Sad DoW By OBR

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

Didn't we already have this discussion on another forum? In case you missed that post here is basically what I said.

TOP saw a chance where several of our allies were tied up and even committed to a different side of a war, and tried to use that to their advantage. It's laughable that they would make any decision, ever, to support NpO. I was a member of Citadel for a long time and know there is no love lost there. It's laughable that they support a cause to fight against \m/ who attacked an alliance (tech raided) with no CB, yet they attack an entire bloc in the same manner. It's laughable who they chose to attack to "support" Polar in their war efforts. Everything about TOP's decision makes me question if they use a magic 8-ball for all important decisions. This will go down as one of the worst blunders in the history of planet bob.

TOP thought they had a good relationship with NpO and agreed with the CB, so they helped them. Also some members of TOP were possibly bored since it had been a while since a war, they joined the side they agreed with. They supported NpO enough that they were willing to take on an entire bloc, very brave of them. TOP never came into this to destroy anyone though, I'm sure they would of been willing to white peace their opponents after a little fighting (just the kind of alliance they are, not the type to want reps).

Also signing military treaties with alliances at war is definitely not neutral and makes which side your on well known.

All our treaties contain very long periods of cancellation so we do not feel compelled to follow the common tradition of cancelling on a friend at the first sign of conflict or cancel during a war. We do not dictate or always agree with everything our friends or treaty partners do. Thus we support them when we feel they are right and respectfully disagree and do not support them if we disagree. I do hope your friends will show you always the same courtesy and respect going forward.

Honour and logic that unfortunately is lacking in far too much of the politics today.

Its good for someone like me who also follows a code of honor to see that there are still some honorable people around here. OBR, I admire you sense of honor and your courage. May you fullfill your obligations without too much destruction among your ranks.

TOP thought they had a good relationship with NpO and agreed with the CB, so they helped them. Also some members of TOP were possibly bored since it had been a while since a war, they joined the side they agreed with. They supported NpO enough that they were willing to take on an entire bloc, very brave of them. TOP never came into this to destroy anyone though, I'm sure they would of been willing to white peace their opponents after a little fighting (just the kind of alliance they are, not the type to want reps).

Holy balls. :facepalm:

So boredom is a just cause for war? There is another thread about boredom as a just cause for a coup. This seems to be an epidemic.

I said possibly bored, I know I was before the war started. TOP would never declare due to boredom alone. They never go to war without a CB. The only reason given to me by TOP for entering was support of NpO's CB.

Edited by Methrage

Understanding and by the good graces of the Black Rose, I Tito716 do hereby unconditionally surrender to the forces of The Order of the Black Rose. I shall immediately withdraw from the field of battle, neither to return nor to offer aid, of any kind, for the duration of the current conflict. I have negotiated with The Order of the Black Rose in good faith and will hold true to the specific conditions of my surrender.

[quote name='Tito716' date='30 January 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1264911591' post='2146530']
Understanding and by the good graces of the Black Rose, I Tito716 do hereby unconditionally surrender to the forces of The Order of the Black Rose. I shall immediately withdraw from the field of battle, neither to return nor to offer aid, of any kind, for the duration of the current conflict. I have negotiated with The Order of the Black Rose in good faith and will hold true to the specific conditions of my surrender.
[/quote]
This offer is open to all we are at war with. Individual terms available.

Edited by Winslow

Good Tito716, we accept your surrender and have negotiated in good faith along with the nations of the ODN and LOST that are also embattled with you. We thank you for your honor in the negotiations and commend you for your integrity.

To all nations thus currently engaged by the forces of The Order of the Black Rose, we are willing to negotiate terms for your individual surrender as well. Thank you.

Now that is how one makes a Declaration of War;
[quote name='Tito716' date='31 January 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1264911591' post='2146530']
[/quote]
Good stuff, I laughed.

[quote]This offer is open to all we are at war with.[/quote]
You should have said, go in peace. Would be such a great response.
This is good too, I cant recall anybody get a individual nation surrender in a DoW. I remember a DoW being discarded by the opposition :awesome: , but this is a first,...

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Haflinger' date='30 January 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1264911719' post='2146532']
Burn TORN until there's nothing left but tiny pieces. Then jump on the pieces.

(OK, I know OBR won't. A man can dream though.)
[/quote]
You've said that twice now. How about you do something about it, instead of being a spectator?