Alchemy DoW

Archmage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cora, we're not going away anytime soon. :smug:

It is time for a certain group of purple nations to learn the hard way, that it's elitist, egotistical points of view are unpopular and unappealing to say the least. You know who you are.

Pretty sure you'll be learning the hard way when they're 10x bigger than you. Also, I've always hated that smug smiley, and pray to Admin it will be deleted someday.

If UPN had even *half* the leadership of MK, we might have stayed. I'd bet so would the other string of very good people UPN has been hemorrhaging for quite some time now.

I thought you lot in Alchemy WERE half the leadership :v Is this a sign of your own incompetence?

Also, can you name some names? I'd like to ask them.

edited bottom paragraph to clarify

Edited by Timtacious

Pretty sure you'll be learning the hard way when they're 10x bigger than you. Also, I've always hated that smug smiley, and pray to Admin it will be deleted someday.

I thought you WERE all government :v Is this a sign of your own incompetence?

Also, can you name some names? I'd like to ask them.

Past tense Timtacious, Purple is losing all of it's good members.

As well, it's getting very old to see UPN and it's supporters going off on their stat advantage. "Oh UPN is 10x bigger than you they will crush you!" So that proves what exactly? That you can successfully beat an alliance 1/10 your size? Not exactly something I would brag about. That is, unless your purplol, then it makes sense. Incompetence is as incompetence does I suppose.

Stuff that went wrong

How many more times are you planning on opening up this old wound? Look. I'm sorry, I didn't want it to happen that way. But it did and I can't take it back.

Honestly though all this is so not worth it. More than anything we've got too many mutual friends getting caught up in the crossfire.

I wasn't aware I was on a side.

Kae, you forget where I was when Alchemy got formed. ;) I can't claim to know all the details, nor any personal issues, if they exist, but I know more than enough to get a general picture. I still think it's all a rather silly mess and I, for one, think that UPN is much better off without you. And if it makes you happy James, Invicta is better off without you too. I knew that the moment you joined up with UED. I mean, honestly... :P

All I can say is...Alchemy, it appears MK has taught you well. :)

<_< i was there for 15 days realized they were a joke and left, I also posted my leaving announcement to UED on Invicta's forums, don't pull that bs

Edited by James III

How many more times are you planning on opening up this old wound? Look. I'm sorry, I didn't want it to happen that way. But it did and I can't take it back.

Honestly though all this is so not worth it. More than anything we've got too many mutual friends getting caught up in the crossfire.

That's more than you have EVER said on the subject.

You NEVER once apologized or took responsibility, so don't make me out to be the bad guy.

It was/is/will continue to be, worth it to me.

Three months ago, I was government in UPN. While we were privately discussing the direction of a few treaties,

I made a unpopular comment and recommendation in a private Cabinet forum that regarded the Invicta MADP, and Jorost.

Cora, who was not even in UPN but possessed Admin access to the forums, copied said comment and ran off to tattle.

You had the support of more than 2/3rds of the Cabinet regarding that matter. Whatever you wanted would easily have been passed by an actual cabinet vote.

You had the support of more than 2/3rds of the Cabinet regarding that matter. Whatever you wanted would easily have been passed by an actual cabinet vote.

I handled the situation with brilliant tact. Indeed, I had the support of 2/3rds of the Cabinet.

Together, we made the decision to leave. I didn't even have to vote to get what I wanted.

With my comrades, we call the shots for our own now.

No more incompetent leaders, no more witless tools like yourself to stand in the way.

This engagement may be over, but Alchemy does not forgive and it does not forget.

I handled the situation with brilliant tact. Indeed, I had the support of 2/3rds of the Cabinet.

Together, we made the decision to leave. I didn't even have to vote to get what I wanted.

With my comrades, we call the shots for our own now.

No more incompetent leaders, no more witless tools like yourself to stand in the way.

This engagement may be over, but Alchemy does not forgive and it does not forget.

I have enough respect for Kae and Alchemy to tell you this: stop. just stop. UPN has taken the high road and offered to agree to disagree and let it go. You should do the same.

Not forgiving and forgetting, despite the cliche, isn't a sign of resolve. It's a sign of someone who doesn't understand the big picture, a sign of someone being petty, and moreover, its a sign of immaturity. Let it go already. you had a chance to stay and continue to fight for what you thought was right. instead you chose the equally respectable options of striking out and forging something new. I was once in your shoes, and i made the same choice, and am better for it. You have your own alliance to run in the manner that you see fit. There is no longer any reason to continue to squabble of decisions and policy choices of an alliance which you no longer have any connection to.

Altheus has answered your criticisms. He's admitted his mistakes. he's also made numerous changes to make sure history doesn't repeat itself. What else do you want? Are you really going to so petty not to just it go?

I had a conversation last night with Kae about people who take the happening of planet bob too seriously. you are rapid becoming the poster child for this phenomenon. I respectfully suggest you take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

I have enough respect for Kae and Alchemy to tell you this: stop. just stop. UPN has taken the high road and offered to agree to disagree and let it go. You should do the same.

