A New Alliance with a Strong History.

Yuurei

Hello, I am Yuurei, and I need you to help me bring back a piece of CN history.

I cannot give you all the details in this thread, but I am looking for some active nations that are interested in being part of creating a new alliance, but one that already has a good history.

What does this mean to you? This means that the safety of this alliance is ensured already, and that the connections have already been established, but at the same time it will be built from scratch meaning this is your chance to be a part of creating an alliance, being a founder, and possibly something more.

Feel free to search my name in the Wiki and it will verify my experience in CN.

Please send me a PM, either in game, or in CN forums if you are interested.

Thank you...

Yuurei

I still do not wish to give out all the information in an open thread, but I can give a little bit.

The alliance will likely initially be multi-colored, so anyone is able to join without being forced to change colors, but I have a color in mind that new nations will be encouraged, but not forced to be.

Some offers of protection have already been given, and one has been chosen. It is a major alliance, and a good protector.

The gov will be led by four ministers, each running a segment of the gov (not all of these positions have yet been filled). The ministers will each be able to set up their segment as they see fit, within reason (including choosing their own deputies and staff), and will all share information amongst each other, and discuss and vote on issues, with myself bein the tie-breaker in the case of a 2-2 tie. There will also be several advisor positions for those with legitimate experience, but not in the minister position. They will be able to participate in most of the gov debates

A flag has been chosen, and an IRC channel registered. The forums themselves have not been made, but will be made as things go forward.

The previous incarnation of the alliance I am bringing back was well known, had numerous treaty affiliations including being a member of some coalitions. While not everything will be as it was before, it will open some doors that totally new alliances would not otherwise have.

At the same time, this will have most of the benefits of joining a new alliance, in that those that join will be founders, and have a strong chance at some of the vacant gov positions, and even in the development of the alliance.

So come, be a part of something new, and part of something with a storied history.

Send me an in-game, or CN Forums PM if you are interested. There is a plan. Some things are definitely in place to succeed.

I can't believe I'm seeing this with my own eyes.

I've been very clear about my opinion of you in the past, Yuurei, and I can't help but be unsurprised by this. I'd call you a coward for sitting it out in peace mode during a war in which your current alliance, whatever differences I have with them, deserves a lot better from you; but you've shown here that you lack nothing in terms of intestinal fortitude and brute arrogance.

I feel sorry for the good people of Apocalypse that had to deal with you in my absence b/c they wouldn't listen to me about you sooner. I feel terrible for saying that now when there could have been something I might have been able to have done earlier, but if I have no regrets: it's over leaving Apoc when it became clear you were to ensconced to be budge from a position to do great damage to it. I couldn't be a part of that, watch you kill it, and have no one listen to me.

Jewel, Ghosty, Poke, Tobbs, Sally: I'm sorry.

Yuurei. what is this i dont even..

I..

I am at a loss for words. Auctor is right, in that first paragraph of his. Not only have you abandoned your current (former?) alliance ADI, but your not even being creative enough to start your own alliance. Who ever these 'contacts' of yours are, they must not have known Apocalypse too well to even think that you have a right to bring it to life again. I frown upon this, as do the other former members of Apoc. Make an alliance if you want, but dont use Apocalypse's name or ideas.

[quote name='tobbogon' date='09 February 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1265759278' post='2171435']
I frown upon this, as do the other former members of Apoc.
[/quote]
As a former allied leader of the late Apocalypse, I also frown upon this. Sure, I was sad to see Apocalypse (known as "Aeon" at the time) disband, I have no wish to see it resurrected, as, no matter how hard anyone tries, there is no way to bring back what is lost. What's dead should stay dead.

We've all had times where we look back at the memories and think how much fun we had, but those are just that: memories. I could name a dozen personal memories of that sort from this game alone, but it isn't relevant.

It would do no justice to Apocalypse to resurrect it, nor to the many people in this game who had, in one way or another, had positive interactions with it. Please Yuurei, create new memories, don't try and relive old ones.

Edited by fireguy15207