Nueva Vida Declaration of War

Nelchael

[quote name='Thrash' date='06 February 2010 - 05:25 AM' timestamp='1265433912' post='2163081']
Honestly, I respect(ed) NV, they've always been upstanding. Because of that, I was 100% expecting them to hit us last night, not the dozen or so others who did.

Then they piggybacked on this, and while I'm not whining, or maybe I am (read it as you want), I'd just like to say I lost a lot of feelings for someone who I thought was one of the most respectable alliances out here. Times change.
[/quote]

Ummm... baaaawwwwww. o/NV The best friends NoR could have hoped for.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrash' date='05 February 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1265433912' post='2163081']
Honestly, I respect(ed) NV, they've always been upstanding. Because of that, I was 100% expecting them to hit us last night, not the dozen or so others who did.

Then they piggybacked on this, and while I'm not whining, or maybe I am (read it as you want), I'd just like to say I lost a lot of feelings for someone who I thought was one of the most respectable alliances out here. Times change.
[/quote]
We didn't piggyback on anything. I told NoR when and where I'd declare on you before I knew how many alliances would be declaring on Invicta.

We're a little upset stickmen have hogged so many slots, but we'll never feel guilty about defending our allies.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='06 February 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1265434539' post='2163135']
So you afirm that the actions of those who attacked Valhalla aren't legit?

Thanks.
[/quote]

If anyone declared on you without a treaty obligation? That's some crap there.

[quote name='pezstar' date='06 February 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1265434597' post='2163139']
If anyone declared on you without a treaty obligation? That's some crap there.
[/quote]

That would be Poison Clan, who activated oAs with Dark Templars and Nor, which brought in Invicta (and others) on Valhalla's Defense.

[quote name='Kn1nJa' date='06 February 2010 - 09:26 AM' timestamp='1265434005' post='2163084']
Well excuse me for assuming that 14 alliances could find just one little nation to attack me. Takes a lot of strategy to plan a 14 on 1 dogpile.
[/quote]

the 14 alliances were able to find not just 1 little nation to attack you, but 2! :smug:

but seriously in all honesty, we do not mobilize nearly fast to be able to "piggyback" on this war... by the time stickmen et al. had declared, we were already gearing up; they just beat us to the punch. oh well.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='06 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1265434732' post='2163159']
That would be Poison Clan, who activated oAs with Dark Templars and Nor, which brought in Invicta (and others) on Valhalla's Defense.
[/quote]

Oh, so they did have a treaty. It's not an obligation, but at least it's technically legit. (Don't get me wrong, I really don't care much for PC most of the time, but at least it's a treaty of some kind.) I take issue with the whole "We're declaring just because we feel like it!" thing.

[quote name='pezstar' date='06 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1265434902' post='2163184']
Oh, so they did have a treaty. It's not an obligation, but at least it's technically legit. (Don't get me wrong, I really don't care much for PC most of the time, but at least it's a treaty of some kind.) I take issue with the whole "We're declaring just because we feel like it!" thing.
[/quote]

no Pez, they didn't have a treaty.

edit: They = poison Clan.

Poison clan came in with out a treaty, and then activated optional Agression clauses to bring in allies against Valhalla in simultanious DoWs.

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='MaGneT' date='06 February 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1265434358' post='2163114']
It seems that NoR found 2 little nations to attack you. The fact is, you're guaranteed to take a few hundred infra damage per day, unless your adversaries are completely incompetent, which I doubt. You'll fall into the tiny nations soon enough, where your screams will be but an echo in the wind. It's quite simple, really. I have a spreadsheet of targets that need to be hit. You're not on there. Why? You have 5 wars. You aren't important enough to warrant a 3rd attacker.

[OOC]I'd like to apologize on the behalf of whatever douche was throwing around comments like that in an OOC setting[/OOC]

I can admire bravery like that.

I daresay they'd have a bit of trouble finding slots . . .
[/quote]

I am not trying to make myself look like a super badass or anything like that. I am simply having way too much fun with this war, and have never had a 6 on 1 war before. What would YOU do in my situation if you were the lone alliance being declared on by 14, and you couldn't even get 3 people to attack you?

Cut the excuses .... you guys just fail at war. The only alliance I respect so far in this is Nordreich. Not only were they able to mostly fill my slots, but they have proven that they know how to fight well (which makes it so much more fun).

All I ask is for one little attacker. Is that too much to ask?

[quote name='Nelchael' date='06 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1265434445' post='2163125']
We didn't piggyback on anything. I told NoR when and where I'd declare on you before I knew how many alliances would be declaring on Invicta.

We're a little upset stickmen have hogged so many slots, but we'll never feel guilty about defending our allies.
[/quote]

Props for defending your allies, never said you had no right to enter here. Just thought you would have been first and would've liked to go it alone, as you were more then capable to have done. Like I said, things change.

