How to Spot a Polar Lie

Schattenmann

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed. Respect remains from both sides, maybe lessened but the relationship can grow back.

Until the day this treaty is canceled, I will consider this relationship to be strong. D:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='02 February 2010 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1265097352' post='2152806']
Well said! Same old Polaris!

Oh-ho, Quickdraw! I have already quoted you :P
[/quote]
You did destroy me.

now I have to elaborate you :scum:

While I believe relations have been hurt recently, I don't think the opinions reflected in that thread have much changed. There is lost love, but nothing that cannot be repaired if both sides are willing.

The "expose" stile of writing only works if you have something to expose. I'm sure that, given how persistently you've been dogging polaris over the past few days that this seems like a natural evolution of everything you've said before, but you're not really doing anything more than pointing out that they have a treaty, and were happy about signing it. That's hardly something new, given that there's an entire thread of people complaining about it in Polar's announcement already.

You should have taken your time and dug further back, and taken the time to add some commentary. No offence, but from a third party perspective this just looks like an anger-driven reaction of the first thing that came to your mind. There doesn't really seem to be a point to pass on other than "I don't like these guys". I mean, seriously - they signed a treaty and are doing some things that run contrary to their partner's interests? It's far from something unprecedented for alliances on planet bob. If you want people to believe the connection you are trying to draw, you need to exercise some persuasion, not point out a state of affairs.

Edited by Letum

This seems like an attempt to start trolling and finger pointing from both sides of this war. However, I don't see a good reason for this. This war has been quite civil considering the events of what happened. Sure, anger had happened among several members in IRON who thought we were betrayed, however, cooler heads prevailed and we were able to sort things out among us.

I'm also sure that C&G was confused and angry all the same that we had preemptively struck at them. Regardless of the situations, both sides have been civil for the most part and finger pointing is at a bare minimum.

In other words: Just let the grown ups have their fun, and mind your own business unless you wanna get involved personally.

So wait, because Polar have started a war against raiders who were never allied to MK, and because they have re-entered the war to help those who joined their side and got left out to dry by declaring war on an alliance that is not allied to MK, they were somehow lying when they said they were happy to sign an MDP with MK?

I'm sorry, I just don't see how that's logical.

[quote name='Tobistus' date='02 February 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1265116809' post='2153049']
This seems like an attempt to start trolling and finger pointing from both sides of this war. However, I don't see a good reason for this. This war has been quite civil considering the events of what happened. Sure, anger had happened among several members in IRON who thought we were betrayed, however, cooler heads prevailed and we were able to sort things out among us.

I'm also sure that C&G was confused and angry all the same that we had preemptively struck at them. [b]Regardless of the situations, both sides have been civil for the most part and finger pointing is at a bare minimum.[/b]

In other words: Just let the grown ups have their fun, and mind your own business unless you wanna get involved personally.
[/quote]
Well, I suppose it has been better than it was a month ago...

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 February 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1265116940' post='2153052']
So wait, because Polar have started a war against raiders who were never allied to MK, and because they have re-entered the war to help those who joined their side and got left out to dry by declaring war on an alliance that is not allied to MK, they were somehow lying when they said they were happy to sign an MDP with MK?

I'm sorry, I just don't see how that's logical.
[/quote]

I'm wondering when they'll uphold their MDP and defend MK personally. If they don't then that treaty was a lie.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='02 February 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1265097287' post='2152804']
Nothing has changed. Respect remains from both sides, maybe lessened but the relationship can grow back.

Until the day this treaty is canceled, I will consider this relationship to be strong. D:
[/quote]

The only thing I can spot here is a terribly bad journalist: Schattenmann

I agree that things can change though... he used to be clever, funny and even interesting.

[quote name='bzelger' date='02 February 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1265126603' post='2153238']
Only if military aid was requested. It's possible that it was, but the only article that has been broken for certain to the best of my knowledge is Article II. :mellow:
[/quote]

Good point, I'm not sure if MK has asked for help. I hope they do, just to see if Grub is willing to uphold that treaty.

ITT:
Schattenman falling on his face

I'm still happy to have a treaty with MK, but after the barrage of negative comments from the original DoW and in various embassies etc, my smile became more of a thin upturn of the corners of my lips. Thankfully I am not Gov so my distaste for what was said will bear no factor on the future relations between our alliances.

*Point
Bob J seems to be the only one who truly understands our latest move and it is absolute blissful ignorance that keeps others from realizing that is what's going on with our reentry to the battlefield.

[quote name='zoskia' date='02 February 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1265127259' post='2153257']
The only thing I can spot here is a terribly bad journalist: Schattenmann

I agree that things can change though... he used to be clever, funny and even interesting.
[/quote]

Until he said something you didn't agree with :rolleyes: