GATO Declaration of War

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with ganging up on Genesis, GATO. We're good over here with FOK, CSN, Fark, RnR, GOD and Guru Order. Thanks.

Not sure that it matters now, but your post sums up what I was thinking, sarcasm included of course.

Going in using an oA clause to hit an already outnumbered alliance when you've left an MDP partner engaging six different alliances for several days seems a bit bizarre, or rather cowardly.

The NSO treaty reads as an ODP in this situation. We didn't break the treaty and we had NSO and a few other ODP partners on one side and 3 MDP partners and a MDoAP on the other. It was a tough decision as we were starting to get going with strengthening our relations with NSO and the rest of brown before this whole damn war broke out. We were really looking forward to it. Another 2-3 weeks of peace and GATO probably would've been in Terra Cotta. Unfortunately, this war made a mockery of the treaty web and it's a really crap situation. Not much more I can say really.

The NSO treaty reads as an ODP in this situation. We didn't break the treaty and we had NSO and a few other ODP partners on one side and 3 MDP partners and a MDoAP on the other. It was a tough decision as we were starting to get going with strengthening our relations with NSO and the rest of brown before this whole damn war broke out. We were really looking forward to it. Another 2-3 weeks of peace and GATO probably would've been in Terra Cotta. Unfortunately, this war made a mockery of the treaty web and it's a really crap situation. Not much more I can say really.

Looks like your guys' schedule just opened up.

With the unwarranted attacks on Athens and ODN I think we're pretty well full. I hear you guys are peacing out anyway Chron.

Look at it this way, it'll be another 10-minute war which you'd be fighting in defense of your treaty partners.

Ohwai-

Edit: You know what? What about the unwarranted attacks(?) on us by GOD?

Where were you then?

Edited by Chron

The NSO treaty reads as an ODP in this situation.

Taking a page out of PC's NAP pagebook, nice.

You picked an ally who was never in any danger to one who had 2 sanctioned alliances and numerous other groups lined up against it. The Sith Order would have came to your rescue if the roles were switched.

Look at it this way, it'll be another 10-minute war which you'd be fighting in defense of your treaty partners.

Ohwai-

Edit: You know what? What about the unwarranted attacks(?) on us by GOD?

Where were you then?

Nobody from NSO discussed anything with me about GOD. The difference between the GOD dow on you and the IRON/TOP declaration is that you guys were already in the war and thus fair game in this coalition warfare CN has gotten into. Athens and ODN were still sitting on the sidelines. Besides that, the only alliances we discussed were RnR and Fark and both times you guys pulled back on requesting official assistance. When someone finally did ask if I could put in an official request (not GOD btw) IAA had already asked us about the same with the Genesis situation. I put both to congress and they made a choice.

Taking a page out of PC's NAP pagebook, nice.

You picked an ally who was never in any danger to one who had 2 sanctioned alliances and numerous other groups lined up against it. The Sith Order would have came to your rescue if the roles were switched.

The treaty is what it is. How it equates to PC I have no idea.

When the two options were stacked we had an ODP with an alliance on the opposite side of a great chunk of our allies probbaly would've ended up vs let's face it, our best friends in CN who have literally went to their death for us and our highest level treaty on the same side of the fight as the rest of our MDP level treaties looked to be. I don't see how anyone would be surprised at the outcome. Disappointed I understand but I don't see how you can fault us for it.

When the two options were stacked we had an ODP with an alliance on the opposite side of a great chunk of our allies probbaly would've ended up vs let's face it, our best friends in CN who have literally went to their death for us and our highest level treaty on the same side of the fight as the rest of our MDP level treaties looked to be. I don't see how anyone would be surprised at the outcome. Disappointed I understand but I don't see how you can fault us for it.

MK and RoK handled a similar situation pretty well, from what I could tell.

EDIT: Bleh, not worth it.

Edited by Griff