Ultimatum to Tahoe

iamthey

[quote name='Botha' date='01 February 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1265087267' post='2152194']
[color="#000080"][i]"Actually it was not so much 'in the name of defense' rather than 'how can we piss off Rebel Army after they curbstomped all our friends in Somalia?' or something like that"[/i] - Foreign Minister Hendrik Strijdom[/color]
[/quote]

The Rebel Army wiping out a bunch of Italian Colonialists? Surely a reason for a national holiday.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='01 February 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1265055773' post='2150943']
We are greatful for GP's continued support of diplomacy in the matter, truley patience is a virtue not possesed by many, fortunatly for the Pacific theatre, you posses it.

But my point remains sir/madam, you have Satelights/Spy planes that would detect any Tahoan attempts to militarise the Island or to annex it, so whynot leave it reamining under American control instead of estalishing Pacifican control over what would become a strategic airbase for the Pacifican Airforce.

At least if it is left Protectorate, and with... I dont know... a delegation of Pacifican officials to overwatch the Island on a perminant basis with Tahoes permission of course, and these delegates would then simply report in whenever on anything odd.

This way, Tahoe remains in control of Midway as a protectorate, and Pacifica can be set at ease and safe in the knowledge nothing funny is going on.
[/quote]

"Nah this idea is stupid. Let Tahoe just give the land to GP instead of having double-standards. We do believe that colonization is not a sin but double standards are."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='02 February 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1265127867' post='2153278']
I fail to see how it is a stupid idea?.
Vinilands former lands are preserved as requested, GP gets reassurance nothing funny is going on, and war is avoided.
[/quote]

"I believe this matter is no longer really about Midway but more a matter of principle."

Or a carefully organized plot to lead two parties into a war now that Viniland is out of the picture. Personally, over here in Sudan we are cheering for a huge bloodbath of what appears a slew of colonial powers. Yes, a high body count between Tahoe and Pacifica would suit us just fine.

Let Imperialist kill Imperialist for a change.

[quote name='Californian' date='03 February 2010 - 03:10 AM' timestamp='1265166617' post='2154407']
OOC: Tahoe is on vacation till the 9th.
[/quote]

OOC: Indeed, nothing can be done until the 9th, including some sort of diplomatic talk.

[quote name='Botha' date='02 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1265087267' post='2152194']
[color="#000080"][i]"Actually it was not so much 'in the name of defense' rather than 'how can we piss off Rebel Army after they curbstomped all our friends in Somalia?' or something like that"[/i] - Foreign Minister Hendrik Strijdom[/color]
[/quote]

Clearly you jest Sir Hendrik Strijdom. Rebel Army took no part in the removal of the Italian colony in Somalia; that was the doing of the former Carthage and the United Mechodamian States.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='03 February 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1265234645' post='2157201']
Clearly you jest Sir Hendrik Strijdom. Rebel Army took no part in the removal of the Italian colony in Somalia; that was the doing of the former Carthage and the United Mechodamian States.[/quote]

[color="#000080"]Actually we were referring to the fascist Italian regime of El Duce's in Somaila which they removed.[/color]

OOC: Honestly I just don't really care about this issue anymore. So i'm just going to offer to wrap it up.

IC:

*Private to Tahoe*

Given sufficient time to re-think the matter we offer the following. We request you allow us to send a small team to the island to survey it and inspect for any military complex. Assuming no complex exists and you pledge not to develop the island further we will retract our ultimatum and issue no further challenge of the island.

The Kingdom of Cochin congratulates Greater Pacifica on its magnanimous forbearance shown in this issue and Tahoe for coming to a cordial understanding with Greater Pacifica. The Royal Cochin Navy is now calling back its Battle Fleet that had been loitering near Antarctic Circle for support to Greater Pacifica back to the Kingdom.

*Public*

After thorough inspection of the island we are now satisfied that the island is not itself a military complex. Given tahoe's assurances that no further development will be done, and our own ability to assure these pledges (utilizing satellite surveillance) we have opted to cease to press the matter. Consider the ultimatum at this time retracted, and the tide of war now in recession.

Edited by iamthey