Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='02 February 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1265137259' post='2153585']
I can't really blame Ragnarok for making this decision. In fact, this might be the first thing Hoo has done I've ever agreed with.
[/quote]
I've always been a harsh critic of Hoo, not in any mean spirited way but the way he was playing the game and my personal views generally clashed. This treaty is a sad casualty of the Bi-Polar War and I can't blame him or his alliance for the decision.

As per our conversation last night, we understand we put you in a bad spot and wish you the best. Hope you guys don't come under fire for supporting us as long as you did. It's been a pleasure.

EDIT:
AJ, relax dude. RoK has no need to roll us GOD has plenty of friends to do so without them. You can't blame RoK for making this decision and there's really no reason to get all angry in this thread. Plenty of other things to worry about at the moment.

Edited by Willaim Kreiger

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1265137049' post='2153568']
I'll tell you what.. if RoK is true that they wish to remain friends, and they don't come in in 48 hours (or whenever) to attack NpO, or to attack NSO, then I'll apologize.

Until then, don't try to feed me !@#$ and tell me it's ice cream.
[/quote]

Better start on that apology then. As Lord of War of Ragnarok, I can assure you with 100% certainty that we will [b]not[/b] attack NpO or NSO in this war. If we do, I will hand in my resignation at once and join Polaris

[quote name='Penguin' date='02 February 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1265137289' post='2153588']
It's understandable and I can't say I wouldn't be feeling the same frustrations in your position. You know there is no ill will in this parting and quite a bit of good will at least on my part for putting up with this much. Take care, now!
[/quote]

I love you Penguin. Here's to a brighter future

[quote name='Zessa' date='02 February 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1265137474' post='2153597']
I'm sorry to see this happen, and I hope our alliances may be reunited someday.

I miss SpiderJ!
[/quote]

I miss you too Zessa

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='02 February 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1265137632' post='2153601']
Most regrettable thing to come from this war.
[/quote]

I agree

[quote name='elborrador' date='02 February 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1265137002' post='2153563']
expected.

its unfortunate an honorable alliance like RoK is supporting alliances like \m/ and GOD, but best of luck out there RoK.
[/quote]

Or, ya know, the fact that ROK has treaties with \m/ and GOD, and the fact that Polaris put them into a precarious situation...

Seriously, the most regrettable thing out of all of this, from my perspective, was ROK signing that treaty with \m/. That is just my own insight and I have nothing against \m/, but I love ROK too much to see crap like [i]that[/i] happen.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Locke' date='02 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1265137469' post='2153596']
This is good. This was not meant to be, and I'd be very disappointed if one of you didn't make this move. It had to be done, and not doing it would only put you in the same spot later on.
[/quote]

It isnt good. It was an actual friendship and it meant something to both of us. Although it had to be done, its still something we're going to miss.

[quote name='Zessa' date='02 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1265137474' post='2153597']
I'm sorry to see this happen, and I hope our alliances may be reunited someday.

I miss SpiderJ!
[/quote]

You arent missing much ;)

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='02 February 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1265137632' post='2153601']
Most regrettable thing to come from this war.
[/quote]

Word.

[quote name='Locke' date='02 February 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1265137469' post='2153596']
This is good. This was not meant to be, and I'd be very disappointed if one of you didn't make this move. It had to be done, and not doing it would only put you in the same spot later on.
[/quote]

I agree.

As much as they might have liked each other, RoK and NpO being who they are and them being allied to who they are, this treaty just doesn't seem like it could've lasted.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
Not really surprising. SF and C&G have made their choice and that's to stick with each other, and if another ally comes into conflict with that it's clear which way the dice will fall. Polar tested that this week and we've all seen the results.
[/quote]
You're trying too hard.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
Not really surprising. SF and C&G have made their choice and that's to stick with each other, and if another ally comes into conflict with that it's clear which way the dice will fall. Polar tested that this week and we've all seen the results.
[/quote]

It can be explained even more simply. GOD is a Superfriend. RoK is a Superfriend. NpO attacked GOD. RoK had to choose not only between CnG and NpO, but between the Superfriends and NpO. CnG, and indeed the entire war besides NpO v. GOD can be removed from this equation. That, to me, is why this is not surprising.

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='02 February 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1265136500' post='2153531']
you don't wish to remain friends. Stop lying.
[/quote]
Common sense would tell you that they had a great desire to remain friends considering it took two attacks on direct allies before this treaty was cancelled and it would also tell you that they feel it might be a relationship worth rebuilding once this mess is cleaned up

I know this must have been hard RoK but your hand was forced.

Edited by KingSrqt

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying. This whole mess has finally been explained. I have to hand it to you, you're knowledge on this subject is beyond those that are involved, and hopefully it will generate alot of support beyond your theory. you certainly have my backing.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1265137888' post='2153618']
[/quote]

The only thing Polar tested is how many direct allies of a treaty partner they can attack before said treaty partner decides to cancel. There were plenty of alliances who were in conflict of SF and C&G who were tied to one or the other (or both) who will still be tied closely to SF/C&G.

Edited by Kindom of Goon