The World of the Damned

Centurius

(Day 1 – 5:00 AM, Somewhere in Antarctica)

The Headquarters of the cult had become a phenomenal construction, the soldiers not ready for the climate and busy being deployed overseas just didn’t have the resources to find the base. The cult had even been put on low priority due to no news coming from them. This would change, and the entire world would know how. Within their base deep underground the leadership transmitted the final set of orders to their membership divided over the world but concentrated in Phoenicia, the Holy American Empire. In this region of one of the strongest nations within the world they would make their comeback. A lot would happen at once as to confuse the authorities like their first attacks did. When the orders had been send the leadership smiled and a message was recorded.

(Day 1 – 1:00 PM, Paraíso, HAE)

Pablo, a fine example of the average Holy American. Well paid job, a wife, 2 children and a dog, the ideal family man. It was these kind of people the Cult wanted so much, they weren’t watched as closely by Imperial Intelligence nor their neighborhood. The man had been trained to a level he was equal to a commando from the Imperial Special Forces, walking slowly inside the city hall where the Empress would give a speech he went to a toilet where he retrieved a suitcase and moved upstairs so he could place himself strategically and set up the rifle. As all was set up the Empress entered with her sister Relena and brother Milliardo, today they were here to celebrate a traditional Phoenician event. The day of the revolution. Not much later the speech began.

“My people, we are here to keep our traditions intact, the day of the revolution represents the power of the people to rise up to their oppressors. However while we celebrate our freedom we must keep in mind there are people who are not as blessed as we are, there are still too many people who live in…”

The sentence would not be finished as several shots were fired from the location of Pablo a few screams followed as Pablo was taken in and the Imperial Guard rushed to the stage. The 3 were all on the ground blood flowing out of them. Within minutes they would be taken to the Paraíso Academic Hospital. For Relena it was too late who died only a minute after the shot, Milliardo was quickly treated and was relatively stable. Aurelia, the Empress while not dead was in a highly unstable state. The Phoenician region had now officially lost the 3 people who would be in charge of local affairs at least for next few weeks.

At the same time as the assassination happened across the area several more attacks would follow, 14 Airbases, 4 Naval Bases and numerous outposts. The total casualties of the day has been estimated at 50,000 Soldiers and 5,000 Civilians. A State of Emergency would be declared and military command taking over day to day administration.

***Private***

"My God..."

The room was silent as the full import of this hit them. The only sound was the quiet humming of the computers.

Until one techie recovered her wits. "Alert the Grand Duke, and Queen, if you can."

***Public***

"In the face of such tragedy, we can only offer our deepest sympathies for these horrendous attacks. This only goes to show the despicable nature of those who would force their views on the world at whatever price. If the Queendom can help the Empire in any way, restu assured, we are there for our ally."

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke, Queendom of Australia

***Private***

"Yiroshi, did you hear about Empress..."

"And people said my gun permit law was stupid...I may take away sniper rifles too.."

"But, my master, no one would hurt you!"

'There are some who want a dictatorship back...oh my god this is sad..."

Public

"We are deeply saddened by the Empress's injury and loss of of her daughter(right? I'll edit if wrong.) We wish that they recover and that HAE becomes safe.."

-Holger Michtasson, Yiroshi's speaker.

Edited by Fizzydog

We will not blunt our words. The Holy American Empire is pathetic. A movement from inside their own country has cost the lives of tens of thousands, yet they are unable to figure out where they come from. They are seemingly incompetent. All of this is happening within your own borders, yet you cannot even use something as simple as a satellite or a bug? These assassins did not appear out of nowhere. These weapons needed to commit the attacks are not capable of being manipulated from air. A movement this large cannot go unnoticed, even in such a vast empire. That not a single person has been reported defecting or caught shows that not only are you making little effort, but the efforts you have been making - if any - are foolish.

You claim to be one of the worlds strongest nations. Why are you incapable of looking at your own people? This is a mass movement by a large amount of people, and you have failed in every aspect. You are a danger to the world at this point. We are your allies and on your side, but we will not sugarcoat our words to make it seem prettier. Once this situation is earlier, you may get an apology.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: Told.

