New Alliance Search Bug/Problem

rishnokof

When i try to look at my alliances various new searches (foreign aid, exposed spy operations, wars) it comes up with this message ->

You have received an error trying to view a page. Here is the detailed error code: You must enter no more than 40 characters in the search field.
i think this may be because my alliance name has 40 something letters in it -> International Security and Commerce Organisation. could you please fix this, the new features are great, if only i could use it...

Unfortunatley your alliance name will have to be changed. The character limit for alliances on the nation edit page did not coincide with the character limit on the search pages and that has now been fixed. You'll want to change your alliance name anyways since organization is mis-spelled, unless that was intentional of course.

Unfortunatley your alliance name will have to be changed. The character limit for alliances on the nation edit page did not coincide with the character limit on the search pages and that has now been fixed. You'll want to change your alliance name anyways since organization is mis-spelled, unless that was intentional of course.

I would say its more an attempt to use European grammar instead of American grammar.

Having the same problem. So my alliance has been around 5 months, but now we need to change the name? lol, nice. The logistical problems this will cause is unbelievable.

Stuff happens. Would it help to consider it a test of your alliance's logistics systems?

The true fix, and the least obtrusive one, would have been to extend the search string length limit. It is not as though the value is stored anywhere to populate a table, so one need not worry about overpopulating a database with very long values.

The fix you have put in place has broken an otherwise normally operating feature, and should be reversed in favor of a fix that does not.

The true fix, and the least obtrusive one, would have been to extend the search string length limit. It is not as though the value is stored anywhere to populate a table, so one need not worry about overpopulating a database with very long values.

The fix you have put in place has broken an otherwise normally operating feature, and should be reversed in favor of a fix that does not.

I've extended the limit to 50 characters. There needs to be a limit for a number of reasons, but 50 characters will do ok.