FEAR Declaration of War

Canik

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Pansy' date='29 January 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1264828430' post='2143734']
No winning with you people, if they don't declare they are cowards, if they run with their allies they get your bad e-lawyer rubbish, just enjoy more war, and have fun, I know Fear will
[/quote]

Well if they claim to be coming in defense, maybe they could actually be coming IN DEFENSE of something other than our returned attacks. But it's your call in the end. I wouldn't say anything if you used the oA clause but don't cite it as defensive then.

[quote name='Crowdog' date='31 January 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1264911461' post='2146522']
Well if they claim to be coming in defense, maybe they could actually be coming IN DEFENSE of something other than our returned attacks. But it's your call in the end. I wouldn't say anything if you used the oA clause but don't cite it as defensive then.
[/quote]

Read the post you just quoted, do you see them saying that?

[quote name='Canik' date='30 January 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1264910467' post='2146490']
AirMe, do you think we made a poor decision?
[/quote]

[quote name='AirMe' date='30 January 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1264910825' post='2146498']
You are supporting your allies. That is what allies do. But planning ahead, if you declared on the least liked member of a bloc, the other block members outside treaty partners might be less reluctant to help. Thus, making the objective of the war easier to obtain. By declaring war on the whole bloc you lose that advantage and take on 7 times the amount of potential combatants because you declared direct war on 7 alliances at once.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffo3_fO_RA8&feature=related"]IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK![/url]

Also, your math is terrible. I have 3 offensive slots, and 3 defensive slots. I could declare on SF too, it doesn't matter. We are fighting for peace, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Canik

[quote name='popsumpot' date='30 January 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1264911565' post='2146528']
Read the post you just quoted, do you see them saying that?
[/quote]

No because I feel he missed the mark listing the criticisms and that's why I explained the thoughts better for him.

[quote name='Canik' date='30 January 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1264911627' post='2146531']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffo3_fO_RA8&feature=related"]IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK![/url]

Also, your math is terrible. I have 3 offensive slots, and 3 defensive slots. I could declare on SF too, it doesn't matter. We are fighting for peace, if that makes any sense.
[/quote]

Oh, you really burned me there. By asking me a question and then after I answer posting a video telling me it doesn't matter. Wow, totally burned me there.

Proved to me that attempting to engage you in an intelligent conversation is a futile task. Tata. Have fun.

EDIT: If you don't understand alliance warfare tactics you have no business being the leader of an alliance.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='AirMe' date='31 January 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1264912531' post='2146568']
Oh, you really burned me there. By asking me a question and then after I answer posting a video telling me it doesn't matter. Wow, totally burned me there.

Proved to me that attempting to engage you in an intelligent conversation is a futile task. Tata. Have fun.

EDIT: If you don't understand alliance warfare tactics you have no business being the leader of an alliance.
[/quote]

I think it was a joke.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would imagine because declaring on the bloc enables them to support their allies where ever it's needed. FEAR isn't in this war to single out a C&G alliance and try to do as much damage as possible.

[quote name='AirMe' date='30 January 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1264912531' post='2146568']

[/quote]

None of that matters, and it's all what you think.

Honestly, AirMe, I don't think it is that complicated. Call it a show of solidarity, a declaration of support, the [color="#333333"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#333333"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]blasé[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color] attitude of someone prepared to be blown the hell up, or whatever else you like, there are occasions when saying "#$%& it" and charging into the fray can accomplish what cold logic can not. Moreover, what part of the fact that the vast majority of our nations declared on the maximum number of offensive targets tells you that we are entering this trying to minimize the damage taken? I would think that we have made it fairly obvious that we are simply trying to do as much damage as possible, spread out as it may be, while we have the warchests to do it.

edit: forgot the accent over [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]blasé[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by schmutte693

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='31 January 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1264867173' post='2144769']
I hope the rest of CDT follows.
[/quote]

You know, so do I. For different reasons though, I bet. :rolleyes: In fact, I hope more have the same courage as FEAR and come.

Best of luck FEAR.

o/

Edited by President S O

[quote name='AirMe' date='31 January 2010 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1264910825' post='2146498']
You are supporting your allies. That is what allies do. But planning ahead, if you declared on the least liked member of a bloc, the other block members outside treaty partners might be less reluctant to help. Thus, making the objective of the war easier to obtain. By declaring war on the whole bloc you lose that advantage and take on 7 times the amount of potential combatants because you declared direct war on 7 alliances at once.
[/quote]

As Pops said that with declaring on 7 alliance and others do it too we can be more effective if we are organized, because everyone can have suitable targets. We triggered MDP-s with half of Planet Bob? In one way or another everyone could attack us with using mutual and optional aggressive clauses (hi GOD!), but we won't stand alone in our fight.

FEAR has only 3 mil NS, it doesn't make difference that who is our declaration target anyway and come on declaring on a whole bloc sounds fun. You cannot do it on every day :D

Also sorry UPN for ODN. But still i bet that they don't mind a war with us :)