Härmlin Announcement

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of incompetence and stupidity from all sides makes me sick. My eyes bleed from reading all this nonsense, especially the DOWs from IRON and TOP (making absolutely *zero sense* at all) which are a prime example of unprofessionality. I still wonder how your damn Heptagon could ever vote (they did read what they signed, did they???) for such a crap. Shame on you.

And Gre? You must be pretty bored and despaired to enter a war that will leave nothing but a dirty spot in your history. Härmlins never was formed to "roll together" but to have each other's back in times of need. And right now that is absolutely not the case, nobody "needs" you in this crap-war, except the overbloated egos of your 'leaders'. And don't even *try* to lecture me what is meant how - I have written this pact, I know what it means. As one of your ancestors I feel ashamed of what you do with our legacy. You spit on everything we worked for and the name "Grämlins" do not suit any of you, the alliance you represent these days does not deserve it's AA any more. Shame on you.

How could you all let this happen? Shame on you!

The amount of incompetence and stupidity from all sides makes me sick. My eyes bleed from reading all this nonsense, especially the DOWs from IRON and TOP (making absolutely *zero sense* at all) which are a prime example of unprofessionality. I still wonder how your damn Heptagon could ever vote (they did read what they signed, did they???) for such a crap. Shame on you.

And Gre? You must be pretty bored and despaired to enter a war that will leave nothing but a dirty spot in your history. Härmlins never was formed to "roll together" but to have each other's back in times of need. And right now that is absolutely not the case, nobody "needs" you in this crap-war, except the overbloated egos of your 'leaders'. And don't even *try* to lecture me what is meant how - I have written this pact, I know what it means. As one of your ancestors I feel ashamed of what you do with our legacy. You spit on everything we worked for and the name "Grämlins" do not suit any of you, the alliance you represent these days does not deserve it's AA any more. Shame on you.

Not to intrude the history lesson here but surely if your unhappy with the direction of Gramlins you should be spearheading a change rather then being on the side lines lecturing and reminiscing?

I don't know much about the Gramlin decline but what I do know is people didn't sit down and actually try to talk stuff through. Instead people walked away from the issues...or just plain walked without even trying.

It's sad... :(

Härmlin is Härd, Syz. Aqua security have long been a pivotal facet of our union. I won't sit here and pretend we're on some great mission of justice, or that a lot of what has occurred over the past few days hasn't been utterly stupefying, but doing this with our brothers has renewed and re-strengthened our union. What we do during this war and after will be the real test for both of our alliance's new governments. Though I agree that they will need reminding of where we came from, and that's a role I relish in taking.

Edit: Lack of sleep.

Edited by Working_Class_Ruler

You could only have written the second half of this sentence if the first is true ;)

True...the point is Gremlins still exist thus change can still happen...ex-Gramlins talk as if the alliance is dead...it certainly isn't.

I know from experience that walking away is not the way to deal with stuff...

If people walk away with no regrets then fair enough...but this is not the case as there are plenty of people around still moaning which means the "care" is still there. :)

Edited by Affluenza

True...the point is Gremlins still exist thus change can still happen...ex-Gramlins talk as if the alliance is dead...it certainly isn't.

I know from experience that walking away is not the way to deal with stuff...

If people walk away with no regrets then fair enough...but this is not the case as there are plenty of people around still moaning which means the "care" is still there. :)

this might not be true for Gre, but unfortunately for many people, walking away from the fight is easier than fighting to the end.

Syz you dissapoint me,

airing this in public does not help either you or us, especialy when you are so far from events

There is nothing dirty or wrong about this war, we were requested to assist our freinds in need and we responded to there call.

Given the last week or the last couple of months to re-do again I would make the same decisions for the same reasons, tho I'd probably take the Polar \m/ war more seriously over the weekend and have begun preparing then.

Honestly there was nothing else to do if Gre was to retain its independance of voice and action, any other path would have lead to us becoming a vassel or dissapearing completly

Bravo, couldn't agree more. It's a sad day indeed.

Syz you dissapoint me,

airing this in public does not help either you or us, especialy when you are so far from events

There is nothing dirty or wrong about this war, we were requested to assist our freinds in need and we responded to there call.

Given the last week or the last couple of months to re-do again I would make the same decisions for the same reasons, tho I'd probably take the Polar \m/ war more seriously over the weekend and have begun preparing then.

