Ragnarok Announcement

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1265152886' post='2154042']
Because Polar should just have taken a slur upon their Emperor right. It would be interesting to know what \m/ allies did if anything to mediate that. A major reprimand? Not really since you kept your treaty with \m/ even after they threw out slurs at one of your allies. So here again we get to where choices are being made. Polar chose to stand by their ally NSO and you are choosing to stand with your slurring ally in \m/.
[/quote]
It's not like \m/ publicly apologized for that or anything.

And once again I will say that if NpO gave a rat's $@! about NSO getting peace in a timely fashion, they would [b]not[/b] have attacked us before attempting diplomacy. Last night they acted to escalate the war, not bring it to a close.

Edited by NoFish

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' date='02 February 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1265151568' post='2153997']
I can think of another time it [i]almost[/i] happened, though.
[/quote]

I can think of another time when it did happen. It was Polar. Imagine that.

Yes, we all saw this coming although the fact that you decided to serve it before the war wraps up does make me wonder.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='02 February 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1265138544' post='2153640']
We sure did give it one hell of a try. Ragnarok and Polaris, started off on a very, very, very bad ground with each other, when Ragnarok was formed.

From that inauspicious beginning to being friends to being allied to them by way of an MDoAP, was something that spoke volumes for the good that is Polaris that very few were willing to believe in, but which Ragnarok saw and knew first hand due to the many government and member level friendships between the two. Ties that last even today. As i said earlier, this is a sad day.

Don't be a stranger Polaris.
[/quote]

I see now that as soon as this goes through you are back in RoK.

[quote name='KaitlinK' date='02 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1265143662' post='2153792']
While Polar's (Grub's) recent actions have made this necessary, I echo SpiderJ and Jericoholic's sentiments.

I have to say Polar has some pretty damn fine members. I wish you well in the future.
[/quote]

Quite a different tone today.

[quote name='Penkala' date='02 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1265148298' post='2153917']
If you ever re-sign this do me a favor and put a clause into it about attacking each others' treaty partners, Hoo.

In fact, I'd recommend everyone do that with Polaris to be honest. >_>
[/quote]

Oh just what we need, treaties that hand over more Sovereign Rights of an alliance to other alliances. Are you and the others that might agree with you really that big of control freaks or just misguided?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='02 February 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1265153987' post='2154089']
So you wouldn't mind NpO doing what it wants with its military and smashing \m/ into a smoking crater would you?
[/quote]

Actually, not at all. I was quite happy to see it happen; \m/, like past mistakes, said "What are you going to do about it?" and Polaris responded to them.

I apologize that we could not work this out and further more apologize that we have put you in this kind of position, I do share your dream that we will continue to at least be friends even if we are not allies.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='03 February 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1265153560' post='2154067']
It's funny, because NSO went around threatening alliances with a one-on-one war and the such.
[/quote]

One on one challenges were offered, not threatened, I recall they even took one up with an alliance having superior stats, its another story how that fizzled out. :smug:

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 February 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1265154071' post='2154096']
Actually, not at all. I was quite happy to see it happen; \m/, like past mistakes, said "What are you going to do about it?" and Polaris responded to them.
[/quote]

Good, I'm glad to hear it.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='02 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1265153900' post='2154085']
I'll spell it out for you.

NSO: You admit they were idiots for what they were doing.
GOONS: You hold a treaty with them. They were involved with that whole tech raiding spiel, but nothing happened to them (a stern looking perhaps?).
Past Treaties: NpO has been treatied to [b]many[/i] alliances that have done deplorable things, but what alliance hasn't?

You actively called out Hoo because RoK didn't parent \m/, yet NpO never parented NSO et al. Interesting how an argument can be two-sided... who would have thunk it.
[/quote]

And I'll spell it out for you.

NSO: Called them out on their !@#$. Don't really like em.
GOONS: Called them out on their !@#$. They're alright, like em a bit more than NSO.
Past Treaties: The $%&@ cares about past treaties? They're in the past for a reason.

The rest of your post still makes no sense.

[edit:] I will say to you what I say to everyone. If you have a problem with the way my alliance handles things, please direct your criticism (in this case, the GOONS/NSO treaties) to the leaders of NpO. I am not in charge of anything, so I can't do anything about what you're crying about.

If you would like an example of what to do, please see what I said directly to Hoo, the leader of ragnarok.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='shahenshah' date='02 February 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1265154135' post='2154101']
One on one challenges were offered, not threatened, I recall they even took one up with an alliance having superior stats, its another story how that fizzled out. :smug:
[/quote]

Grand standing and acting like your e-peen is bigger and threatening war is rather belligerent.

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='02 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1265154052' post='2154094']
Yes, we all saw this coming although the fact that you decided to serve it before the war wraps up does make me wonder.

Quite a different tone today.

[b]Oh just what we need, treaties that hand over more Sovereign Rights of an alliance to other alliances. Are you and the others that might agree with you really that big of control freaks or just misguided?[/b]
[/quote]

Umm, what was it again that Grub wanted from \m/ that brought this war upon us?

