Announcement from The Sweet Oblivion

SleepiB

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Moniker' date='31 January 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1264920790' post='2146982']
Dear TSO: Being in peace mode is making it much harder for me to steal your tech, burn your infra and raze your land. Please, oh please, will you consider coming out?
[/quote]

Our WRC nations plus a few others are out of peace mode and ready to fight: What are you waiting for? Easy targets?

Edited by SunnyInc

[quote name='Moniker' date='31 January 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1264921414' post='2147007']
Your efforts to mock would be alot more successful if every nation within range wasn't in anarchy or peace mode.
[/quote]

Your efforts to appear tough would be a lot more successful if you didn't hopelessly outnumber your opposition.

[quote name='James Wilson' date='31 January 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1264914233' post='2146675']
Now, you've really got me stumped there because I'm pretty sure that I wasn't in that channel for one thing and the other thing being that we supported one of our MDoAP partners due to a sudden change in circumstances. Now, you can cry and !@#$%* all you want, but we were honorable. Now, unless your going to say that honoring our treaty obligations mean's we are dishonorable, [b]I suggest you shut up[/b].
[/quote]

I ask you not take such a tone when talking to my friend like that in the future.

[quote name='SleepiB' date='31 January 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1264924928' post='2147135']
A note to CnG,

you may want to upgrade your SDIs:
[img] http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/proc_/CnGSDIFail.png[/img]

that's right 3 nukes 3 hits
[/quote]

Thats actually pretty funny. I don't know if I've seen success like that before. I won't talk trash, I expect a solid fight from TSO and your top nations are beasts. I look forward to a healthy green glow.

[quote name='popsumpot' date='31 January 2010 - 02:00 AM' timestamp='1264924842' post='2147133']
Your efforts to appear tough would be a lot more successful if you didn't hopelessly outnumber your opposition.
[/quote]
I wouldn't call the situation hopeless. We are outnumbered, but our ratio of damage done to damage taken is significant.

[quote name='SleepiB' date='31 January 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1264924928' post='2147135']
A note to CnG,

you may want to upgrade your SDIs:

that's right 3 nukes 3 hits
[/quote]

Fear the almighty TSO war machine, for it sometimes gets lucky on the RNG.

Is that about right?

[quote name='kerschbs' date='31 January 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1264925252' post='2147145']
Thats actually pretty funny. I don't know if I've seen success like that before. I won't talk trash, I expect a solid fight from TSO and your top nations are beasts. I look forward to a healthy green glow.
[/quote]
Welcome to the war. and it happens every 125 wars or so.

Edited by SleepiB

[quote name='Aurion' date='31 January 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1264925295' post='2147148']
for it sometimes gets lucky on the RNG.
[/quote]
Must be karma for my duel w/ spiderjerusalem.

edit: At the moment I've destroyed about 15k NS and gained about 2k NS

Not including military kills or purchases.

Edited by SleepiB

[quote name='The AUT' date='31 January 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1264924957' post='2147138']
I ask you not take such a tone when talking to my friend like that in the future.
[/quote]
I'll take that tone with anyone who questions the honor of my alliance whether their friends like it or not.

[quote name='Denial' date='31 January 2010 - 03:38 AM' timestamp='1264909121' post='2146435']
A treaty that was accompanied with an explicit statement that it would not change our involvement or non-involvement status in the NpO-\m/ conflict - a fact that I have explained to you multiple times now. And the only "clear indication" of which side we were on would have been declarations of war from Vanguard and our C&G allies. No such delcarations occurred; we were entirely uninvolved.
[/quote]
It didn't change your involvement, no ... because you were [i]already committed to the raiding side[/i]. At least MK has been taking important roles in the coalition planning. 'Entirely uninvolved' is a [b]lie[/b] (either that or you're just [i]that[/i] uninformed, but considering your position I find that unlikely).

You were not at war. That is a fact, and one which makes TOP, IRON and now TSO's entrance in the way they did a mistake. But you won't become 'completely uninvolved' just by saying it enough times and hoping that people believe you.

[quote name='Moniker' date='31 January 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1264921414' post='2147007']
Your efforts to mock would be alot more successful if every nation within range wasn't in anarchy or peace mode.
[/quote]
Considering they were already at nuclear war with so many alliances before you declared, that makes sense. Nukes give instant anarchy so that doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='31 January 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1264957555' post='2147785']
It didn't change your involvement, no ... because you were [i]already committed to the raiding side[/i]. At least MK has been taking important roles in the coalition planning. 'Entirely uninvolved' is a [b]lie[/b] (either that or you're just [i]that[/i] uninformed, but considering your position I find that unlikely).

You were not at war. That is a fact, and one which makes TOP, IRON and now TSO's entrance in the way they did a mistake. But you won't become 'completely uninvolved' just by saying it enough times and hoping that people believe you.
[/quote]

Regardless of our activities prior to being declared on, all evidence that has been presented is based on inference and not fact. Unless we had actually started declaring war or openly declared our intentions to attack a party in this war, all you are doing is inferring an outcome that may or may not have ever happened. Because of the course of events, you'll never know and that [b]is[/b] a problem.

[quote name='SleepiB' date='31 January 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1264925268' post='2147147']
I wouldn't call the situation hopeless. We are outnumbered, but our ratio of damage done to damage taken is significant.
[/quote]

Dealing out more damage than you take is standard when you're outnumbered in a nuclear war. You send out more nukes than you receive. The enemy advantage in Ground attacks and airstrikes takes a backseat to that.

[quote name='Moniker' date='30 January 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1264921414' post='2147007']
[/quote]
The only nation you attacked was already in anarchy due to inactivy, he's here now so perhaps you will earn the right to chest thump, until then you do look kind of silly.