The Sons of Mímir are at play

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' date='02 February 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1265087197' post='2152192']
So can we please, just for once, stop the asinine bickering and just enjoy the fireworks, if only for a minute?[/quote]

Ehh Went, I knew you were a wise man ! Enjoy it !

[quote name='Bad JuJu' date='02 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1265088667' post='2152235']
This is going to be great. :v:

Lets get it on![/quote]

Ohh hell yeah ! :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bad JuJu' date='02 February 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1265088667' post='2152235']
Valhalla, while I have in the past not shown you a great deal of respect (10v1 dogpile <_< ) I can honestly say I respect your declaration and it took some measure of guts to do it. It's in no way a sure thing for you and most people nowadays walk away from all but sure things.

This match up is actually much closer than it appears at first glance.

FAN has 199 Nations to Valhallas 83 (Advantage FAN) but...
FAN Avg Nation size is 22,700 to Valhallas 31,980 (Advantage Valhalla) but...
FAN has 2348 Nukes to Valhallas 901 (Advantage FAN :ehm::nuke: ) and...
FAN has 7499 Aircraft to Valhallas 3772 (Advantage FAN) but...
FAN has 878 Ships to Valhallas 1166 (Advantage Valhalla) and...
FAN is already engaged in 45 wars with IRON (Advantage Valhalla)

This is going to be great. :v:

Lets get it on!
[/quote]
It will be interesting to see how it turns out and what those stats will be at the end of this. Looks like it will be a good fight.

o/ Valhalla!
Get some Berserker fury goin' on!

Sometimes my mind doesn't work...he heh...

Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!

My luck's been rotten and I am feeling like !@#$
I'll feel much better when I find someone to hit
Ready for contact I need someone to attack
Lock on a target, now I know who I'll jack

Berserk! Don't you want to dance with me?
Berserk! Won't you come to dance with me?
Berserk! Don't you want to dance with me?
Berserk! Won't you come and dance with me?

Who says that pain has to hurt?

Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!

I'm sick of talking, I've got nothing to say
I'm mad as hell which means I'm ready to play
Got in my way, yeah you must be a fool
Knocked out your teeth but it's nothing personal

Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!
Berserk!

Berserk! Now everybody wants to dance!
Berserk! Don't you want to come and dance?
Berserk! Now everybody loves to dance!
Berserk! Don't you want to come and dance?

-Suicidal Tendencies

Edited by PrideAssassin

Yes, as you add the advantages and disadvantages up on paper it appears that this war will be close. But really, all those stats mean squat. We know whom we are dealing with here. FAN will not roll over. They have proven they may be defeated, but they will not be beaten. Those who know us, know that we possess the same resolve. Two stubborn $@! foes meet on the battlefield does anyone actually win? Well, if you think like we do in that the guy whom eats the most nukes and racks up the most casualties wins.. Then we will all win for sure. What we desire is an opponent whom is honorable and worthy. We have without a doubt found that. Many of us have always respected the skills of FAN, and we will never underestimate their will.

o/ to war!

-Tron(definite fun)ix

Edited by TRON IX

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='02 February 2010 - 04:21 AM' timestamp='1265084494' post='2152091']
Uhh...point is they were obligated to defend against a lot of people, and lord knows IRON sure needs the help, but they didn't. Instead , they choose the one who they thought would serve the least chance of getting them attacked in return when the opportunity presented itself.
[/quote]

They are only obligated to defend where we ask them to defend. They didn't "choose" we asked.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='02 February 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1265085260' post='2152134']
Oh please, there is absolutely no strategy in letting your allies hemorrhage millions of NS while their attackers sit there un-responded to.

(also AUT has been running around for days talking about how hard it is to get anyone to enter, so yea, "strategy" card is probably not gonna work out for you guys this time)

[/quote]

You need to improve your sources. As for the strategy thing your right we just like radiation and have thus been hogging it to ourselves. We finally had to give in to Valhalla and let them fight, those vikings are a lively bunch.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='02 February 2010 - 05:16 AM' timestamp='1265087804' post='2152210']
While personally, I can't think of one strategy that would take this much time to put in place, particularly in light of the massive beat down IRON is getting, but you are right there are other explanations aside from cowardice. I can agree to disagree for now on that point I guess, and only time will tell I suppose.
[/quote]

Yes indeed patience is an esteemed virtue.

