A Declaration Of War

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]*A man rides gently in, lounging atop something that looks like the love child of a giant mechanical spider, and a chaise longue.*

Ladies, and Gentlemen of the Press,

March 24th will mark the 3rd anniversary of The House of Lords. That, however, is not why I'm here to speak with you today. I am Salvatore Arjunza, as you most likely don't know. We tend to keep to ourselves, with our technological marvels, our cigars, overstuffed chairs, and scotch. Lots and lots of scotch. However, while I'm sure I will soon be quite the lover of the drink, that is not why I am here today. Echelon, our allies whom have stood with us through thick and thin, no longer hold any faith in us. After all this time, we have never fought in their defense. I cannot blame them for their lack of faith. I... I am a stubborn man, and we... we are an honourable people. Echelon does not know our tanks and our men are coming to their aid. They have told us nothing, in regards to this war, and we have returned the favor. We have grown apart, after all these years, and so while we march now, our men and theirs, fighting as friends against an overwhelming foe, let them know, that this is the last time. They may consider our treaty cancelled, and we will go our seperate way. Our honor bids that we stand with them, and stand we will. The House of Lords has awoken, ladies and gentlemen. I can see our machines moving, marching slowly across the hillside. Echelon, we stand with you, in action faithful and honor clear. We will burn together, and bound by the blood of our nations. The House of Lords does not expect to win this war. We are not warriors. We are diplomats and peaceful folk. That doesn't mean we w ill stray from our duty. So, it is with a great sadness upon my heart, that I must do something that has never been done before, in the History of The House of Lords. Noble Soldiers of FOK, please prepare. We march for you.[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][img]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Richard_Vorak/VorakSeal.png[/img]
His Eminence The Most Respected [u]Lord Vorak[/u], [b]Lord President and Leader of the House of Lords[/b], [i]1st Grand Duke of the House of Lords[/i], Lord of Vorakia

Edited by SilvioArjunza

Salvatore, I don't know who prodded you on this or told you we'd lost faith in you, but you can rest assured that when I find out who they we're, they're going to get a damn piece of my mind. Your great guys, I'm glad to see you going to war, but I'm sorry that the relations had to come to such a tense end, and I sincerely hope that the bonds are able to be rebuilt in the future.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='SilvioArjunza' date='07 February 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1265585654' post='2167620']Echelon, our allies whom have stood with us through thick and thin, no longer hold any faith in us.
We have grown apart, after all these years, and so while we march now, our men and theirs, fighting as friends against an overwhelming foe, let them know, that this is the last time. [/quote]
It's unfortunate that you chose to cancel our treaty here instead of informing us on irc or on our forums. I appreciate HoL's support in this war.

You indicated to me that you have been unable to find anyone in Echelon to talk to. Our IRC channel always has Gov and I'm always on (you can leave a message if I'm away). So it's unfortunate you didn't reach out to us if you felt like we were growing apart. Echelon has been rather busy the last few days, war and all. As for not informing you of what was happening, some of it is obvious (we declared on MHA, FOK declared on us) and for the stuff that is less obvious, again I'm always on IRC.

I don't want to try to make this [i]your[/i] problem. I'll take some responsibility, but will also mention that I have reached out to you to ensure this situation could have been avoided.

Good luck in your battles and may your alliance prosper.

...it is unfortunate that you have to enter this conflict and that our relationship has seemingly hit this trough, but you're a good alliance. It's an honour to fight with you at our side.

[center]Hunt well, HoL.
[/center]
[center][img]http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af162/odstarkov/hol.jpg[/img]
[/center]

Hello my friends! It's unfortunate that we're on different sides of the war, but no matter which side you guys choose, all of the folks in DF always love you. Good luck in your fight, and welcome to the Nuclear Anarchy party. ;)
And to our friends and allies in FOK, you've found an honourable opponent. Good luck! :awesome: