I guess I didn't make myself clear

mpol777

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, but the people sitting in their secret channels that aren't even a little bit secret can't help but fear for their own power and influence they have.

Power is only power if you are prepared to use it. Influence is wasted if you don't actually influence. All the secret channels in the world don't make someone reach out and actually Do Something About It. Living in fear is part of the reason we have such a pack mentality on Bob. Everyone too scared to do something until everyone else is ready to do it too.

Power is only power if you are prepared to use it. Influence is wasted if you don't actually influence. All the secret channels in the world don't make someone reach out and actually Do Something About It. Living in fear is part of the reason we have such a pack mentality on Bob. Everyone too scared to do something until everyone else is ready to do it too.

It is funny, while I disagree with Grubs course of action, and believe better avenues to prevent repeats of the Ni! and FOA raids were available to him, I do commend him on this statement, because there is much truth in it.

Then we agree. Almost. The hesitation is still there however, but you can't deny that there remains an over-shadowing influence of some.

The return of Mpol to planet Bob is doubtlessly the greatest fruit borne by the Karma War. If for nothing else, we must thank Karma for that.

I believe the mighty admin himself granted that wish.

[OOC]He was banned until shortly before the Karma war.

snip

Take it easy, my Polardoxian brother. I enjoyed the read...at least he's being honest rather than taking, as Grub has called it, the 'pack mentality' and blindly trolling one side or another.

I dig what he's saying to an extent and in some ways share the sentiment. However, when we look back, when X or Y alliance came in after Polaris declared war on \m/ will be a footnote of history...or part of a list of war declarations organized by date that nobody will particularly care about a year from now.

Also, mpol, gun pr0n: where is it? B-)

Edited by Coursca

Mpol you bore me with these sentimental readings. What point did this message have? You know the post will make little difference in the eyes of people that actually took the time to read it. People who did find this as an insult wont attack, they'll continue to collect stats and look pretty. If you really want to get people involved bring them to the party yourself and get a friend to help you do it. (Don't tell them to get involved force them into the war yourself)

Very much enjoyed the read. War is the reason for the game, and it has been my experience that blocs and majorly treatied alliances are a bore. and never measure up to expectations regardless of "side".

I do think, however, you should try a little less subtelty next time ;).

p.s I still remember the Zombie announcement, and you haven't topped that one yet. ;)

I mean we all know you have certain ones in mind.

If he has certain ones in mind, it's probably alliances on both sides because it takes two to dance that kind of dance. So what would the point be? It is fairly evident for everyone that key players on both sides are waiting for their counterparts to make an opening move. Perhaps it will happen tonight, perhaps tomorrow or the day after. Or someone will tire and pre-emptively DoW. Who knows?

That said, that's what you get when you respect treaties so much. Your allies suffer while you sit back and wait for the other side to move his Knight to C5 so you can finally have a so legitimate way to join in.

Problem with treaties is that they are meant for small well defined wars or fronts, not for a massive war of sides.

tl,dr; mpol is right.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Also is FAN still doing secret treaties? I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with things until just recently.

Nope. No treaties, secret or otherwise. Although if we did have secret treaties I wouldn't say, so who the hell knows anymore.