Commonwealth Pizza Delivery Service Delivers

Bernkastel does this every war. Pay him no heed. :P And as I'm sure I'm going to have to say many, many times through this war, he's not gov, he doesn't represent us, Arrnea's our policy maker, blah blah blah, you get it. :P

Apologies, and all that jazz. I really don't know you all that well. :v:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to belabor the belabored, but now in stunning new OFFICIALVISION:

We weren't thrilled to draw STA. So many people are getting to fight people that they can at least fake a good hate for, but we get stuck with one of the classier, good natured alliances.

We hated putting Silence on the spot, and did our best to find a way around it. Sadly, given the stultifying vortex of fail surrounding this conflict, the best we could do was promise not to make it worse by asking for their help if we got countered. Small solace, maybe. I've been a huge fan of Silence since the days of LEN and OTF, when Fark fought OTF in the whatever-we-call-that-other-war-against-polar-now war, and OTF were so groovy and honorable and tenacious that I wanted to sign a MDP with them before the war was even finished.

In short, are we sorry it shook out like this? Yes. Did we genuinely agonize over what to do, and made the best choice we could? Yes.

Is the root cause of this war really really really really stupid? Yes, yes it is.

!@#$%* war dividing alliances is !@#$%*. We'll just try and make the best of it :)

It sucks that everyone is being so nice about this. I'm going to end up bloody and broken in a pile of rubble like I do in every war (the dangers of an economic build), but this time I don't get to totally screw with my opponents leading up to and throughout the war. What fun is that?

Also, Vlad, I'll tip my hat now, because I strongly suspect right around the next update, I'm going to freakin' hate you.

I've been seeing the "I wish we didn't have to fight you guys" line a lot from CSN, and I don't really understand it. Your ally had to ghost declare on us so that you could come in on an oA clause. Sure doesn't seem like you were in any way opposed to fighting us.

That said I don't regret getting to fight you, more targets is always fun. See you on the battlefield. :)

I've been seeing the "I wish we didn't have to fight you guys" line a lot from CSN, and I don't really understand it. Your ally had to ghost declare on us so that you could come in on an oA clause. Sure doesn't seem like you were in any way opposed to fighting us.

That said I don't regret getting to fight you, more targets is always fun. See you on the battlefield. :)

I think it's one of those things everyone knew had to be done, but no one wanted to get stuck having to be the one doing it.

Fortunately or unfortunately, given the convoluted nature of this conflict and the general complexities of wars involving many alliances, sometimes supporting your allies is best accomplished by intervening against those other than the people who attacked them directly. We might not particularly like that it's you guys that we're fighting, but it was our role to play in support of our friends. Someone had to do it, and we ended up being that someone.

Anyways, as you say, cya on the battlefield. :)

Too bad it's STA...

In fact I guess it's also good to have STA as an opponent, I can steal all the Twinkies I want :ehm:

..Tyga isn't guarding his treasure house and I'm looking the other way, hurry up and go before I change my mind :awesome:

Good luck to CSN and to Rakari STA.

:(( ODN :((

Do not confuse a sadness over the circumstances for a lack of resolve to do what is needed to win the war. We are sad it came to this. You declared on iFOK and FCO. It came down to a limited few who had conceivable connections to counter your attack. The Stickmen's other allies were already occupied elsewhere, or were not statistically viable options to counter you. Fark could have, but I would hope you agree that them doing so would be a bit overkill. So, we went with Fark to do the actual work, freeing them up for elsewhere.

That said, I hope we can all enjoy ourselves and shake hands with respect come the end of this conflict.

Do not confuse a sadness over the circumstances for a lack of resolve to do what is needed to win the war. We are sad it came to this. You declared on iFOK and FCO. It came down to a limited few who had conceivable connections to counter your attack. The Stickmen's other allies were already occupied elsewhere, or were not statistically viable options to counter you. Fark could have, but I would hope you agree that them doing so would be a bit overkill. So, we went with Fark to do the actual work, freeing them up for elsewhere.

That said, I hope we can all enjoy ourselves and shake hands with respect come the end of this conflict.

Can we shake other things?