TOP Warchests of the war

steodonn

[quote name='uaciaut' date='01 February 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1265013986' post='2150170']
The only time you actually went ahead with it was when you had everything in check and you where 100% it will be an easy win on your side.
[/quote]
And this time is no different. :smug:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='01 February 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1265033439' post='2150377']
Wait, [i]what[/i]?

Also, my nation bio appears to be accurate :smug:
[/quote]

Oh god. Are you gonna start arguing about how TOP could've lost the NpO war after everyone cancelled on them when they were hitting with a coalition? Or how Karma could've lost the war when they had it already won from the start and TOP joined a few weeks in? Or how GPA errr... Yeah.

As for wc's - well i did buy 2k infra a week or so before this went down, so i wasn't really that prepared :<

[quote name='Ponken' date='01 February 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1265033870' post='2150387']
And this time is no different. :smug:
[/quote]

I'll be saving this for later. :smug:

Edited by uaciaut

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='01 February 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1265034099' post='2150390']
It may have passed you by that TOP has gone ahead with entering a war more recently than Karma.
[/quote]
Karma doesn't exist anymore. It isn't an alliance or a bloc, it was a wartime coalition that ceased to exist after the Karma War.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='01 February 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1265036735' post='2150482']
Edited my post to make it more unambiguous what I meant.
[/quote]
Maybe I'm missing a war here but all I've seen from TOP since Karma is:
a) TPF War which I don't believe they actually fought in (though LM masterminded the 6 day waiting strategy)
b) This war, which just started and isn't even close to fully playing out yet (or at least I hope it isn't)

[quote name='Diomede' date='01 February 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1265045991' post='2150691']
Not every incident turns into a war. :)
[/quote]
It wasn't an attack, I was just pointing out a flaw (which turned out to be an ambiguity) in his post.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what his argument was since he wasn't quoting anybody. Was it that TOP has lower warchests than they normally do because they've been in a war recently? If so, then I would love to be proven wrong on my previous post (TOP's number of wars since Karma).

[quote name='Venizelos' date='01 February 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1265008361' post='2150086']
hint: the vast majority of them havent been in any wars. not real wars at least.
[/quote]

I guess I was ranked 230th in casualties before the war because I've been hiding in peace mode this whole time. It's not so hard to save up a few billion if you run your nation efficiently at all.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='01 February 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1265057728' post='2150999']
I guess I was ranked 230th in casualties before the war because I've been hiding in peace mode this whole time. It's not so hard to save up a few billion if you run your nation efficiently at all.
[/quote]
Uhh, it's easy to get 1 million casualties when you have 14k infra. Try getting 1 million casualties (or whatever it was that put you at #230) when you've never had more than 8k infra (I had 1.2-1.5 mil by the end of UJW). TOP has never had to really recover from a war like most other alliances have.

With modest efforts, any nation in the top 100 ought to be able to put away $500M per month. There's not a whole lot of point to buying infra above 16K. Bank it all. Boring as hell, but the money is a better investment than the infra.

No top 100 nation should be under $2B, IMO.

I'm still ranked 307th in casualties after this war has been going for over a week and I have yet to participate. My nation has never been put through the meatgrinder. I got nuked out of 4k infra in Karma, but that wasn't even bad enough for me to bother rebuilding and only one of my opponents was really competent so my war chest was actually larger at the end than when I started. In noCB STA turtled [I]and[/I] kept our front non-nuclear so I didn't take damage there. UJW ended before my nation could even come out of peace mode for our second wave.

The last time I did any significant fighting in a war was Great War III in which I only did maybe a week of fighting and had less total infra than I lost in Karma. Gaining casualty ranks in the upper tier is a joke.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='01 February 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1265058756' post='2151037']
I'm still ranked 307th in casualties after this war has been going for over a week and I have yet to participate. My nation has never been put through the meatgrinder. I got nuked out of 4k infra in Karma, but that wasn't even bad enough for me to bother rebuilding and only one of my opponents was really competent so my war chest was actually larger at the end than when I started. In noCB STA turtled [I]and[/I] kept our front non-nuclear so I didn't take damage there. UJW ended before my nation could even come out of peace mode for our second wave.

The last time I did any significant fighting in a war was Great War III in which I only did maybe a week of fighting and had less total infra than I lost in Karma. Gaining casualty ranks in the upper tier is a joke.
[/quote]

That it is. I don't remember what I was during Karma, then I lost 6500 infra or so. I'm almost to the top 100 in casualties now after losing 5k infra so far. Nooks in our range do hurt and soldiers die quick.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79752"]Example[/url]

[quote name='Drai' date='01 February 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1265058121' post='2151009']
Uhh, it's easy to get 1 million casualties when you have 14k infra. Try getting 1 million casualties (or whatever it was that put you at #230) when you've never had more than 8k infra (I had 1.2-1.5 mil by the end of UJW). TOP has never had to really recover from a war like most other alliances have.
[/quote]

Everyone in TOP has always been in TOP and never had another alliance. Really...

[quote name='Meer Republic' date='01 February 2010 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1265060469' post='2151098']
Everyone in TOP has always been in TOP and never had another alliance. Really...
[/quote]
A lot of them. And who's to say they haven't come from alliances that hadn't experienced a beatdown before their departure?

[quote name='Drai' date='01 February 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1265058121' post='2151009']
[/quote]
I had around 2 million casualties with my old nation. That was acquired during Vox too. I started at around 6k infra and maybe 1k tech. I was ranked #128 if I recall correctly, and I remained at around #150 shortly after Karma.

EDIT: After the first month I was down to less than 1k infra and maybe 200 tech and I then fought on for 9 more months, so yeah.

Edited by Earogema

I don't like this thread. It smells of e-peen waving about.

TOP: How about we stop posting so much? We've never liked posting on the OWF anyhow, why start now? It'll help us maintain our TOP vs. World theme.

However I will respond to the "TOP has never been in a major war, know nothing wat wat", you're right. My nation went from a 1k NS nation receiving a beatdown from people with 100 tech to the 100k NS nation I've got today. Whether my vast store of pentup War Guide reading and resource hoarding is paying off is something you can ask CnG.
If you're going to wipe us off Plantet Bob, at least have the decency to give us more targets to nuke. ^_^