To whom it may concern

mpol777

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is of great interest to me.

It's not that exciting. I mean, come on, it's just Fark, Guru Order and the Global Democratic Alliance not having enough class to wait until they could announce declaring war before declaring war. Or maybe it's just a big tech raid and not really a war? I'm sure there's an excellent explanation out there though, one which will be delivered with the Open World Forum's usual tact and style.

It's not that exciting. I mean, come on, it's just Fark, Guru Order and the Global Democratic Alliance not having enough class to wait until they could announce declaring war before declaring war. Or maybe it's just a big tech raid and not really a war? I'm sure there's an excellent explanation out there though, one which will be delivered with the Open World Forum's usual tact and style.

To be fair, the forums were down for quite some time.

(And as said in Corinans thread in the AI forum, Fark posted a DoW on their forum.)

If the Sith were properly notified then that's fair but "These forums could not be entered" is never an excuse for not observing the proper protocols.

Way to selectively quote a post.

A DoW is just a formality. It was made public on the Fark forum, so I don't feel like there's much to argue about.

If the Sith were properly notified then that's fair but "These forums could not be entered" is never an excuse for not observing the proper protocols.

The proper protocols have been violated? Who will police the protocols while the NpO is preoccupied. D: Take up the sword! :smug:

Anyway, DoWs normally go up a few minutes prior to actually attacking, and alliances shouldn't have to postpone their plans due to the fact that the planet's communication network is temporarily down due to upgrading. They posted one on their own site, and probably on their wiki, then attacked in-game. If NSO didn't notice, then :<. Noticing the DoW on the OWF probably wouldn't have given them much extra time to do anything, either. A couple of them may have logged in to their nations to check, but they should've been prepared for counters regardless. :gun:

Also: :popcorn:

Way to selectively quote a post.

I cut out the piece I wasn't responding to, cheers. Also, using parenthesis is sloppy and annoys me so I figured I'd condense but that's me being quirky. Good shot, though.

A DoW is just a formality. It was made public on the Fark forum, so I don't feel like there's much to argue about.

There's a certain standard that's been around these parts as I understand it, part of that standard being posting your declarations until recently. As I said, if the Sith were properly notified that's one thing. If they weren't that's quite another. Posting declarations is the commonly-agreed on way to do business last I checked.

To be fair, the forums were down for quite some time.

(And as said in Corinans thread in the AI forum, Fark posted a DoW on their forum.)

So I suppose its too difficult to enter NSO's public irc chan and pronounce their DoW on NSO.

Now, of course, they do not need to fallow years of usual conduct when declaring wars in CN. God knows nothing will happen.

They can be ghey about it and declare on their boards, which is more hilarious and thus insulting, then not declaring anywhere until the first opportunity when the CN board is back up.

The "public", does not frequent their boards, or cares for them. Just sayin', it is not a big deal anyway.

There's a certain standard that's been around these parts as I understand it, part of that standard being posting your declarations until recently. As I said, if the Sith were properly notified that's one thing. If they weren't that's quite another. Posting declarations is the commonly-agreed on way to do business last I checked.

I'm wondering, do the Sith really care?

All I see is you bawwing, over something that is just a formality (OOC: this is even an argument in RL). Second, it's sad that I need to repeat myself, but you continue to ignore it, Fark posted a DoW in the public area of their forum.

So I suppose its too difficult to enter NSO's public irc chan and pronounce their DoW on NSO.

Now, of course, they do not need to fallow years of usual conduct when declaring wars in CN. God knows nothing will happen.

They can be ghey about it and declare on their boards, which is more hilarious and thus insulting, then not declaring anywhere until the first opportunity when the CN board is back up.

The "public", does not frequent their boards, or cares for them. Just sayin', it is not a big deal anyway.

I'm glad you agree it isn't a big deal, so let's just quit arguing over this pointless and moot thing.

Edited by Tromp

I'm glad you agree it isn't a big deal, so let's just quit arguing over this pointless and moot thing.

Of course, its just a short detour.

NSO should really more concerned about the fact that they're getting trucked and aren't getting backup than the fact that FARK don't run the CN forums.

Only that not-so-handsome ginger guy posted something about it from NSO. The rest came from other people.

It is a side matter.

What is of great interest here is public call out from mpol. :D