Honestly there was nothing else to do if Gre was to retain its independance of voice and action, any other path would have lead to us becoming a vassel or dissapearing completly

I don't think your friend is especially in need.

This is now basically a curbstomp. I'm not discussing the subject of whether it's deserved--that's a topic that has its own discussion elsewhere--but your entry is far from defending anyone in need, it's just assisting in that.

Had there not been a sudden peacing out everywhere else in this war I would entirely understand your actions. I recognize this decision was made before that fact, and I do hope you'll consider peace now.

There is no justification for a winning defender to settle for white peace, with the exception of having no personal investment in the war beyond treaty ties. This is a perfect example of a war in which the defenders have absolutely NO reason to settle for any less than surrender. CnG is a primary defender, TOP, IRON, et al. are primary attackers. This war is quite well detached from the greater NpO-\m/ War, and a massive strategic failure on the part of the losers.

Edited by Great Lord Moth

Our general policy on peace is thus:

The MHA Government shall be required to consider Peace (either surrender, a cessation of hostilities, or white peace) should it be requested by an enemy. If Terms of Surrender for the enemy are required, the terms will primarily act to ensure the defeated enemy is no longer an immediate threat to the safety of the MHA and her allies; shall not violate the sovereignty of the defeated enemy; will not ask reparations for an Aggressive war; will endeavor to appropriately repair MHA nations engaged in a Defensive war; will offer protection to the defeated enemy during the surrender period; and will reflect the demeanor and behavior of the defeated enemy during the conflict.

Going on history, if we were to discuss/give peace, it would be most likely white peace or something close to it. I'm not Gov, so I cannot make that call.

Syz you dissapoint me,

You're fighting for the defense of the thugs in \m/. Is that your opinion on independance? Help the bullies get out of the grave they shovelled themselves?

This what exactly what Gremlins stood against once.

You're fighting for the defense of the thugs in \m/. Is that your opinion on independance? Help the bullies get out of the grave they shovelled themselves?

As far as Im concerned this is an entirely different war from the one that already existed. You guys made a hugely foolish blunder attacking an unengaged enemy and lost your moral high ground when you did so.

It appears that Ramirus has finally got his wish of destroying any semblance of friendly relations between these great alliances (Gre/MHA and TOP) – though, that said, IRON and TOP were asking for it by bringing in uninvolved alliances.

Excuse me Bob, you know that I respect you a lot, but how can you say that the TOP DoW, in which TOP states that «much [their] reason to enter this war lies in [their] desire to defeat those who [would be wishing to do harm to TOP]», is the result of something (anything) Ramirus did?

I think (I could be wrong) that TOP's assessment of C&G's intentions is mostly dictated by their "paranoia", and thinking that Ramirus has the power to induce TOP (and IRON) to DoW on C&G, by in some way having exploited said paranoia, also through the NpO vs \m/ affair and having somewhat triggered all the DoWs and treaty chaining that led to this, is a bit of stretch even for the most persuaded of the conspiracy theorists.

In fact in the same sentence you say that IRON and TOP were those that decided to bring in uninvolved parties, and you imply that they're to blame for having triggered this conflict. I really don't follow the first part of your statement, and I fear that your (legitimate) disliking for Ramirus's actions is blinding you to the point that you can attribute anything to his alleged malice and nothing else.

Maybe it's just another case of a debacle best explained with incompetence rather than malice, isn't it?

I anyway also think that this "other" war is now almost pointless, considering that the Polar-\m/ war ended and that the odds are so much uneven. I hope that the involved governments can quickly discuss an exit strategy from this situation - the sooner the better, also to show to TOP that C&G isn't "after them", after all.

Best of luck in exiting from this crap in one piece, guys.

Might have worked if we were entering on behalf of \m/. Not everyone were comfortable with joining in the fight it we had entered to fight for \m/'s defense. Many felt more comfortable if we had entered on the side of NpO instead. But seeing that your DoW was basically a pre-emptive strike on C&G, I don't see where the link to \m/ comes about anymore. Thanks to your actions, this hard decision was averted. Even those dissenters are now jumping into the fray. Doesn't this make you wonder why?

With reference to your question on what Gremlins stood for,

Yes, we don't support tech-raiding in any forms, except well during actual wars that is.

With this, I would post the same question back to you, do you not follow the ideals you held in Gre after joining another alliance? Is the action of TOP really in the spirit of your ideals? And is this something you would have done while in Gre?

Edited by pigsticker