TOP Warchests of the war

steodonn

[quote name='Berith' date='01 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1265084652' post='2152101']
No member below the rank of [i]Advanced Member[/i] may post in this thread.
[/quote]

Good thing I got that rank recently

Edited by jstep

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='02 February 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1265090711' post='2152422']
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/Longbowe/CN/Warchest.png[/img]

Aww ya... beat that! :awesome:
[/quote]

wow... you win the game. the rest of us can stop playing now.

[quote name='Tolkien' date='02 February 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1265097621' post='2152815']
/me gags

I think we have a winner.
[/quote]

Yes we do, lol. That's an awesome warchest you have there.

I have just over 1 billion left. The 6 nations I'm fighting have pretty much reduced to just CM/daily nuking. Probably smart though, considering their warchests are weak. I think the best one was 392 million. Also if infra gets much cheaper I'm just gonna start rebuying what they destroy. :P

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Style #386' date='01 February 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1265009033' post='2150099']
I've somehow been 10/10 in "Gather Information" spy ops.

One of my TOP foes has 3.5b, one has around 2.2b, one has a shade over 1b, and one has 300m or so. All had more than 100k NS at the beginning of the conflict. I don't know what Sam's warchest is like, yet.

Mine is around 450m, for now. :(
[/quote]
You little trickster youuuuuuuuu. ;)

Edited by Urmom(U)

[quote name='Drai' date='01 February 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1265061747' post='2151163']
A lot of them. And who's to say they haven't come from alliances that hadn't experienced a beatdown before their departure?
[/quote]
Sup, fought for \m/ until dissolution during UJW. :P

[quote name='Drai' date='02 February 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1265058121' post='2151009']
Uhh, it's easy to get 1 million casualties when you have 14k infra. Try getting 1 million casualties (or whatever it was that put you at #230) when you've never had more than 8k infra (I had 1.2-1.5 mil by the end of UJW). TOP has never had to really recover from a war like most other alliances have.
[/quote]
UjW vet and former Paradoxian here. I think I got a bit less than half of my casualties in GOONS prior to joining TOP and the clear majority of the rest while I was there.

It's prolly true that TOP hasn't really been on the wrong end of beatdown tho', until now.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='03 February 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1265183770' post='2156052']
UjW vet and former Paradoxian here. I think I got a bit less than half of my casualties in GOONS prior to joining TOP and the clear majority of the rest while I was there.

It's prolly true that TOP hasn't really been on the wrong end of beatdown tho', until now.
[/quote]
This ain't a beatdown nor it is the wrong side Umar :).

[quote name='Locke' date='30 January 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1264916282' post='2146786']
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2iviusx.png[/img]
Yeah, I'm ready. :smug:
[/quote]

O_o Something's odd there.

Even with 14 people/infra it would take over 40k infra in order to have that population. Also, that population income seems a bit high.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='02 February 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1265183770' post='2156052']

[/quote]

You must have forgot about me, and many others then. ;)

Hell, beatdowns seem to follow me, or I follow them :)...but really, I am sad to see you in an alliance that is begging to beat us/our side down. As I really felt you loved this community while here; I was sad when you left.

Not to mention, those opposing us are taking quite a beating themselves, wrong side of war is subjective...some stand for values IC.

Edited by Chalaskan

My warchest was weak: only 150m at 4999.99 infra. I've been reduced to turtling :( That's what I get for being a young nation with a MP-SDI-full spies though. Oh well, I've been turtling and have only spend like 30m. Even a 1b warchest will allow someone to through out like 75-100 nukes at 1k infra. I've already personally launched 19.

This game is really broke...any alliance that puts essentially any work in their nations can keep going for months nuking 15k nations with impunity. I really don't like the MP wonder anymore.

Edited by Kaiser

[quote name='KingEd' date='31 January 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1264981654' post='2148629']
On a serious note, does anyone know what LM's war-chest is ? Being that he is the largest nation in the game or was...I'd be interested to know how much he has saved up over the years.

