Official Announcement from Citadel

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sad day. Citadel was a project to build the perfect bloc, a group of close friends who also had the power to protect themselves from being destroyed by the hegemony of the day, and the intelligence to make the right political choices. The close association with Continuum diluted the ideal, but it achieved closer to perfection than other blocs, and for a few months after Karma it appeared that it might finally achieve its true potential.

The CTC showed that Citadel was willing to do things against the grain and provide an alternative route to success for independently minded nations, even if it had stagnated rather towards the end of its life.

We never did get to fight together; outside influences (TOP to NPO and IRON, OG to NPO, FCC to NpO, Grämlins and Umbrella to MK and Fark) got in the way, and ultimately brought the bloc down. In the end those influences tore Citadel apart, and we could never go the extra step and make Citadel the primary focus in times of crisis.

I am proud of my part in making Citadel what it was and saddened to see it go. Hopefully one day we will see that type of bloc again.

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/b/bc/Citadel.png[/img][/center]

[quote name='Methrage' date='05 February 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1265372794' post='2161354']
Anyone still have that Citadel flag with the bunnies? Noticed the link is dead in the announcement it was used in. :gag:
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z231/ROMMEL_HSQ/CN/flag.png[/IMG]
We should used it as the official one. -_-

[quote name='mythicknight' date='05 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1265350631' post='2160890']
Just according to keikaku.
[/quote]
Translator's note: Keikaku means plan :awesome:

Finally. I liked Cit when it first came about but I cannot say the same for its last days. Best of luck to FFC, and Umbrella. Also, once again, Gramlins sets the standard for leaving a bloc.

Edited by Earogema

I predict 10,10,10 will come and go as did many other unheralded Citadel initiatives.

Sad to see this bloc go.

Citadel was an unscathed and unchallenged MDP bloc from its inception to it's dissolution. In this respect at least, it was a success.

It's been interesting to have been a part of Citadel at the start and to have been a player in its politics for about a year, and then to follow it from the outside (with some information on the perspective of those on the inside). I think the seeds of Citadel's end were sown even as early as the beginning. I thought you might have made it after the continuous actions of some nearly broke the FCC (and still broke it almost in two).

As much as I'd like to celebrate this treaty's demise, I would be hurting people I don't wish to. That's sort of the tragedy of Citadel for me; there were a lot of good people and we had some good times, but some people (and one alliance in particular) made it untenable.

The Citadel was a beacon of excellence for over two years. The fact that it has gradually dwindled and diminished does not detract from either its glorious statistical achievements or the fear it inspired.

[quote name='Shardoon' date='05 February 2010 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1265382243' post='2161489']
I predict 10,10,10 will come and go as did many other unheralded Citadel initiatives.
[/quote]

You'd have to admit, though, it'd be pretty epic if Citadel resurrected itself on 10.10.10 to fulfill the final communal dream of its signatories.