The International Marches to War

By their opportunistic attacks against FOK, the Grand Lodge of Freemasons has committed an act of aggression and has thus activated the applicable parts of the LEO treaty that govern mutual defense. As such, the International recognizes that a state of war now exists between itself and GLOF.

The propagandists of INT have created this short video celebrating the certain victory of the red army over our freemason adversaries:

Signed for INT:

The congress of the International

what were u drinking / smoking when u wrote this up....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem PC, Polar, \m/, or FOK bothered to tell any of their allies judging by the replies in the cease fire thread.

Hell, GOONS is treated with one of these alliances on both sides and we didn't hear jack.

Well guys, it seems there has been lots of problems in this one - official forum up and down in approaching update, and then everyone's peacing out without telling.

See how it unfolds: but yours could end up being one of the shortest wars on planet Bob ever :)

(ps: cool video, though)

Edited by obscurus

Well guys, it seems there has been lots of problems in this one - official forum up and down in approaching update, and then everyone's peacing out without telling.

See how it unfolds: but yours could end up being one of the shortest wars on planet Bob ever :)

(ps: cool video, though)

actually, they declared war after FoK agreed to peace....so by the time they managed to get a DoW out, there was no war to fight :D

actually, they declared war after FoK agreed to peace....so by the time they managed to get a DoW out, there was no war to fight :D

Actually, let me write the code for you, and maybe a nerdy coder can translate it for you.

iFOK != FOK
FOK != INT

You can still win the argument in your own mind, if you want. I won't object.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

To the people of GLOF whining about this DoW coming after the actual in-game declarations: THE BOARDS WERE DOWN!.

ok really? I've already shown that this statement is a lie. But if you feel you can repeat a lie, I can promise you that I can quote myself over and over until the truth gets through.

really? the first DoW is below

20100129-kcubdpms4cu8g6usp1f4x1r2es.png

yup, that's when the forums were down for sure!

10:58:52. Over an hour before update. One hour and 12 mins before the DoW was posted.

For those following here is the list of alliances that seemed to be just fine posting DoWs when the boards were "down"

1. TOP

2. TORN

3. SPARTA

4. tLW and Gondor

5. Fark (heck they did it like 5 times)

6. IRON

7. well I think you've got the idea. I could keep going but let's be honest. I've proved my point.

Oh I forgot that key detail Obs. I apologize to the International. I forgot about the technological deficiencies inherited with your governmental choices.

[OOC] before any INT members get upset, I'd like to point out the role-playing going on here. We're actually giving you an in-character excuse, even if we all know it's a load of crap. Just like how you calling us opportunistic was just your extreme skill of "role-playing". Well... not just like, as this is real role-playing and not a lame excuse for insulting our honor while we honor treaties... just saying [/OOC]

I do feel the need to point out to Comrade Craig, that if FOK!, the Resistance, and The International had all remained in the Orange Unity Treaty there would have been no orange on orange war. Rather all three of your alliances left, thereby creating a schism in orange. We are still committed to making orange a great sphere, which is why we have stayed. We stand for a unified orange, you abandoned that idea. Our allies were called to protect their allies from FOK. We hold an MDAP with Nueva Vida. We do not sign treaties lightly. We have no treaties with any of your alliances, which again, is only your fault as nobody forced you to cancel your treaty with us. Therefore, we had no choice but to wage war with orange. We didn't to so to spite FOK, but to uphold treaty obligations.

Actually, let me write the code for you, and maybe a nerdy coder can translate it for you.

iFOK != FOK
FOK != INT

You can still win the argument in your own mind, if you want. I won't object.

-Craig

i have no idea what u just wrote up...

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79454

12:33 am, that post was made. This topic, your DoW topic that is, was made a full 45 mins later.

A few minutes after Update, i was already talking with u on IRC, in query, informing you that the war has ended etc etc.

So by the time u posted your DoW on the forums, we were already discussing peace terms......

@ Erikz

will all due respect, i understand you guys wub INT and all, but this was a sad show on their part and your excuse even lamer :P

Wow.

INT is taking unnecessary heat here. TR and INT would not have attacked GLOF in the numbers we did if we thought GLOF was getting peace from FOK. TR might be warmongers but we're not opportunists, and to classify INT as one would imply we are as well.

While Mike from iFOK was on and I believe he was who NpO spoke with, I couldn't get ahold of FOK gov member until hours after update, and after the forums had come back up. Why you'd expect to be let go after NpO walked anyway...I mean that doesn't make sense to anyone but you I think and saying that in our public channel in disbelief was off-putting to say the least. You were let go, you didn't have a right to be peace'd out on a free pass.

As for coalition communication, see tR's DOW.

On the point of fighting; if it takes two days because of whatever it was exactly that people were plotting got in the way (I left that channel and won't go back, and besides, they wouldn't have told me anyway), then so be it. You attacked FOK, we attacked you, end of story.

And no alliance is perfect in their operations, including us. But hurling taunts away at the people who just let you walk after dogpiling our ally seems unreasonable.