An Annoucement from ARES

Jtkode

Yes, I do have an issue with it. The issue is not that ARES is defending Polar.

I wish ARES had targeted an alliance that Vanguard wasn't treatied to. Good luck none the less.

I am incredibly disappointed that ARES, our ally, have decided to attack another of Vanguard's treaty partners. The wanton disregard of the unwritten rule of many Cyberverse friendships - do not attack your allies' treaty partners - is downright despicable, and appears to be a common trend amongst the Moral Crusaders.

Really what a bunch of BS.[the bolded part] At some point in time we will all be faced with a difficult decision in this war. YOUR side has already assigned targets that you knew would put ally vs ally showing a complete lack of respect for their treaties. Tactically sound you bet but guess it shows how much you really care about their friendships.(see I can spin it too) I dont see you condeming Umbrella for hitting NV when Umbrella has NOIR signatories that are signed with NV. Dont try to spin some moral BS with this.

Tough decision Ares one I hope you thought all the way through because as much as I hate to say it Rafeal is right.

I give you an o/ and good luck

Edited by Buds The Man

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really what a bunch of BS.[the bolded part] At some point in time we will all be faced with a difficult decision in this war. YOUR side has already assigned targets that you knew would put ally vs ally showing a complete lack of respect for their treaties. Tactically sound you bet but guess it shows how much you really care about their friendships.(see I can spin it too) I dont see you condeming Umbrella for hitting NV when Umbrella has NOIR signatories that are signed with NV. Dont try to spin some moral BS with this.

Tough decision Ares one I hope you thought all the way through because as much as I hate to say it Rafeal is right.

I give you an o/ and good luck

ARES was not pidgeonholed into hitting SLCB. In fact, I approached ARES and gave them other options, that would have kept them defending against somebody who attacked Polar, but didn't have the acronym of SLCB. They rejected that. Again, I understand they feel that's what needs to be done, and respect that thought process, but in this case, it doesn't jive with us, and we're not really ok with it.

As for NOIR, I don't know the nature of that color treaty. And, it's up to the signatories of NOIR to make a fuss about it. If they're ok with hitting each other's allies, then there is no issue.

ARES was not pidgeonholed into hitting SLCB. In fact, I approached ARES and gave them other options, that would have kept them defending against somebody who attacked Polar, but didn't have the acronym of SLCB. They rejected that. Again, I understand they feel that's what needs to be done, and respect that thought process, but in this case, it doesn't jive with us, and we're not really ok with it.

As for NOIR, I don't know the nature of that color treaty. And, it's up to the signatories of NOIR to make a fuss about it. If they're ok with hitting each other's allies, then there is no issue.

My comment on that was not directed at you as I stated above I agree with you being upset. It was to the simple bolded part attempting to slander the other side (my side)for some cheap PR points. NOIR i believe is a NAP. Like I said Rafael I hope they thought about it real hard as all actions will have consequences. We will all face that decsion at some time.

My comment on that was not directed at you as I stated above I agree with you being upset. It was to the simple bolded part attempting to slander the other side (my side)for some cheap PR points. NOIR i believe is a NAP. Like I said Rafael I hope they thought about it real hard as all actions will have consequences. We will all face that decsion at some time.

NOIR is an ODP. :)

If people really can't see why ARES has rejected the other options available to them in order to declare on an ally of an ally in SLCB, particularly after Barix's comments, I do pity them. It's a shame ARES let their petty grudges get in the way of their allies respectful wishes, but what's done is done, and they will face the consequences of those actions.

If people really can't see why ARES has rejected the other options available to them in order to declare on an ally of an ally in SLCB, particularly after Barix's comments, I do pity them. It's a shame ARES let their petty grudges get in the way of their allies respectful wishes, but what's done is done, and they will face the consequences of those actions.

Well Barix does wish to see Nemesis destroyed and every aspect of them burned to the ground, so..

Oh ARES.

Somehow, you guys avoided declaring on SLCB. There were numerous alliances available to them to hit, that they could have avoided hitting another of our ally. And really, that's the main issue we have. I understand this war has put many alliances in tough spots, where some might have to hit allies of allies, but ARES had many options to choose from to defend Polar, and they chose SLCB.

