart our own course. We are such ignorant fools!
[/quote]
I'm sure Wedgie was proud of Valhalla too.

No. You were a traitor when you were in UPN, you're still a traitor now.

To those bawing about bandwagoning. You're on the other side and must oppose us all unconditionally, we get it. You're displeased with the circumstances you're in, we get it. Your critiques lack considerable credibility though when such "bandwagoning" (aka the honoring of treaties) is prevalent on both sides.

Anyhow, good luck Alchemy, and welcome to the fight. Give 'em hell. o7

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='08 February 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1265594781' post='2167807']
way to go NATO, did you expect them to fight an even fight? now its time for these guys and crew.

[img]http://media.avclub.com/images/articles/article/32467/Bandwagon_Header_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='08 February 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1265609602' post='2168321']
More bandwagons. Just what the new hedge called for ;).
[/quote]

Both of you need to learn what the word bandwagon means.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1265612737' post='2168423']

[/quote]

Aww.... there goes Haffypoo, being sweet as always to Alchemy when he posts. :gag:

Becks is a "traitor", eh? So, what does that make me? A double traitor!? WHOA! For shame! Naughty, naughty me! :ehm:

Seriously, though Haffles. If you spent more time in Foreign Affairs for your alliance than worrying about Internal Affairs for UPN, you might actually know what's going on! :smug:

[quote name='President S O' date='08 February 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1265612543' post='2168420']
Some people really need to keep their heads out of this thread. :((

That said, best of luck to Alchemy and NATO. Sad to see my friends on the other side, but I fully understand your positions, and respect it to the fullest.

:wub:

EDIT: Typo.
[/quote]
That's what makes you better than the rest Pres. :wub:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1265612737' post='2168423']
No, that's not what I'm talking about. It's pretty funny that you seem to be unaware.

[/quote]
You should be more specific then Haf, because we aren't afraid to lay everything out on the table. Just to clarify, that's how one feels when they've done nothing wrong. Instead you choose to hide behind your bitterness with vague references and name calling because in reality that's all you have.

[quote name='King John Philos Vi' date='08 February 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1265629900' post='2168573']
Aww.... there goes Haffypoo, being sweet as always to Alchemy when he posts. :gag:

Becks is a "traitor", eh? So, what does that make me? A double traitor!? WHOA! For shame! Naughty, naughty me! :ehm:

Seriously, though Haffles. If you spent more time in Foreign Affairs for your alliance than worrying about Internal Affairs for UPN, you might actually know what's going on! :smug:
[/quote]
KJ, that makes us double traitor backstabbers with whip cream on top. :awesome:

[quote name='Kae Lee' date='08 February 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1265638960' post='2168694']
That's what makes you better than the rest Pres. :wub:

You should be more specific then Haf, because we aren't afraid to lay everything out on the table. Just to clarify, that's how one feels when they've done nothing wrong. Instead you choose to hide behind your bitterness with vague references and name calling because in reality that's all you have.

KJ, that makes us double traitor backstabbers with whip cream on top. :awesome:
[/quote]

What does that make me kae? I didn't have personal reasons other than not liking where Invicta was headed. Any personal issues sprang up over people's reaction to my leaving :P:awesome:

[quote name='tamerlane' date='07 February 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1265597989' post='2167905']
must've spoken to the =LOST= representative. Its ok, Wargarden is always busy these days and never has time to explain things in plain english. :awesome:
[/quote]

That depends. Alchemy, did the first clerk reek of cheap booze and cigarettes, look disgruntled, and wore a Boba Fett helmet?

Edit: Forgot Quote :rolleyes:

Edited by Devilyn Caster

[quote name='Kae Lee' date='07 February 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1265606520' post='2168201']
Any person who belonged to the alliance at one time and had the backbone to take their exceptional talent elsewhere after being shafted by their leadership, instead of continuing to follow like sheep and contribute to a political entity they no longer held any respect for.
[/quote]
Being shafted huh? I would call being shafted; you leaving your goverment postion with out notice(ok, not a huge deal) and recruiting members to follow you to your new alliance while still in goverment and taking them with you.
And exceptional talent? Get over your self!

[quote name='Amonra' date='08 February 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1265644535' post='2168761']
Being shafted huh? I would call being shafted; you leaving your goverment postion with out notice(ok, not a huge deal) and recruiting members to follow you to your new alliance while still in goverment and taking them with you.
And exceptional talent? Get over your self!
[/quote]
Bitter much? I love opinions based in raw emotion as opposed to actual facts. :awesome:

Wow - backstabbing, traitors, recruiting/poaching... Since you guys seem to have so much problem figuring out the definition of words, I'll help you out again.

Recruit: To attempt to enroll or enlist a member.

This should not be confused with what happens when like minded people decide they do not belong to an entity that shares their beliefs, and hence leave to find a place that does.

Get over myself? :lol1: Have you even met me? :blink: Seriously though, you're right. I'm sure you've had plenty of Finance Ministers since I left that did every bit the job I did for you. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Kae Lee' date='08 February 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1265645441' post='2168771']
Get over myself? :lol1: Have you even met me? :blink: Seriously though, you're right. I'm sure you've had plenty of Finance Ministers since I left that did every bit the job I did for you. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
You mean left in a huff cuase you got passed over for a promotion & took members with you to a new alliance in your hasty retreat?
No I can honostly say we have not had any other ministers that have done the job you did!

[quote name='Amonra' date='08 February 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1265648265' post='2168810']
You mean left in a huff cuase you got passed over for a promotion & took members with you to a new alliance in your hasty retreat?
No I can honostly say we have not had any other ministers that have done the job you did!
[/quote]
The Kool-Aid is tasty isn't it Amonra? What amazes me is they never change the flavor over there... I got bored with it myself, but there's no accounting for some people's taste.