IC:

"We do not agree with Sargun, this must have happened too fast for you to catch it. But he is right, how can you, by now, not know who? This is simply a question, and I do not reflect the views of my own government."

-Secretary of Foreign aid and global crisis.

Edited by Fizzydog

Happened too fast? These assassins must be trained. These materials must be bought/stolen/produced and then manufactured for deadly use. Plans must be put into actions. Thousands of people across their country are needed to do this. A headquarters must have been built or used somewhere. A central command is essential - and communication. Unless you plan on telling me that they developed a coded, secret new communications device and language, their communications would be easier to crack because of the large amount of people involved.

Your country is full of imbeciles, and the Holy American Empire is full of anarchy.

"As another ally, I will be equally blunt. You make assumptions based only on what you have heard. It is arrogance to assume that just because no one was reported caught or defecting, that there WAS no one. Perhaps the Empire even tried to prepare. We don't know."

~Westly Davies, Duke of Perth

Happened too fast? These assassins must be trained. These materials must be bought/stolen/produced and then manufactured for deadly use. Plans must be put into actions. Thousands of people across their country are needed to do this. A headquarters must have been built or used somewhere. A central command is essential - and communication. Unless you plan on telling me that they developed a coded, secret new communications device and language, their communications would be easier to crack because of the large amount of people involved.

Your country is full of imbeciles, and the Holy American Empire is full of anarchy.

"The views and opinions of the secretary is not the views or opinions of NTR."

In the order of defence, NTR has banned travel from or to HAE until the attacks cease. We know they are not after us, but an attack on a plane or boat traveling to NTR could be disasterous. NTR also does not want cult members in it's territory.

We are not doing this because we are displeased with HAE. We are doing this for the security of our people. We hope you understand.

-NTR Security Supervisor.

Of course, you intend to withdraw from the pact intended to be called upon to prevent such horrific tragedies from happening. We hoped that our words would be the external wake-up call that you needed, but instead you ignore them. Did you expect us to sit idly by and tell you that you were doing a good job? We are the friend that tells another he is self-destructing, even if we know that it will cost us a friendship. Act! Strike decisively! Do not stand there and passively allow this to happen!

Of course, you intend to withdraw from the pact intended to be called upon to prevent such horrific tragedies from happening. We hoped that our words would be the external wake-up call that you needed, but instead you ignore them. Did you expect us to sit idly by and tell you that you were doing a good job? We are the friend that tells another he is self-destructing, even if we know that it will cost us a friendship. Act! Strike decisively! Do not stand there and passively allow this to happen!

I, President Yiroshi, agree to war on terrorist. I have done the same to keep my small population safe. DO NOT SHOW MERCY FOR THE CULT MEMBERS! They are inhumane at best, almost killing the Empress! So yes, fight back by all means neccassary.

-NTR leader Yiroshi

Edited by Fizzydog

Deres will send 2000 troops to fight against the cult. Deres will also send 40 aircraft and 1000 tanks.

OOC: you need to sign up for this. Just wait till I rightfully own New Eden, and I will offer you land. You are not a registered person on CNRP, so please register(at the CNRP pinned thread, first one).

IC: NTR will send one Screaming Banshee fighter plane to survay and watch for terrorist. It will also send 100 Royal Fighters(NOT planes) to HAE.

Edited by Fizzydog

There is no 'friend' which stoops to insulting another, even if it is for our own good. No; this is the Sarnungian Republic attempting to save face for a highly radical insult directed at an ally. Your unkind words and goading have been taken into account, and the correct actions will be taken.

There is no 'friend' which stoops to insulting another, even if it is for our own good. No; this is the Sarnungian Republic attempting to save face for a highly radical insult directed at an ally. Your unkind words and goading have been taken into account, and the correct actions will be taken.

Please, let it not be war. War is not a wise way to settle unless all else conversation has failed. He was very rude, but he was giving you tips. But if you feel a need for war or destructive actions, NTR supports no one. We will become neutral.