[quote name='TRON IX' date='02 February 2010 - 05:57 AM' timestamp='1265111849' post='2152979']
Yes, as you add the advantages and disadvantages up on paper it appears that this war will be close. But really, all those stats mean squat. We know whom we are dealing with here. FAN will not roll over. They have proven they may be defeated, but they will not be beaten. Those who know us, know that we possess the same resolve. Two stubborn $@! foes meet on the battlefield does anyone actually win? Well, if you think like we do in that the guy whom eats the most nukes and racks up the most casualties wins.. Then we will all win for sure. What we desire is an opponent whom is honorable and worthy. We have without a doubt found that. Many of us have always respected the skills of FAN, and we will never underestimate their will.

o/ to war!

-Tron(definite fun)ix
[/quote]

That's the kind of attitude I like to square off against. No BS posturing or insults, just mutual respect for a talented foe and the determination on both sides to win. Let's have fun guys. O>

[quote name='Manxia' date='02 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1265099670' post='2152844']
Ahh, fighting some old friends again. Time to polish my nukes and dust off my tanks...

I wish a good fight to Valhalla <O
[/quote]

Heya Manxia!!!

Long time no see! Im glad to see you are still lurking around these parts :)

Thanks for coming to play Val.

After this is over, I'll line the crater that was my capitol, fill it with water, and have a big-$@! pool party. Bring your own beer and women.

Also, my favourite @#%$ed up drinking song:
[quote]Hail Thor, Lord of Thunder,
master of the winds of the western world!
Hail Thor, hammer-wielder,
lord of lightning, lord of storms!

Bring the wind that bears the waters,
Master of the winds of the western world.
Call the cloud and all it utters,
Lord of lightning, lord of storms.

(Chorus)

Fetch the flock of cloud-sheep grazing
Lift the lash of lightning blazing

(Chorus)

In your arms the waters gather
Whip the waves to rage and lather

(Chorus)

Draw the drops of the sky together
Master of the winds of the western world
Break the back of burning weather

(Chorus)

Join our joy of feast and singing
Set the sky with laughter ringing

(Chorus)[/quote]

[quote name='hammer' date='02 February 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1265133853' post='2153453']
Thanks for coming to play Val.

After this is over, I'll line the crater that was my capitol, fill it with water, and have a big-$@! pool party. Bring your own beer and women.

Also, my favourite @#%$ed up drinking song:
[/quote]
did some one say wimminz and beer IM IN. Ill bring barrells upon barrells to quench our radioactive thirst.

Question do you mind if the beer glows in the dark a little?

[quote name='WCaesarD' date='02 February 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1265134784' post='2153478']
I've only been in the war for a day and I'm already having more fun than in the last month. Best of luck, Valhalla, it's a good thing you got Stumpy to sign off on this one, I woulda been disappointed if the king said no.
[/quote]
I would never have denied my most holy of Paladins such an honor.

[quote name='WCaesarD' date='02 February 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1265134784' post='2153478']
I've only been in the war for a day and I'm already having more fun than in the last month.
[/quote]

I can agree wit this statement, who says mead and gunz dont mix?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Met_Flasche_und_Glas.jpg[/img][img]http://www.novaksblog.com/pictures/7_10_07%20stumble%20on%20sunday%205th%20part/old%20round%20gun.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='02 February 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1265138267' post='2153631']
I would never have denied my most holy of Paladins such an honor.
[/quote]
o/ TO our benevolent King he has granted us this great gift of casualties. King stumpy is truly a genourous monarch.

[quote name='chefjoe' date='02 February 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1265120818' post='2153128']
Heya Manxia!!!

Long time no see! Im glad to see you are still lurking around these parts :)
[/quote]

Hey Cheffy! Yep, I'll always be around. I can't believe I've only posted on here a few dozen times in 2+ years, lol.

Never thought we'd be at war with each other again! Haha.

Goodluck, friend.