But for the ones I saw here... 6bill, 7.8bill, you guys are insane! Go buy some dam Infra or Land or Tech, do something! lol. :lol1:
[/quote]
It's not hard to save up a war chest if you're too scared to go to war.

That's a pretty ridiculous accusation to level at an alliance which just went to war in an aggressive manner.

In truth, there's nothing to spend money on beyond 14,000 infra that's really worth it. Some of these large nations have been buying infra or land in order to keep pushing their NS and ranking up, but it's uneconomic to buy infra after a certain point (it depends on your wonders and resources, but somewhere between 13 and 17 thousand), and land has a very long return on investment. Large nations accumulate warchest because we spend $18m every third aid cycle to import tech, and collect $20m net a day.

The aftermath of several post-MP wars is that the lower ranks are now swarming with nuclear nations. Soon, every war will be nuclear right down to 10k, and all the strategy of conventional warfare will be lost. I'm not really keen on the MP either.

[quote name='lcdt94' date='04 February 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1265335004' post='2160013']
Are you actually implying that TOP entered this war knowing full well that they would be outgunned? That's a pretty ridiculous accusation in itself.
[/quote]
Where did you extract that inference from?

[quote name='Saber' date='03 February 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1265187333' post='2156114']
This ain't a beatdown nor it is the wrong side Umar :).
[/quote]
The comparison between the sheer volume of NS amassed against your side seems to belie the fact that its not a beat-down, but I take your point. By the 'wrong end of a beat-down', I meant the weaker side, nothing more.

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='03 February 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1265190884' post='2156170']
You must have forgot about me, and many others then. ;)

Hell, beatdowns seem to follow me, or I follow them :)...but really, I am sad to see you in an alliance that is begging to beat us/our side down. As I really felt you loved this community while here; I was sad when you left.

Not to mention, those opposing us are taking quite a beating themselves, wrong side of war is subjective...some stand for values IC.
[/quote]
I think perhaps my statement wasn't clear enough. I said that TOP as an alliance hasn't been on the wrong end of a beat-down until now i.e. on the side getting beaten down, nothing to do with morals etc. Sorry for the confusion :(

Edit: Also just to clarify a few points, I gave my reasons for leaving to the GA and they still hold true, I consider myself a friend to TOP and I'm definitely not begging to see you guys beaten down. I'd rather see this settled with white peace for all, to be honest.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='02 February 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1265090711' post='2152422']
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/Longbowe/CN/Warchest.png[/img]

Aww ya... beat that! :awesome:
[/quote]

This picture is shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from having seen quite a few shoops in my life.

Anyway, here's my warchest. I've been holding off on rebuilding because I want to do some tech raiding again, haven't been able to do that in a while.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/6e3nlj.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='04 February 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1265341052' post='2160179']
The comparison between the sheer volume of NS amassed against your side seems to belie the fact that its not a beat-down, but I take your point. By the 'wrong end of a beat-down', I meant the weaker side, nothing more. [/quote]

NS totals don't tell the full tale in this case; the NS spread is more favorable to TOP than the total would indicate at first glance.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='05 February 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1265341052' post='2160179']
The comparison between the sheer volume of NS amassed against your side seems to belie the fact that its not a beat-down, but I take your point. By the 'wrong end of a beat-down', I meant the weaker side, nothing more.

I think perhaps my statement wasn't clear enough. I said that TOP as an alliance hasn't been on the wrong end of a beat-down until now i.e. on the side getting beaten down, nothing to do with morals etc. Sorry for the confusion :(

Edit: Also just to clarify a few points, I gave my reasons for leaving to the GA and they still hold true, I consider myself a friend to TOP and I'm definitely not begging to see you guys beaten down. I'd rather see this settled with white peace for all, to be honest.
[/quote]

I dunno, for a beatdown I quite like yesterday's list of summed up losses for the two sides ;)