The Sons of Mímir are at play

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='01 February 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1265085260' post='2152134']
(also AUT has been running around for days talking about how hard it is to get anyone to enter, so yea, "strategy" card is probably not gonna work out for you guys this time)
[/quote]
AUT is running the war? No
AUT is allied to Valhalla? No

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Noob Cake' date='01 February 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1265085171' post='2152131']
I don't know how Valhalla leadership decided on FAN;

There is a whole host of AA who declared war on IRON. See [url="http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tpa3XaSQJlipckC9N3fJL2Q&type=view&gid=1&f=true&colid0=2&filterstr0=Independent%20Republic%20of%20Orange%20Nations%20(IRON)&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250"]Here[/url]
[/quote]
I just want to fight whoever gives me the most casualties, and from what I've heard about FAN, they should do just fine.

o7 FAN, I'll see you on the battlefield

o/ IRON
o/ Valhalla
o/ CASUALTIES

Edited by James Saams

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='02 February 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1265085260' post='2152134']
(also AUT has been running around for days talking about how hard it is to get anyone to enter, so yea, "strategy" card is probably not gonna work out for you guys this time)
[/quote]

And you take notice of him?

Seriously?

Ok, I am laughing now, thank you.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='01 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1265085604' post='2152145']
Well gee, I guess we could release all our discussions at the next meeting of the [size="4"][b]foreign[/b][/size] target picking oversight committee.
[/quote]

Are you saying that you have a domestic target picking oversight committee? Cause that sounds like it actually might be kinda cool to be honest.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='01 February 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1265083633' post='2152052']
If your gonna be a coward, be a coward and don't pretend your not. The vast majority of IRON's allies, including Val, have sat there for days not lifting a finger. Now they ride on FAN, who has no treaties, because they think it will help them save a little face and still get out of any real escalation. Pretty pathetic in my book.
[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='01 February 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1265084040' post='2152072']
Who said anything about making decisions? Clearly I did not.

My point simply was its pathetic that them and many other have sat there for days and done nothing while IRON has been under attack, and it's even more pathetic that they now hit the alliance who has no treaties citing the D in their MDoAP.
[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='01 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1265084494' post='2152091']
Uhh...point is they were obligated to defend against a lot of people, and lord knows IRON sure needs the help, but they didn't. Instead , they choose the one who they thought would serve the least chance of getting them attacked in return when the opportunity presented itself.
[/quote]

Impero, I know you are intelligent. Let's please take off the rose colored glasses and put aside any partisan feelings here. There are many, many reasons why not too many of IRON's or anyone else'e allies have declared. This could be strategy (they may or may not work), it could be because they are attempting to get out of nuclear anarchy first, or it could be because they are cowards. We can sit here and speculate all we want, and you can choose to believe that we are all cowards and wear the smug face behind your screen, but honestly all it is is speculation. Hell I couldn't even tell you much more if I wanted to, I am not government. How many times did your side bum rush during the time of Pax Continuum without a plan and then surrender, heads held down with humiliating surrender terms? Quite a few if I remember correctly. That is not meant as an insult, just as a reminder that sometimes you jump in all willy nilly, and sometimes it may be prudent to think of a strategy first.

So can we please, just for once, stop the asinine bickering and just enjoy the fireworks, if only for a minute?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='01 February 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1265084850' post='2152114']

Where was the DoW on Fark, Sparta, etc?
[/quote]

Also, my DoW on Sparta is coming soon :P j/k

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' date='02 February 2010 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1265087197' post='2152192']
Impero, I know you are intelligent. Let's please take off the rose colored glasses and put aside any partisan feelings here. There are many, many reasons why not too many of IRON's or anyone else'e allies have declared. This could be strategy (they may or may not work), it could be because they are attempting to get out of nuclear anarchy first, or it could be because they are cowards. We can sit here and speculate all we want, and you can choose to believe that we are all cowards and wear the smug face behind your screen, but honestly all it is is speculation. Hell I couldn't even tell you much more if I wanted to, I am not government. How many times did your side bum rush during the time of Pax Continuum without a plan and then surrender, heads held down with humiliating surrender terms? Quite a few if I remember correctly. That is not meant as an insult, just as a reminder that sometimes you jump in all willy nilly, and sometimes it may be prudent to think of a strategy first.

So can we please, just for once, stop the asinine bickering and just enjoy the fireworks, if only for a minute?

Also, my DoW on Sparta is coming soon :P j/k
[/quote]

While personally, I can't think of one strategy that would take this much time to put in place, particularly in light of the massive beat down IRON is getting, but you are right there are other explanations aside from cowardice. I can agree to disagree for now on that point I guess, and only time will tell I suppose.

Valhalla, while I have in the past not shown you a great deal of respect (10v1 dogpile <_< ) I can honestly say I respect your declaration and it took some measure of guts to do it. It's in no way a sure thing for you and most people nowadays walk away from all but sure things.

This match up is actually much closer than it appears at first glance.

FAN has 199 Nations to Valhallas 83 (Advantage FAN) but...
FAN Avg Nation size is 22,700 to Valhallas 31,980 (Advantage Valhalla) but...
FAN has 2348 Nukes to Valhallas 901 (Advantage FAN :ehm::nuke: ) and...
FAN has 7499 Aircraft to Valhallas 3772 (Advantage FAN) but...
FAN has 878 Ships to Valhallas 1166 (Advantage Valhalla) and...
FAN is already engaged in 45 wars with IRON (Advantage Valhalla)

This is going to be great. :v:

Lets get it on!

Edited by Bad JuJu

[quote name='Bad JuJu' date='02 February 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1265088667' post='2152235']
Valhalla, while I have in the past not shown you a great deal of respect (10v1 dogpile <_< ) I can honestly say I respect your declaration and it took some measure of guts to do it. It's in no way a sure thing for you and most people nowadays walk away from all but sure things.

Lets get it on!
[/quote]
FAN and Valhalla also have approx. the same number of SDI's (36 vs. 41)... however as you noted we currently have 83 nations. That means half our alliance, most of our nations within nuke range, are going to be bouncing a lot of your nukes off. Doesn't diminish the big picture, but it's one more factor to consider since you have more than twice as many nukes.

Edited by Graphix

[quote name='Bad JuJu' date='02 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1265088667' post='2152235']

Lets get it on!
[/quote]

Gotta love your attitude :). It will be close war, one that I am looking forward to fight.

Thanks FAN for being such great sports about it