DoW of Filipino Heroes against Old Guard

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bathala bino' date='07 February 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1265546087' post='2166726']
When is an attack non aggressive? When you raid a nation without an alliance you call that non aggressive because he is not protected and its okay? We never raid a nation because we respect nations whether they are alligned or not,I think thats more aggressive, but for some reason most of you guys think thats its okay. But its not okay to fight beside a friend without a treaty. And suddenly thats a "Bravo Sierra". If the the whole Filipino Heroes (which we couldve) decided to join Gramlins just for this fight, and suddenly they have 26 more nations then thats less Bravo Sierra? Also forgive me for misinterpreting but its like your saying if you knew Gramlins have 20 allies with total strength of 1000 nations you will think twice about declaring war on them. Will that stop you from fighting for what you believe in? Im not. Thats why Im here. So go ahead blow some Sierra up. I guess in any kind of war, in the heat of the situation, its hard to understand each other. Thats why you draw guns.
[/quote]

My apologies - my post was directed toward the peanut gallery of well/ill-wishers who were leveling accusations at Old Guard. An attack can be considered non-aggressive if an alliance had a prior obligation in writing to make that attack in the defense of someone else. It's a contract that's often made between alliances. Unfortunately, it often leads to massive and ridiculous wars such as the one we have now. I completely agree that tech raiding is aggressive regardless of whether or not a nation is in an alliance. Joining another alliance to get into a fight is not unheard of, there are often individual nations who do that because they feel strongly about the situation. The "Bravo Sierra" I was referring to specifically was:

1) Old Guard lives in a bubble. Not true. I personally stay up to date on all happenings that are announced here.

2) Old Guard attacked Gramlins aggressively. Not true. The LAST thing in the world I wanted to do this month or any other month was attack Gramlins, both because I like Gramlins and because it's going to hurt a hell of a lot. Old Guard was obligated to do this due to a MDP we signed long ago with IRON. It is considered a defensive action.

3) Attacking someone who did nothing to you without any particular obligation to do so is a defensive action. Not true. It's an aggressive action. IRON's attack on C&G was an aggressive action, GRE's attack on IRON was an aggressive action, Zenith's attack on GRE was an aggressive action, Fark's attack on Zenith was an aggressive action, your attack on us was an aggressive action. Is there just cause for those actions? As I stated earlier, "Our friends need us and we're going to fight for them" is one of the best reasons to fight in my opinion. I do not hold that against any of you.

When OG was a very young alliance, we declared aggressive war against FAN. FAN had done nothing to us, but we felt we were fighting for what we believed in. We fought alongside Gramlins and Ronin. We ended up paying reparations to FAN for our actions, but I wouldn't have done things any other way. I admit I was angry when you attacked without a DoW, but now that it's up here, I'm fine with things. It was a very well-written DoW, it even complemented us - which I thank you for. Fighting for friends when you are certain to take heavy damage, whether offensively or defensively, is one of the most honorable things one can do. And it is even more impressive when there is no particular obligation to do so. Gramlins has a fine friend and can rightly be proud to share the battlefield with you.

[quote name='Arciel' date='07 February 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1265550890' post='2166764']
Filipino Heroes eh? I didn't know that my fellow Filipinos have established an alliance.

Happy warring then, gents and ladies.
[/quote]
Funnily enough i remember telling you about them a while back Arcy :D

[quote name='EEjack' date='06 February 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1265520270' post='2166069']
Perhaps - but how is anyone to know that? Nothing on the OWF, nothing on your forums. You know it because you know it, the rest of the world doesn't because you don't tell anyone anything. Everyone who knew about these guys who is not grämlins raise your hands?

You have to appreciate our viewpoint - we get hit with what appears to be bandwagoners using your good name and can find nothing anywhere about them. We ask your folks on irc and at first they are all coy - our mogawi division, our little se asian connection etc. Our questions answered with jokes.

SynthFG said they were with you a long while after the first declarations.

Personally I could care less - they are willing and enthusiastic but really not prepared for this. You do them a disservice, you truly do.

EEjack
[/quote]

EEJack, the nature of our recent direction change has facilitated this reality; both to our friends and our opponants (which may coincide at time, unfortunately).

We apologize that you, and others, may be unaware of the extent of our friendships with FH or others.
I know that you are not afraid or whining, simply stating your point.

Nonetheless, we affirm the right of any alliance to fight for their friends regardless of public tradition or facades of diplomacy.
Likewise, people have satiated themselves with the idea that we entered this conflict pursuant to our treaty with MHA. We will do what we think is appropriate; leave the interpretation to the philosophers.
On the other hand, if you would like to discuss the ramifications of this with me I will be available via PM or IRC.

