Sparta Declaration of War

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Remaliat' date='07 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1265532921' post='2166598']
Couldn't be happier to be fighting an honorable alliance for once.
[/quote]
I always knew Polaris despised honor in an alliance -.-

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 February 2010 - 03:14 AM' timestamp='1265530471' post='2166559']
It's well known that Sparta, a close ally of Athens, only DoWs for treaty activation reasons. ^_^
[/quote]

Yes. All those wars with TOP and IRON. They never happened. Ever.

[quote name='Heft' date='07 February 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1265569857' post='2167112']
Sparta's war screen is one confusing mess. You seem to be sort of at war with a bunch of alliances but not actually launching many wars against very many of them, at least comparatively speaking.
[/quote]

Or you simply don't understand what a ghost declaration is.

Also, you can search through our offensive wars if you want. I assure you you're quite wrong :smug:

I don't see NSO launching many offensive wars when they were countered, at least comparatively speaking.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Sure we do know what a Ghost Declaration is. Won't change the fact, that no doubt when it is all done and dusted Spartans *spit* up and down will be claiming how they DoW'd on x, y and z.... not to mention a-w as well... :blink:

Edited by MadScotsman

[quote name='MadScotsman' date='07 February 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1265574827' post='2167241']
Sure we do know what a Ghost Declaration is. Won't change the fact, that no doubt when it is all done and dusted Spartans *spit* up and down will be claiming how they DoW'd on x, y and z.... not to mention a-w as well... :blink:
[/quote]

Yes, we're obviously going to go around bragging about ghost declarations. I'm doing it already!

[quote name='MadScotsman' date='07 February 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1265574827' post='2167241']
[/quote]

It is political maneuvering that is successful in bringing a larger force to bear where they can be effective, it is just good strategy.

[quote name='MadScotsman' date='07 February 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1265576050' post='2167272']
It is not a good strategy. It's an excellent one - no one can doubt that. Just as long as they don't try and re-write history...
[/quote]

There will always be people on the OWF to dispute the records :awesome:

[quote name='suryanto tan' date='07 February 2010 - 03:26 AM' timestamp='1265531214' post='2166577']
I cannot seem to find any actual in game war declaration from Sparta against MASH.
[/quote]

Can't be looking to hard then can you? ^_^

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=288529&Extended=1

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='07 February 2010 - 06:53 AM' timestamp='1265525613' post='2166431']
Now you're using that god awful emoticon as well? :gag:

This DoW was probably used to get Umbrella into the war so I don't think we will see Sparta attacking MASH. I hope this whole war comes to an end before the top guys sacrifice everyone else for their egos. <_<
[/quote]

Yeah I know it's basically a DoW to let allies "legally" chain in, like Fark's DoW on NADC (they have 0 wars against us currently). But it always like a pet peeve for me when people hail these threads as if the alliance doing the DoW is actually going to put their necks on the line.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='08 February 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1265593771' post='2167784']
Yeah I know it's basically a DoW to let allies "legally" chain in, like Fark's DoW on NADC (they have 0 wars against us currently). But it always like a pet peeve for me when people hail these threads as if the alliance doing the DoW is actually going to put their necks on the line.
[/quote]

Asgaard appreciates Sparta's assistance, you realize this opens Sparta up to attack from MASH and allies as well. :smug:

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='08 February 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1265593872' post='2167789']
Asgaard appreciates Sparta's assistance, you realize this opens Sparta up to attack from MASH and allies as well. :smug:
[/quote]

You realize we're outnumbered in this war. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='07 February 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1265594759' post='2167806']
Asgaard was outnumbered quite a bit before this and Umbrella.
[/quote]

That may be true (and I would dispute that) but, again, that doesn't mean that Sparta is sticking out their necks for Asgaard. So far, I've seen one war against MASH. And there aren't a lot of uninvolved alliances left on MASH's side that can do significant amount of damage to Sparta.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='08 February 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1265595315' post='2167819']
That may be true (and I would dispute that) but, again, that doesn't mean that Sparta is sticking out their necks for Asgaard. So far, I've seen one war against MASH. And there aren't a lot of uninvolved alliances left on MASH's side that can do significant amount of damage to Sparta.
[/quote]

I don't mind :P

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='07 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1265595612' post='2167829']
I don't mind :P
[/quote]

I'm sure you don't. :P Just to be clear, I neither condemn nor approve of this DoW.

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='07 February 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1265595902' post='2167835']
Strategy does not always dictate an attack. From the discussion here: I'm sure all have already gathered that. What is there to further discuss?
[/quote]

I agree with that. This is a nice strategy to help out an ally when engaged in multiple fronts. I'm just arguing against the claim/notion that Sparta is risking anything by declaring war against MASH.

EDIT: Condone =/= condemn. Sorry for the possible confusion.

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='08 February 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1265595902' post='2167835']
Strategy does not always dictate an attack. From the discussion here: I'm sure all have already gathered that. What is there to further discuss?
[/quote]

Umbrella could have attacked without the whole esoteric activating of treaties and it would have been the same thing, though people would have would have bawwed more about bandwagoning or something; like how CnG tries to play the pity game with Citadel's pre-empt, when it was inevitable CnG was going to enter the conflict anyway.