Imperial Decree from the Sith

NSO was just granted white peace, why are you declaring war again?

Can you point to the topic where white peace was declared? I seem to have missed it, as did Ivan who has stated FARK denied him peace.

So that they don't get dragged in by our stupidity :v:

But you have no problem getting dragged into theirs... :psyduck:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On an unrelated note. I like your sig.

Oh and to stay on topic, we're going to hold 'em by the nose, and kick 'em in the pants

[OOC] Yes, I changed generals. Sue me [/OOC]

Mort Kunstler is quite the artist if I may say so. Earth produces quality artists!

I will be contacting the Corporation's legal department immediately, good sir. The outrage!

Can you point to the topic where white peace was declared? I seem to have missed it, as did Ivan who has stated FARK denied him peace.

Nope. None at all, we sign treaties, and we know full well what we're getting into when we do so. It's a commitment, even if it's not reflected in the text of the treaty itself, we felt it would be a gross violation of why that treaty was signed in the first place if we didn't help out our ally in their darkest hour.

That's what treaties are for, after all, and I think you can understand that.

IRON's actions were in support of the conflicts ourselves and our allies were in. They may not have been the best strategy, and coupled with the sudden and unexpected evaporation of the initial reason for the war (and thus any need for escalation) it became unnecessary, but no one knew that at the time, and their intentions were sound.

Nope. None at all, we sign treaties, and we know full well what we're getting into when we do so. It's a commitment, even if it's not reflected in the text of the treaty itself, we felt it would be a gross violation of why that treaty was signed in the first place if we didn't help out our ally in their darkest hour.

That's what treaties are for, after all, and I think you can understand that.

I would expect both parties equally understanding of each other, and writing in non-chaining clauses to protect them from you while treating it as a chaining treaty for yourself seems foreign to me.

I mean seriously, I can sympathize with you guys for having trouble reaching peace, but this was not the way to remedy that situation. Now that you've willingly thrust yourself further into a war in which you no longer have a real obligation, I imagine it will be harder to find the great lie.

Everyone screaming before that you were all talk are now being slapped with reality. I did not envy you, and the position you were forced into. Your actions speak loud and clear.

o/ The New Sith Order

The most painful slap in history :smug:

They believe Fark declared war on IRON to hold NSO in a war given IRON's MDoAP with NSO. Thus even if one front wraps up, the other front presents NSO having to fight due to a treaty obligation.

Hope that's right.

Because honoring a treaty with MHA is obviously a diabolical scheme to keep NSO down.

I would expect both parties equally understanding of each other, and writing in non-chaining clauses to protect them from you while treating it as a chaining treaty for yourself seems foreign to me.

I mean seriously, I can sympathize with you guys for having trouble reaching peace, but this was not the way to remedy that situation. Now that you've willingly thrust yourself further into a war in which you no longer have a real obligation, I imagine it will be harder to find the great lie.

Not having the legal or technical obligation does not mean we should just ignore the bond, or the context of events. You're suggesting we just use the text of the treaty to dodge a fight because we might not win. That's dumb, and not how we work.

Because honoring a treaty with MHA is obviously a diabolical scheme to keep NSO down.

Maybe keeping an alliance down isn't the same as fulfilling a treaty obligation, you know. But such a thing doesn't exist on this side of the treaty web. You've had us figured out since 2008.

While I also have a very low opinion of a number of the alliances that IRON has declared on or was declared on by (I won't say all simply because I'm not actually sure how large that dogpile grew) the suggestion that Fark's entrance to the war in support of MHA in support of whoever was anything but redundant strikes me as odd. Because otherwise IRON would have destroyed MHA, right?

Also I just double checked your MDoAP with IRON, which has a non-chaining clause, so there was no way to force you into the war which was declared offensively by IRON without a CB. The defense is optional per the terms of your treaty, while you have chosen to honor the treaty, it was not mandatory.

IRON entered this war to assist Polar and its CB (same with TOP). I am not saying hitting CnG was the best idea, but that is irrelevant. The last war is why IRON is in this one. Now you're right, NSO could lawyer their way out of this, but I wouldn't expect to see such behavior from them. Polar perhaps, but not these guys.

Anyway, good luck fellows. Expect a FAIL declaration in a few days.

It's what we decided. And besides, that's why it's the Great Lie. :awesome:

Regardless, we're not activating the treaty with this declaration, this is an entirely aggressive declaration on the part of the Sith. It's entirely in the treaties spirit, regardless of the treaty's text, or even existence.

Edit: Brains are fried today

Edited by Chron

I must admit over the last 24 hours, in the swirl of rumors, I had my doubts about you guys. When asked about said doubts, I deferred discussion, deciding to let your actions speak for you. And they have.

I apologize for my having doubting you, NSO. Thank you for having the backs of my brothers in IRON.

It's what we decided. And besides, that's why it's the Great Lie. :awesome:

Regardless, we're not activating the treaty with this declaration, this is an entirely aggressive declaration on the part of the Sith. It's entirely in the treaties spirit, regardless of the treaty's text, or even existence.

As Ivan said, this is an invocation of the Moldavi Doctrine. :smug:

Well then I missed that. If you're invoking the Moldavi doctrine I'll pack up my briefcase and leave.