DOOM DoW

sstabeler

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='07 February 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1265597914' post='2167899']
I do believe that TPF fought against overwhelming odds in the Karma war.
[/quote]
Yes, as a matter of fact they did, but how did they earn that?
By participating in numerous curbstomps and wiggling their way out of the UJW to leave their allies out in the cold.

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' date='07 February 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1265596793' post='2167863']
A fair portion of the later DoWs have been on the outnumbered side of this affair. I would imagine the delay is caused by the fact a lot of alliances don't actually have some sort of rally cry to get involved outside of helping their allies slowing their decisions down, the staggered nature this war has taken, and the fact that small alliances declaring early in wars tend to get dogpiled. It's much safer for the smaller folk to enter into established fronts than to create new ones.
[/quote]

You sir, have hit the proverbial nail right on the head. We don't care anything for the politics. We have no dog in the fight. We enjoy a little skirmish now and again, but this is a little over the top. I've seen some goofy wars in my time on Planet Bob, but this one takes the cake. We'll help whatever friends ask. Friends>infra+tech+land+cash+pixels.

Pepper, I concur completely. And the absolutely absurd reasons behind this entire conflict make me hope that it ends sooner. I have no problem losing every bit of infrastructure, tech, or land my nation has, but not for this war.

[quote name='MaGneT' date='07 February 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1265601517' post='2168026']
Pepper, I concur completely. And the absolutely absurd reasons behind this entire conflict make me hope that it ends sooner. I have no problem losing every bit of infrastructure, tech, or land my nation has, but not for this war.
[/quote]

Well, in my honest opinion, there's a pretty clear reason why this war has gone as far as it has: Last year around this time, there was a war. So this year too keep the world rolling, there's another war. Who wants to bet there will be an winter/early spring war next year?

On a different note: Good to be in the fight guys!

[quote name='MaGneT' date='07 February 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1265601517' post='2168026']
[/quote]

We should talk after this great unpleasantness is over. ;)

[quote name='MaGneT' date='07 February 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1265598046' post='2167906']
Yes, as a matter of fact they did, but how did they earn that?
By participating in numerous curbstomps and wiggling their way out of the UJW to leave their allies out in the cold.
[/quote]
Ah good old UJW. You might find it interesting that of our top 3 gov in TPF by chain of command, 2 were in molon labe during the UJW and the other didnt exist. I might ask where you served during that war and if your accusations of us would better reflect what your alliance did. However the point is perhaps it is time you move beyond the spin of two year old stuff and judge an alliance by it's individuals. You can look how we had the chance to curbstomp PC and used diplomacy while Q was still up. You can look how we held out until all our allies gained peace in Karma. Perhaps our standing up for KM when he was to be zi'ed by xiphosis. Instead you use some quick talk point from a war the majority of our current alliance wasn't in nor remembers.

[quote name='mhawk' date='08 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1265605653' post='2168163']
Ah good old UJW. You might find it interesting that of our top 3 gov in TPF by chain of command, 2 were in molon labe during the UJW and the other didnt exist. I might ask where you served during that war and if your accusations of us would better reflect what your alliance did. However the point is perhaps it is time you move beyond the spin of two year old stuff and judge an alliance by it's individuals. You can look how we had the chance to curbstomp PC and used diplomacy while Q was still up. You can look how we held out until all our allies gained peace in Karma. Perhaps our standing up for KM when he was to be zi'ed by xiphosis. Instead you use some quick talk point from a war the majority of our current alliance wasn't in nor remembers.
[/quote]
I stand corrected. I'm a man who keeps opinions for a long time, it seems those were incorrect.

I knew that you were one of the ones in TPF with cojones, anyway.

[quote name='Roadie' date='07 February 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1265591267' post='2167747']
That's because nobody respects an alliance that's afraid to fight 1v1. If the Primate Clan wouldn't have to immensely outnumber their enemies in order to fight, you might get some love. Until then, you can continue to inflate your ego with your verbal displays of primate behavior. Real soldiers don't chest thump. Primates do. Well, and Higher Primates, technically, but still primates.
[/quote]
Yes, it's not like PC attacked NpO without expecting to get help or anything.