Again, I'm just basing this on my personal opinions of what I thought of NV. I hold you at no fault.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='06 February 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1265435028' post='2163204']
no Pez, they didn't have a treaty.

edit: They = poison Clan.

Poison clan came in with out a treaty, and then activated optional Agression clauses to bring in allies against Valhalla in simultanious DoWs.
[/quote]

Oh wow. That's pretty messed up. I guess I got so wrapped up in this mess of a war that I didn't notice. Thanks for the education.

I'd also like to go ahead and clarify that it's me, personally, who doesn't like the whole "No treaty" thing. Much of STA, and indeed, the rest of STA gov, doesn't take issue with it. I can see both the positives and negatives of it, and I've been coming around a bit recently, but meh. It's not for me. Also, you guys really do have your hands full. Sorry for goading you. Good luck.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='06 February 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1265435028' post='2163204']

[/quote]
Define treaty.
Because I'm quite sure that PC (or anyone, for that matter) will be going out of their way to meet your definition of a "legal treaty".
Go somewhere else to spew your nonsense.

Also, IIRC, DT came in to directly defend FAN as well. NoR came in via the NoR-DT MDP.
[quote name='Kn1nJa' date='06 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1265435283' post='2163252']
I am not trying to make myself look like a super badass or anything like that. I am simply having way too much fun with this war, and have never had a 6 on 1 war before. What would YOU do in my situation if you were the lone alliance being declared on by 14, and you couldn't even get 3 people to attack you?

Cut the excuses .... you guys just fail at war. The only alliance I respect so far in this is Nordreich. Not only were they able to mostly fill my slots, but they have proven that they know how to fight well (which makes it so much more fun).

All I ask is for one little attacker. Is that too much to ask?
[/quote]
What would I do? I'd consider myself lucky to be taking less damage, and try to endure the wars for as long as possible so as to increase to duration that I can dish out damage. That, my friend, is called an intelligent approach to winning a losing battle.

And there are no excuses. If we failed, it'd be pretty damned easy to spot. But the fact is, 14 alliances declared on every alliance in Valhalla's sphere of influence, not necessarily to make sure that every nation is immediately blanketed in declarations, but rather to give ourselves more options to deal with any potential threats that may arise. I am quite amused that you'd claim that we fail at war, though. Believe me when I say that the people running our show are quite a few steps ahead of those running yours, and a good mile or two ahead of you.

And if you'd like one more attacker, I'm sure there will be plenty of ravenous ~15k NS nations waiting to eat you alive in the next few days.

Edited by MaGneT

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' date='06 February 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1265435020' post='2163203']
*insert NO U*

How rude, first of all. How are you hizzy. Nice night?
[/quote]

could be nicer but what can ya do. how'd DT kickin it? you guys ready to roll some commies once all this wraps up? those jerks tried to sell me on the idea that 50 tech in reps is worth a lot cause the receiving nation had like 3k tech, and thus buying 50 would have cost "a lot more than 1.5 mil". if that's not a good CB i don't what is.

[quote name='MaGneT' date='06 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1265436290' post='2163412']
What would I do? I'd consider myself lucky to be taking less damage, and try to endure the wars for as long as possible so as to increase to duration that I can dish out damage. That, my friend, is called an intelligent approach to winning a losing battle.

And there are no excuses. If we failed, it'd be pretty damned easy to spot. But the fact is, 14 alliances declared on every alliance in Valhalla's sphere of influence, not necessarily to make sure that every nation is immediately blanketed in declarations, but rather to give ourselves more options to deal with any potential threats that may arise. I am quite amused that you'd claim that we fail at war, though. Believe me when I say that the people running our show are quite a few steps ahead of those running yours, and a good mile or two ahead of you.

And if you'd like one more attacker, I'm sure there will be plenty of ravenous ~15k NS nations waiting to eat you alive in the next few days.
[/quote]

You are taking less damage because you are among the 14 alliances hitting 1. Durr.

Honestly ... I'm done here. This is like trying to explain X-Ray physics to a wall (which I HAVE done BTW...).

P.S. I mean no disrespect to NV. I realize that you guys wanted to go in earlier, and that the bandwagon full of 8 year olds couldn't wait to dogpile on us. It was unfair of me to lash out at you like I did, so I apologize. Good luck to you NV on the battlefield.

[quote name='Kn1nJa' date='05 February 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1265436798' post='2163477']
P.S. I mean no disrespect to NV. I realize that you guys wanted to go in earlier, and that the bandwagon full of 8 year olds couldn't wait to dogpile on us. It was unfair of me to lash out at you like I did, so I apologize. Good luck to you NV on the battlefield.
[/quote]
Thanks, but I don't mean to say their help isn't welcome. Even if we could fill all of your war slots on our own I'd want FOK fighting the same target as us just for the lulz factor... not to mention commies defending NoR. This is epic! :awesome:

Can you believe we were all fighting each other this time last week?