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='08 February 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1265565856' post='2167009']
Funnily enough i remember telling you about them a while back Arcy :D
[/quote]

Really? Hm, my memory's going wonky again. -_-

[quote name='Working_Class_Ruler' date='07 February 2010 - 04:16 AM' timestamp='1265516186' post='2165967']
Please, you went to the Grämlin's HQ to search for contributions by FH members as some kind of "proof" to your irrelevant point. That's some dedicated whining. Don't try to pass it off as [b]"oh I'm having fun"[/b], and dismiss my post as something it was not. I'm telling you, the "you have no treaty" argument does not, nor will it ever, work.
[/quote]

Oh I think she's having fun

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2mwxro9.png[/img]

Less yaking more nuking

:smug:

Wow, you guys should let yourselves be known more often, I should go visit your forums and get to know my fellow countrymen better.

Katapangan ang dalhin sa bawat laban!! or something like that :blush:

[quote name='Imploding Diarrhea' date='08 February 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1265637582' post='2168681']
Wow, you guys should let yourselves be known more often, I should go visit your forums and get to know my fellow countrymen better.

Katapangan ang dalhin sa bawat laban!! or something like that :blush:
[/quote]

FILIPINOS.... THEY KICK $@!.... ( im not kidding )

Well, i just cant understand why OG keep complaining about the war that FH involved At. if FH doesn't hurt OG butts pretty hard, then whats the BS is all about, we are small but remember, every pinch of FH hurts like hell. so far we didn't fight a war that we couldn't win, win or being defeated, it doesn't matter, we can still stand up and raise our heads up high, because we fought a battle side by side with our friends. and for that we are proud. and thats the spirit of our alliance.

Happy Valentines.

[quote name='frickazoid' date='11 February 2010 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1265866545' post='2174062']
we can still stand up and raise our heads up high, because we fought a battle side by side with our friends. and for that we are proud. and thats the spirit of our alliance.[/quote]
Damn straight, i am sure Gre appreciate FH's efforts regardless...

Ingat ka FH ;)

We the filipino Heroes take our friends seriously, we will fight for them rain or shine, we will stand for them no matter what, We will be there through good times and bad times, we will fight for them till the end. now who will say we were "JUST" friends? HUH?

[quote name='SynthFG' date='11 February 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1265885097' post='2174468']
Trust me we do,
[/quote]
I thought that would be the case :D

[quote name='frickazoid' date='11 February 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1265885207' post='2174470']
We the filipino Heroes take our friends seriously, we will fight for them rain or shine, we will stand for them no matter what, We will be there through good times and bad times, we will fight for them till the end.
[/quote]
You make me proud to be a Filipino..

[color="#FF0000"][b]*Cata salutes[/b][/color]

[quote name='frickazoid' date='11 February 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1265866545' post='2174062']
Well, i just cant understand why OG keep complaining about the war that FH involved At. if FH doesn't hurt OG butts pretty hard, then whats the BS is all about, we are small but remember, every pinch of FH hurts like hell. so far we didn't fight a war that we couldn't win, win or being defeated, it doesn't matter, we can still stand up and raise our heads up high, because we fought a battle side by side with our friends. and for that we are proud. and thats the spirit of our alliance.

Happy Valentines.
[/quote]

We are Old Guard were not complaining so much about your involvement but more about the way you became involved. We do understand that fighting for friends is a most worthy cause and respect both your commitment and determination. Once we realized that you were just inexperienced at both the ways of public discourse and the etiquette and mechanisms of war our complaints subsided.

Thanks for joining in the fray, your friends at Grämlins have good friends indeed.

[quote name='EEjack' date='11 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1265894569' post='2174620']
We are Old Guard were not complaining so much about your involvement but more about the way you became involved. We do understand that fighting for friends is a most worthy cause and respect both your commitment and determination. Once we realized that [b]you were just inexperienced at both the ways of public discourse and the etiquette and mechanisms of war[/b] our complaints subsided.

Thanks for joining in the fray, your friends at Grämlins have good friends indeed.
[/quote]

I don't think either of those gets any better with age. OG has been around pretty long after all.

[quote name='EEjack' date='11 February 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1265894569' post='2174620']
Once we realized that you were just inexperienced at both the ways of public discourse and the etiquette and mechanisms of war our complaints subsided.

[/quote]

Inexperienced? Etiquette? Mechanisms? your missing something, what about good manners and right conduct?LOL! we have that. well, thats your own opinion. fray? i dont care if you hunt for us till the end. that only proves that we hurt you alot and we made big damages in your alliance. yeah they had good friends indeed. same with us, we have them. im sorry EEJACK, but please stop acting like an old lady. this game is for adults. you better play farmtown in facebook, it will help you remove all the tensions that FH gives you. PEACE!

[quote name='frickazoid' date='12 February 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1265905340' post='2174859']
Inexperienced? Etiquette? Mechanisms? your missing something, what about good manners and right conduct?LOL! we have that. well, thats your own opinion. fray? i dont care if you hunt for us till the end. that only proves that we hurt you alot and we made big damages in your alliance. yeah they had good friends indeed. same with us, we have them. im sorry EEJACK, but please stop acting like an old lady. this game is for adults. you better play farmtown in facebook, it will help you remove all the tensions that FH gives you. PEACE!
[/quote]