***Private***

Seeing the situaton escalate further, Australia's Grand Duke, Anthony Harlem, dashed off two quick notes to the parties in question.

***Classified to the Sarnungain Republic***

"I do not know if you are trying to save face, but stop the discussion now. You act like you're trying to drive them away from the pact, and you are making too many assumptions about the situation. Who is to say they did not capture or turn some of the members? However, planning for such a massive operation such as what the cult did is not impossible to hide. Difficult yes, but not impossible."

***Classified to the HAE***

"Please do not be put off the pact by the unkind words of one member. We in Australia, having been through similar things in the past, realize than not every contingency can be planned for, and are focused only on providing help if you require it."

Phoenician representatives have voted against leaving the Pact for now.

Statement from the Imperial Intelligence Department of the Holy American Empire

The Sarnungian Republic was right in assuming we had taps on the Cult of the Damned, for the last years we have been watching every step they made. Stopping attacks like these before, however the Cult is not your regular terrorist organization. They hide everywhere and their support is large, the fact we have managed to keep them contained to Phoenicia is already a wonder.

To the additional comments from the Republic we have only one reply, if our intelligence was correct the state you claim to be successor to itself was attacked.

OOC: Forgot to put it in the OP but this is to explain my ig losses.

"We severely condemn the terrorist attacks and give our deepest condolences to our allies in the HAE. We are willing to provide any assistance and/or support, be it be economic and military."

CLASSIFIED

In docks and harbors in Boston, Philadelphia, Fitzgerald (formerly Portland, Maine), Bermuda, and Guantanamo Bay, customs officials and workers began loading food, supplies, and equipment into cargo ships. They were to go to the HAE at a moment's notice pending authorization from Washington.

Statement from the Imperial Intelligence Department of the Holy American Empire

The Sarnungian Republic was right in assuming we had taps on the Cult of the Damned, for the last years we have been watching every step they made. Stopping attacks like these before, however the Cult is not your regular terrorist organization. They hide everywhere and their support is large, the fact we have managed to keep them contained to Phoenicia is already a wonder.

To the additional comments from the Republic we have only one reply, if our intelligence was correct the state you claim to be successor to itself was attacked.

"I, personally, then, will apologize. Our remarks were not to "save face", but to clarify their meaning in their failure. I am not sorry that what I said was insulting - they were meant to be - but that anybody took them personally, that anybody thought I meant to truly insult the Empire."

ooc: I didn't know if the Cult was public or not, either, so I had to word it differently

(Day 3 – Paraíso)

With the attack a full witch hunt had begun, every soldier within Phoenicia was put under Command of Imperial Intelligence and thousands of houses, factories, enterprises were raided to arrest all suspected Cult members. Within hours 10,000 arrests had been made and billions worth of explosives, illegal weapons, diseases and even a nuclear warhead were transferred to secured bases. As this happened the soldiers made sure to move away as fast as they came. The hit would prove effective pushing the organization back to their base in Antarctica and for now isolate them there. What followed would be the difficult task of rebuilding, a large part of the fleet had been destroyed and bases were either disabled or completely destroyed.

Luckily the Empress had survived surgery and would be able to go back to her normal duties soon she would already be able to make a short speech from her hospital bed.

“My dear people,

We have been hit by a terrible enemy, we have been hit while we felt save. The consequences of this attack are still uncertain and rebuilding will take a while. Do not give up hope, we have pushed them back to their cold home and we will keep pushing these criminals. To the relatives of the dead, my condolences I know how you feel, I feel it myself but we will all recover. To our allies, the Empire has had a terrible loss but soon we will be back on our feet to serve besides you. To our enemies, do not confuse this moment with weakness and do not try to hit our sovereignty over the South American continent. Any attempt to hit the Empire on the continent or overseas will be paid with bombs on your capital”

After the transmission went worldwide a news broadcast would follow explaining the massive raid on the Cult within the South American portion of the HAE.

OOC: War's over so this is too.