Monsters Inc

Captain Enema

So like, me and a few others were chatting in IRC. We've decided to launch a character RP that involves the Camino De Santiago in Spain, Noncanon so Zeke doesn't need to worry.

Here are the main points:

- The RP will have a GM. Right now Sargun is talking about being the GM. He and I will sit down and chat about how exactly this works. For the most part he will provide the monsters, who are NPCs, and make sure we PCs aren't get too over the top.

- The monsters will be hidden away from human eye in the beginning.

- There will be no set ending point to the RP. How it finishes.. Is how it finishes..

- You can be a monster as a PC, providing you understand it is in your best interest to avoid detection by humans.

- Further, no monsters will be an unstoppable killing machine. If that existed we humans would have been wiped out eons ago.

Uberstein has already volunteered to consider working on a custom tailored monster for the story. He showed me a couple pictures and I'm looking forward to the end results. I hope others who like to draw and are creative feel free to post up some ideas for use as well. Just remember.. NO unstoppable killing machines and it is in the best interests of the monsters to avoid detection by Humans.

There will be no real recruitment period for this. If you want to join, just post on this thread and ask to join. Anyone can be written into the story line at absolutely anytime.

K, got that?

good.

Probably nothing overly powerful.. the abilities and skills of the PCs will grow as the RP develops. Meaning your character will be presented with chances to learn by doing. Each character should have one solid skill they are very good with and two subskills they are proficient at.

So, theoretically, I could use Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. :ehm:

(yes I am mildly obsessed with MK)

No.

I'd probably use an Amber Guard or something, using an experimental laser rifle...If possible. If not, normal gun. Secondary skills would be melee and explosives, I suppose.

Just keep in mind the Camino De Santiago is a pilgrim trail, this means in all probability the characters, human, will be starting out on a walking holiday. Plan accordingly to find a creative means to include your hardware.

How does the skills thing apply to "monsters"?

Camouflage, woodcraft, whatever is important for them to survive in their niche.

Will magic be involved at all? Other than the existence itself of the monsters, I mean.

I wasn't on long enough to help decide that.

I think we decided against outright magic, though I don't remember it being discussed. So I'm going to go with no for now, but should that be something everyone wants to change we can discuss it to lay out the parameters.

My Character:

Dave, 27 years old..

Primary: Photography

Secondary: Writing

Secondary: Languages

He's been travelling earning a living as a travel article writer for nearly eight years. He travels lightly with only a backpack, camera, and netbook. Most of his money is spent on buying plane tickets to the next country he wants to visit.

personal equipment list:

Digital Camera

Netbook

pocketknife (swiss army version)

notebook

45 liter backpack

3 changes of clothes

tarp

2 water bottles

small camping stove

army surplus mess tin

Thick wool blanket

Rubberized poncho

For reference:

Scorpion, age unknown

Primary: Close Combat fighting

Secondary 1: Dunno yet

Secondary 2: Dunno yet

After being defeated in a short fight by Markus Wilding, Scorpion is now searching the earth for both him and oppnents to train himself for another fight with Markus.

Personal equipment:

Light armor

Mask (always worn)

Canteen

Spear (concealed in wrist armor - sticks to opponent rather than stabs)

Is is possible to have instead of a single character, to have a group of 3-4 people who are always together?

I wish to ask this same question (And just to say, I will not be following my usual trend of shoving Baggs and/or Komeil into every possible Non-cannon thread :awesome: )

One other thing of note, should this play out, I do intend to bring in a few creatures of mild to moderate horror, and one that will be horrendous, sickly and putrid, despite being the lest threatening creature ever

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Just keep in mind the Camino De Santiago is a pilgrim trail, this means in all probability the characters, human, will be starting out on a walking holiday. Plan accordingly to find a creative means to include your hardware.

Well, he'd be a totally paranoid man, carrying perhaps not the armour but the weapon with him. Or he was sent there with a mission. :v: