White Peace

DirtDiver

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='06 February 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1265504533' post='2165585']
Indeed, but most have conflicting treaty obligations or have allies on both sides of the war. And I'm not saying that anyone called them cowards but that, judging from people's reactions in this thread, they would have been called cowards if they decided to stay out.
[/quote]
Disagree. Most of us have never heard of Troy or The Immortals before they declared war on FEAR. They never told those of us organizing the war that they were going in (which annoyed us to no end, considering they drew in FEAR's allies). And now, after we moved alliances in to help them out, they agree to peace (and didn't tell us until after the fact).

Edited by Tolkien

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bigwoody' date='07 February 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1265505037' post='2165605']
If 1TF and NUHF want to continue the war, that is their prerogative, as it appears they don't want peace right now. If they do, the road to peace for them is quite short and not at all difficult.
[/quote]

No, if 1TF and NUHF came in the defence of FoB and peace was not declared on that front then AzN & Troy $%&@ed up.

E: I was never offered peace without leaving my allies WAPA against TFD and NATO, so no.

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Mayzie' date='06 February 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1265506084' post='2165641']
No, if 1TF and NUHF came in the defence of FoB and peace was not declared on that front then AzN & Troy $%&@ed up.
[/quote]
You mentioned 5 alliances, and only 2 of them desire peace. Pretty sure any of them could obtain peace if they wanted it.

[quote name='Tolkien' date='06 February 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1265505297' post='2165614']
Disagree. Most of us have never heard of Troy or The Immortals before they declared war on FEAR. They never told those of us organizing the war that they were going in (which annoyed us to no end, considering they drew in FEAR's allies). And now, after we moved alliances in to help them out, they agree to peace (and didn't tell us until after the fact).
[/quote]

I was not aware of that.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='07 February 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1265506175' post='2165643']
You mentioned 5 alliances, and only 2 of them desire peace. Pretty sure any of them could obtain peace if they wanted it.
[/quote]

Sure they could if ADI agreed to pull out, that is not the case. What happened is people pulled out, left us in and didn't care for what they came in for, leaving us alone. No problem, that is an unfortunate situation for ADI.

[23:59] <Warbuck[ADI]> 1TF can have peace too. We require that you have peace with NATO as well.

Despite it being white peace, these guys surrendered to ADI, ADI carried on fighting, they pulled out.

We're not leavoing allies out there, if we can help it.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='06 February 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1265506510' post='2165656']
Sure they could if ADI agreed to pull out, that is not the case. What happened is people pulled out, left us in and didn't care for what they came in for, leaving us alone. No problem, that is an unfortunate situation for ADI.

[23:59] <Warbuck[ADI]> 1TF can have peace too. We require that you have peace with NATO as well.

Despite it being white peace, these guys surrendered to ADI, ADI carried on fighting, they pulled out.

We're not leavoing allies out there, if we can help it.
[/quote]
Fight your war of choice if you wish, but pretending you are being left in the cold without a path to peace is, frankly, a lie.

[quote name='shadeslayers09' date='06 February 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1265503088' post='2165523']
o/ Troy
o/ ADI
o/ FEAR
o/ AzN

great war guys
[/quote]

I echo these sentiments wholeheartedly. ADI's will is stronger and our leadership more honorable than some might think. I hope this war is proof to all of those who ever doubted ADI.

We fought worthy opponents. Peace is accepted and due respect given to our former adversaries in Troy and AzN. Congratulations on a war well fought!

Now, onward into battle once more!

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='06 February 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1265506466' post='2165653']
I was not aware of that.
[/quote]
That's the main problem we up top (no pun intended) have with their entry. While their help was most appreciated (for whatever time it lasted, and neglecting the screwed up staggers), it would've been much better had they made an effort to coordinate with the rest of us (and attacked someone else).

[quote name='Nathan Grant' date='07 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1265506572' post='2165658']
I echo these sentiments wholeheartedly. ADI's will is stronger and our leadership more honorable than some might think. I hope this war is proof to all of those who ever doubted ADI.

We fought worthy opponents. Peace is accepted and due respect given to our former adversaries in Troy and AzN. Congratulations on a war well fought!

Now, onward into battle once more!
[/quote]
After spitting coffee all over my nations comm center I am still LMAO

Again no idea who is on what side if sides even exist anymore so congrats. The truth is all these random alliances drawn in by random treaties would be stupid to stay in a war that not only does not have a point, it does not even have sides. In a case like this anyone who entered by treaty, fights and then gets out is fine in my book.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='06 February 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1265506084' post='2165641']

E: I was never offered peace without leaving my allies WAPA against TFD and NATO, so no.
[/quote]

Well tell FoB to take white peace so you and WAPA can all go home.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='06 February 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1265506084' post='2165641']

[/quote]
If 1TF and NUHF came in defense of FoB then shouldn't they have attacked FEAR? ADI only attacked Troy. ADI and Troy are now at peace... so, why are you attacking ADI again?

[quote name='Canik' date='07 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1265509359' post='2165739']
If 1TF and NUHF came in defense of FoB then shouldn't they have attacked FEAR? ADI only attacked Troy. ADI and Troy are now at peace... so, why are you attacking ADI again?
[/quote]

Starts with a "b" and ends with a "g"

[quote name='wickedj' date='06 February 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1265503168' post='2165533']
Dont go to war if you arent prepared for it.
[/quote]

The thing about big wars like this is that they bring out the second-stringers who don't really know what they're doing, don't know the playbook, don't understand the effect they have on the whole, etc etc. They declare war in "undying defense of their allies," then declare peace because they're not going to "suffer on principle."

Selfish kids that want their war ribbons [i]and[/i] their mommies.

Stop surrendering and start asking for help.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Canik' date='07 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1265509359' post='2165739']
[/quote]

We came in defence of FoB's allies Troy, who seem to have accepted a peace where ADI can re-renter any front at will and where our peace offer involved us leaving our allies WAPA fighting alone. Sorry if my comment was confusing or misleading, it's been a long night. :D

[quote name='Mayzie' date='06 February 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1265515999' post='2165962']
We came in defence of FoB's allies Troy, who seem to have accepted a peace where ADI can re-renter any front at will and where our peace offer involved us leaving our allies WAPA fighting alone. Sorry if my comment was confusing or misleading, it's been a long night. :D
[/quote]
WAPA can get peace too. You're really stretching it to make your continuing war look like anything but a conscious choice.