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1265154155' post='2154103']
And I'll spell it out for you.

NSO: Called them out on their !@#$. Don't really like em.
GOONS: Called them out on their !@#$. They're alright, like em a bit more than NSO.
Past Treaties: The $%&@ cares about past treaties? They're in the past for a reason.
[/quote]

Then the point is moot.

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='02 February 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1265154052' post='2154094']
[/quote]
Alfred came to \m/ to fight. He left before this was canceled. \m/ is done fighting. Polar attacked an SF member- a treaty partner of Rok's before Polar ever was. Alfred just before his departure was second in command of Rok.

Come on.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='02 February 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1265153592' post='2154069']
We don't have a treaty with FOK, but yes, I agree that their escalation was avoidable.

Polar were made aware that we would not be coming to their defense for their unprovoked attack on our ally.
[/quote]

Unprovoked? Seriously? That is how you see slurs on one of your allies? So I'm guessing that so called reprimand and letting them know your displeasure was more like... "oh you silly guys, don't do it again or I'll make a meaner frown next time."

RAD/IS/Belair/\m/ have been all about stirring up trouble. The reason you like keeping them around is to be able to use their reckless behavior to get into wars if things get too boring? I dunno why else you would keep them around, just sayin :smug:

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='02 February 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1265154228' post='2154106']
Umm, what was it again that Grub wanted from \m/ that brought this war upon us?
[/quote]

I think that has already been stated. What does that have to do with the treaty web being further corrupted with the suggested idea that I commented upon?

[quote name='Earogema' date='02 February 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1265154409' post='2154111']
Alfred came to \m/ to fight. He left before this was canceled. \m/ is done fighting. Polar attacked an SF member- a treaty partner of Rok's before Polar ever was. Alfred just before his departure was second in command of Rok.

Come on.
[/quote]

It was a simple statement without any assumption being made. Alfred went to \m/ to fight Polar and in that comment I spoke of he said all kind of nice words that really do not speak to the fact that he as a Gov member left to fight Polar and now that RoK is free of Polar has returned. I simply question why the nice words.

For the record my friend, he didn't leave to "fight polar"

He joined \m/ to fight alongside those of us who have given more than a little to defend RoK whenever they called us.

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='02 February 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1265154764' post='2154132']
It was a simple statement without any assumption being made. Alfred went to \m/ to fight Polar and in that comment I spoke of he said all kind of nice words that really do not speak to the fact that he as a Gov member left to fight Polar and now that RoK is free of Polar has returned. I simply question why the nice words.
[/quote]
As I understood, it wasn't to fight against Polar, but to defend his friends.

You'd have to ask Alfred though.

[quote name='Caustic' date='02 February 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1265154925' post='2154137']
For the record my friend, he didn't leave to "fight polar"

He joined \m/ to fight alongside those of us who have given more than a little to defend RoK whenever they called us.
[/quote]

[quote name='Earogema' date='02 February 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1265154959' post='2154139']
As I understood, it wasn't to fight against Polar, but to defend his friends.

You'd have to ask Alfred though.
[/quote]

I know Alfred is a stand up guy as I have had conversation with him before. I find the explanation given believable. I was just curious about the timing.

[quote name='HeinousOne' date='02 February 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1265154764' post='2154132']
... Alfred went to \m/ to fight Polar and in that comment I spoke of he said all kind of nice words that really do not speak to [b]the fact that he as a Gov member left to fight Polar[/b] ...[/quote]
You are wrong. Alfred von Tirpitz resigned from Ragnarok government on January 16th. Emperor Grub made his declaration on \m/ on January 21st.

I'm glad Alfred's back in RoK. :wub:

Sorry for the mess, RoK.

Shame it had to pan out like this, I know you guys were tight with Polar.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='02 February 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1265155803' post='2154160']
I wonder if Polar gets the memo that !@#$@#$ with allies bloc partners isn't okay now? :smug:
[/quote]

Honestly, boss?

I doubt it.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1265154701' post='2154128']
Unprovoked? Seriously? That is how you see slurs on one of your allies? So I'm guessing that so called reprimand and letting them know your displeasure was more like... "oh you silly guys, don't do it again or I'll make a meaner frown next time."[/quote]

Yes, unprovoked. And yes, seriously. As I said before, I have been called all kinds of names and had OOC comments directed at me ... it's not a reason to go to war. Again, that wasn't even the CB so what exactly is your point again?

And I understand you know nothing of the \m/ - RoK relationship, but I can tell you that we are a lot more candid with eachother than a "shame on you guys!" ... lol

[quote]RAD/IS/Belair/\m/ have been all about stirring up trouble. The reason you like keeping them around is to be able to use their reckless behavior to get into wars if things get too boring? I dunno why else you would keep them around, just sayin :smug:[/quote]

We "keep them around" because they are our friends. The entire world can hate them, they will still be our allies. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand. Allies of RoK are not determined by how popular they are with the general public.