Cessation of Hostilities

Vilien

[center][img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5633/tmflagresize.png[/img][img]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2230/goonsresize.png[/img][/center]

[u]Announcement[/u]: GOONS and TMF hereby come to terms for a cessation of hostilities, privy to minor private conditions that have already been met. The Resistance has been contacted regarding TMF's exit from this war, however, we have failed to receive a definitive response. We will not continue to take needless damage simply because we cannot seem to reach the Resistance for a solid answer. They can make their decision known to us through the most convenient medium.

Signed,
[b]For the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism:[/b]
Pilot: Sardonic
CoPilot: lazerc
Secretariat: nippy
Strategos: salithus

[b]For the Moralist Front:[/b]
Vilien, Speaker
The General Assembly

[center]- - - - -[/center]

We'd like to thank the Resistance for an honorable fight, and we wish them the best of luck. Good luck to all the rest of you.

Ah, I actually forgot we were at war...

Obviously The Resistance will be reasonable and readily engage in any overtures towards peace. I believe, however, that in the middle of negotiations last night the member representing your party left IRC, thus leaving us in the dark.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and welcome your efforts towards an amicable termination of the current conflict.

[quote name='PeachesIII' date='06 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1265513478' post='2165890']
Ah, I actually forgot we were at war...

Obviously The Resistance will be reasonable and readily engage in any overtures towards peace. I believe, however, that in the middle of negotiations last night the member representing your party left IRC, thus leaving us in the dark.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and welcome your efforts towards an amicable termination of the current conflict.
[/quote]

Eh i like the dark... im used to it... Wasnt even aware that we were fighting.

But oh well. We look forward to some light at the end of this conflict.

Congratulations on peace.

Though I do notice a distinct difference between TOP/IRON's side and C&G's side when it comes to allies leaving the war with peace...
Edit: Though I do admit, it is far too early in the thread to tell

Edited by Gimlimonkey

You forgot the best part:
[quote name='Vilien' date='06 February 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1265509412' post='2165742']
For quite some time now I’ve been a proponent of the moralist way of thought, but now I’ve seen the error of my ways. Ultimately, the moralist philosophy is one built upon illogical emotional appeal and anti-intellectual sophistry. Crises have time and time again shown “moralists” to be little more than opportunists seeking to score points in a non-existent court of international opinion. Kant once fallaciously asserted “do what is right, though the world may perish.” Germans are notoriously awful moral theorists, so we may easily ignore his postulation.

Obsolete ideas like absolute morality all have their foundation in the fallacy of godhead. Obsequious priests once imparted our youth with a series of mores backed up by the threat of eternal damnation and suffering in hellfire. Neoteric men reject these antiquated fire-and-brimstone preachings. Subsequently, our society should similarly act as a simulacrum of the state-of-the-art sentiments of the modern man. However, that is not the case. Proponents of “morality” argue that we should act with regard to the feelings of those who we interact with. They state that we owe our fellow men more than callous disregard.

These fools completely fail to understand that this is a game. Games have been made throughout time with the intent of allowing players the opportunity to indulge their animalistic desire to physically and emotionally abuse their counterparts. Entertainment in all games stems from this fundamental truth. Ours is no different. What purpose does this exercise in tedium have other than the release of pent-up aggression? I can see none. A “moralist” would typically counter with the argument that we should use this game as a second chance to create a more perfect society. But who desires a perfect society? What could anyone possibly gain from a place where creativity and intellectual development are nourished and men treat each other with dignity and respect?

We can conclude with absolute certainty that there is no such thing as absolute morality. In fact, we can disregard the idea of morality altogether. It is an inconvenient and antiquated construct. Moralism and its proponents rely upon the ideal of the absolute truth. What truth is there in this world? The only absolutes to be found are greed, malice, and hatred. We all know it to be true. Those who hope against hope that men can treat each other well, even in so limited a construct as a game, are deluding themselves. History, our history, has taught us that we are capable of extraordinary acts of mindless cruelty. Why deny our nature?

I’ve seen the light. This game is a refuge for the dispossessed of the modern age. It is an arena where we can take out our frustrations on the weak and powerless. Those of us who are powerless in the real world can experience the satisfaction of strangling the life out of any player or alliance we get our hands on. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Death to decency! Death to compassion! Death to morality!
[/quote]

Anyway, here's to peace.

Edited by Sardonic

weekends are not a good time for me, I'll leave it at that.

I think as a whole The Resistance wants nothing further to do with The Moralist Front as far as war is concerned and you certainly performed an admirable duty on the battlefield with your ally.

I hope they (TORN) are aware that diplomacy is always an option available to them, before this becomes something less than honorable.

[quote name='mattski133' date='06 February 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1265520718' post='2166085']
I hope they (TORN) are aware that diplomacy is always an option available to them, before this becomes something less than honorable.
[/quote]
How do you mean?

[quote name='Gimlimonkey' date='06 February 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1265516281' post='2165973']
Congratulations on peace.

Though I do notice a distinct difference between TOP/IRON's side and C&G's side when it comes to allies leaving the war with peace...
Edit: Though I do admit, it is far too early in the thread to tell
[/quote]
If you're wondering our stance, we are genuinely thankful for TMF's contributions in the war. They gave their all for us, and have our full blessing to pursue peace now.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='bigwoody' date='07 February 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1265521209' post='2166131']
If you're wondering our stance, we are genuinely thankful for TMF's contributions in the war. They gave their all for us, and have our full blessing to pursue peace now.
[/quote]
Thank you for stating this. I was refering to ceratin threads in which alliances' honor was questioned when the agreed to white peace in the face of tremendous odds, when these alliances were on the "winning side". Anyways, I've always actually quite liked TORN, despite some disagreements in our pasts ;)

[quote name='Gimlimonkey' date='06 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265521534' post='2166155']
Thank you for stating this. I was refering to ceratin threads in which alliances' honor was questioned when the agreed to white peace in the face of tremendous odds, when these alliances were on the "winning side". Anyways, I've always actually quite liked TORN, despite some disagreements in our pasts ;)
[/quote]
TMF's honor is not in question, far from it. As for how the other side treats those who fight for it...well I suppose there is a difference between fighting for your lives and fighting for a "statistical advantage" or whatever the reasoning was.