I confess. I'm so disappointed and bitter over the whole thing. I've never quite recovered to be honest. As a matter of fact, I have made every decision since that incident a year ago solely based on getting back at you guys for it. :unsure: I'm so full of anger, I even turned the same position down the two times it [i]was[/i] offered to me, well after I left. Get over *myself*? :facepalm:

If you'd like to pull your head out of the punch bowl for a minute, I'll let you in on a little secret. I was planning on leaving [i]months[/i] before that wonderful debacle even occurred. :ph34r: Contrary to popular belief, my issues there had nothing to do with Jorost whatsoever. Was I angry? Not at all. Hurt? Yes. But within a week I was over it, and focusing on other things... a talent that apparently eludes many who were involved - and not involved at all - in said circumstances.

Now that I've cleared that up, let's take it a step further. Do you know who [i]was[/i] slated to get that position? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Haf, lol. It was Ryiis, who turned it down and started an alliance with me. Assuming he was the mindless automaton you obviously believe him to be (since I just 'took' him and the others, and they must not have been capable of independent thought), I probably would have had a lot more fun getting back at Invicta by staying and simply manipulating him. After all, if what you believe is true I would have held the position by proxy, wouldn't I? :ehm:

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='08 February 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1265648989' post='2168824']
Let's stop with the bandwagon and backstabbing stuff please. Alchemy is honoring their committments to their protectors, they wanted to fight and we're on the list. That's as honorable as you can get, so drop the negativity against Alchemy, please.
[/quote]
Thank you for that Anu. I have never had any contact with NATO in the past, but at least from what I've seen here you guys are a decent bunch. It's a pleasure to dance with you. ;)

[quote name='Lukcia' date='08 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1265667241' post='2169172']
So, will you be disrespectful in this war as well?

Good luck all 20 of you.
[/quote]
Confucius say one would be wise to consider the advice in their own sig before casting stones. ^_^

Edited by Kae Lee

[quote name='Lukcia' date='08 February 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1265667241' post='2169172']
So, will you be disrespectful in this war as well?

Good luck all 20 of you.
[/quote]

ummm... unless you've been on a different OWF than I have UPN has been giving back all it got in more than full. Also, it is rather ironic that your own post proves just how disrespectful you are. We are not fighting UPN yet many of your members seem to feel the need to butt your heads into this thread. It is rather sad that the members of the alliance we are fighting are not being tools to us and you all are.

[quote name='James III' date='08 February 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1265669697' post='2169239']
ummm... unless you've been on a different OWF than I have UPN has been giving back all it got in more than full. Also, it is rather ironic that your own post proves just how disrespectful you are. We are not fighting UPN yet many of your members seem to feel the need to butt your heads into this thread. It is rather sad that the members of the alliance we are fighting are not being tools to us and you all are.
[/quote]
That comment was of Lukcia's opinion, not UPN, as an alliance, so no need to bash a whole alliance over a member's(not even gov) comment. As to why UPN members feel the need to support their MDoAP partners in the thread they are declared war in, I think you can figure that out.

Edited by abdur

[quote name='abdur' date='09 February 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1265695532' post='2170105']
That comment was of Lukcia's opinion, not UPN, as an alliance, so no need to bash a whole alliance over a member's(not even gov) comment. As to why UPN members feel the need to support their MDoAP partners in the thread they are declared war in, I think you can figure that out.
[/quote]
Interesting jump there, since he did not bash UPN as a whole, but specifically referred to the member comments that have been made. Granted he did use the term "UPN" to describe said members collectively... way out of line, I agree. Perhaps you have a suggestion as to what to call the collective UPN members whose opinions don't represent UPN?

Also, your position (obviously not UPNs, even if you are gov, if I'm to understand you correctly... pro-tip, if the members [b]and [/b]their gov don't represent UPN - you might check in to getting someone to do that for you) that there's no need to bash an entire alliance over a few member's opinions, is pretty rich considering your anti-Alchemy propaganda.

[quote name='Kae Lee' date='09 February 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1265697442' post='2170173']
Interesting jump there, since he did not bash UPN as a whole, but specifically referred to the member comments that have been made. Granted he did use the term "UPN" to describe said members collectively... way out of line, I agree. Perhaps you have a suggestion as to what to call the collective UPN members whose opinions don't represent UPN?

Also, your position (obviously not UPNs, even if you are gov, if I'm to understand you correctly... pro-tip, if the members [b]and [/b]their gov don't represent UPN - you might check in to getting someone to do that for you) that there's no need to bash an entire alliance over a few member's opinions, is pretty rich considering your anti-Alchemy propaganda.
[/quote]
You could, maybe, call them by their name? There is no need for someone to represent UPN as a whole when the thread doesnt concern the alliance itself. My anti-Alchemy propaganda was done During the war. The only propaganda I did was: [img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh17/kaylee1975/Cybernations/AbdurSig.gif[/img] Which is common propaganda when there is a war going on. The only other Anti-Alchemy piece I animated was an Invictan members. Hence the credit shouldn't go to me but to him.

I'm sorry Abdur, but in a democracy the 'people' represent the alliance. Unless you guys aren't a democracy and instead have someone (one un-elected person) represent a group of people, then the voice of those same 'people' should count as the voice of the alliance. Whilst I realize that the UPN members that have commented here don't represent a majority and should therefor not represent the whole alliance, then you should tell me what majority of the alliance called for the current leader that you fellows have.

As always, opinions and such only represent myself.