Not forgiving and forgetting, despite the cliche, isn't a sign of resolve. It's a sign of someone who doesn't understand the big picture, a sign of someone being petty, and moreover, its a sign of immaturity. Let it go already. you had a chance to stay and continue to fight for what you thought was right. instead you chose the equally respectable options of striking out and forging something new. I was once in your shoes, and i made the same choice, and am better for it. You have your own alliance to run in the manner that you see fit. There is no longer any reason to continue to squabble of decisions and policy choices of an alliance which you no longer have any connection to.

Altheus has answered your criticisms. He's admitted his mistakes. he's also made numerous changes to make sure history doesn't repeat itself. What else do you want? Are you really going to so petty not to just it go?

I had a conversation last night with Kae about people who take the happening of planet bob too seriously. you are rapid becoming the poster child for this phenomenon. I respectfully suggest you take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

You, sir or madam, have just written the most sensible and mature thing I have seen throughout this war. Well done. =)

I think we could probably all let this thread go the back pages now. ;) Everyone has stated their position, vented and nothing is going to change, not here anyway and probably not for some time or ever. We can all recognize this and move on. Anyway, it's taking up room for people's useless junk post's!!@#$#

:blush:

Love you all.

What DonVox said here. I totally agree with.

Altheus has said he is sorry and wishes he could take the past back but he can't.

Our Government channel is only open to UPN government. You all changed that. That was a good outcome from all this. You all knew that cora wasn't upn yet you had conversations in front of her as if she was. I think this was your responsibility not anyone elses. That being said!

I understand/empathize with your reasons for leaveing. However I disagree with the "leaving" part.

Then my protective nature of UPN comes in to play.

You three held the essance of the government.

Becks was the Minister of Internal Affairs, and did a "better than great" job as such.

Kae Lee was the Minister of Finance.

King John was the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

That is practically UPN!

You three were the UPN government. Not considering the members of UPN you packed your bags and left. There were over 300 nations i think depending on you!

United Purple Nations are my guys. You should have confronted the problem made Altheus and Cora live up to their responsibilitys and stayed and taken care of those who had elected you. You decided to take care of yourselves. The three of you and leave. You left UPN without a government!

I like to think if I was present during this that you wouldn't have left. But I wasn't and you did.

Thanks to the heart of United Purple Nations we are growing strong again.

Remember that heart, remember that beat?

Remember Becks? I know you do.

I always have this feeling "they always come back."

No-one in my opinion ever burned those bridges before.

Your bad behavior over all this business(not the past but what is happening right now) is the first bridges I ever seen burned by former UPN members. That being said. I would help rebuild those bridges at anytime I thought you were ready.

Also the bridge burning does not extend to those that left UPN since to be with you.

Both sides of a story should be told. You have a side. It is being told. There is always the other side of the story.

MoonDog

Minister of Justice

United Purple Nations

Funny thing the members of UPN far surpassed my expectations of them.

They thrived with your leaving. Look how we have grown.

We have a nice MoIA - teacup

A real MoFA that knows how to be a MoFA Peggy Sue

DonVox handles Finances well.

I really should be thanking you for leaving, after what I have seen this last week.

Edited by MoonDog

Are we really going to do this here? *[color="#FF0000"][b]Kae [/b][/color]sighs. Fine.

MoonDog, I love you to death, but you're not being exactly honest or fair here, and you know it.

You're right, Altheus did apologize for the past. Yesterday. He never spoke a word in the weeks after the *multiple* incidents - and to his credit has recently acknowledged that lack of communication was a problem and says he has taken efforts to fix it. Which I'm glad about.

Yes, we all knew Cora was there. But to say it is our fault for having discussions in front of her is ludicrous. We had no where else to have them. She had access to all forum levels and all IRC rooms. Where were we supposed to talk, the bathroom? We had faith that our leader would not allow her in there unless she was trustworthy. I guess you're right - our mistake.

As for UPN depending on us and our 'leaving them without a government'. Yes, UPN did depend on us. And even when we [i]unanimously[/i] decided to make a change for what we believed in (which the charter says is all we need), we were shot down. Because the truth about UPN government is that it is not a democracy anywhere except on the surface. Which is fine, hey - Alchemy is definitely *not* a democracy either. But we don't claim to be. So this idea that we could change whatever we wanted because we were gov is just the kool aid you've been drinking, and not based in fact. The truth of the matter is the only person who can change UPN is it's dictator - Altheus. Who I understand has been doing exactly that - and again, good for him. But don't fill yourself with some fairy tale version about how we could have changed it but just didn't, because that would be just a convenient lie that helps you make sense of some seriously messed up events.

And I might add, as you put it yourself, you have a perfectly fine government in place despite our leaving - so we hardly left you without anyone capable of doing the job.

So yes. After we realized we had no ability to fix what we wanted, no say in foreign policy, no privacy on any level from outside scrutiny, and had to put out multiple fires from conversations leaked... we left. I think any reasonable person would have.

There is always another side to the story. Most of you (not all, but most) at UPN have chosen to believe whatever allows you to deny any internal problems and make us out to be the bad guys. That's fine, because honestly - and obviously - we don't care.

But in all reality, don't you forget -

You thrived with our leaving...

Look how you've grown...

You're welcome.