ARES said it's what needed to be done and I respect that, but to us, to choose SLCB with the other options available, is simply unacceptable.

Sorry, I'm somewhat distracted and thought that ARES had to declare on SLCB. Fair enough if they had other options, but it might have been the best choice for them considering how everyone else was being deployed *shrugs*. Your frustration is understandable though.

*takes leave of this thread*

Well Barix does wish to see Nemesis destroyed and every aspect of them burned to the ground, so..

Oh ARES.

I'm not too sure but i don't think he has a grudge with nemesis anymore. He might, but I think the majority of his anger is with SLCB.

I'm very upset over this (mainly due to the lack of respect shown to Vanguard), but when you look at it from Barix's point, why not hit the people who hacked his private channels, been trolling, and causing general ruckus among a severely inactive alliance. I'm not defending his actions, but it's easy to see his train of thought.

I'm not too sure but i don't think he has a grudge with nemesis anymore. He might, but I think the majority of his anger is with SLCB.

I'm very upset over this (mainly due to the lack of respect shown to Vanguard), but when you look at it from Barix's point, why not hit the people who hacked his private channels, been trolling, and causing general ruckus among a severely inactive alliance. I'm not defending his actions, but it's easy to see his train of thought.

<~Barix9[ARES]> I want you, and Nemesis, to stop living, in the sense that anything digital lives.

How does one disband that which one does not consider an alliance though?

Yes he does. He has told them he wishes them destroyed in a public channel if I do recall correctly.

It is so dumb to be arguing the reasons why we attacked SLCB because there is only one reason and that is to protect an ally, that is it. It is not because of grudges, I could care less who I attack if its not an ally. As I've said before, I hope that after this war we can work on mending our friendship with Vanguard.

It is so dumb to be arguing the reasons why we attacked SLCB because there is only one reason and that is to protect an ally, that is it. It is not because of grudges, I could care less who I attack if its not an ally. As I've said before, I hope that after this war we can work on mending our friendship with Vanguard.

I do believe your allies in Vanguard are the one doing the arguing.

On another related note, how do you feel about Barix and his comments on Nemesis? Will ARES do something about this verbal attack on Nemesis, who only entered in defense of their allies in SLCB?

I'd like to encourage you to take note here how Jtkode will not admit any wrongdoing, not will he acknowledge that something is amiss and his actions are what made it that way, but rather that he hopes he can have his cake and eat it too.

On another related note, how do you feel about Barix and his comments on Nemesis? Will ARES do something about this verbal attack on Nemesis, who only entered in defense of their allies in SLCB?

I can not control Barix's freedom to speak his mind, if you would like to contact me on IRC and give me logs about how you think he said something wrong about you or a specific alliance I will take it under careful review.

And pork, I eat all the caek, every, single, day, its confetti and its amazing with jimmy frosting.

Ok, Porky your little attempts to score cheap PR points on ARES has gone on long enough and it's high time I stop this nonesense by explaining a few things.

First of all, let us talk about this supposed grudge ARES has on SLCB and the fact that they had so many 'options' available to them in order to fulfill their treaty obligations. Let me set something straight right here, it was UINE and not ARES who choose to target SLCB. I was the one in communication with Polaris over this particular issue as Barix was away from home and without internet access when this decision was taken. As such given the closeness between our alliances and the fact that the decision had already been taken prior for Valor to ride to war collectively wherever and whenever that was, I gave Polar the confirmation that Valor would be taking on SLCB in support of both UINE's and ARES's MDoAPs.

Now that we have established that it is clear that Barix wasn't the one to decide to declare on SLCB and certainly not Nemesis either, let us continue debunking a few other things... The question arises: Keve69 what about the Vanguard treaty? In all honesty, Vanguard signed with the entire Stickmen bloc a few minutes before their DoW on Polaris, now obviously Vanguard knew that Stickmen were going to declare on a MDoAP partner of ARES, and was any attempt made to alert ARES of this? No. Since Vanguard didn't show either the decency to warn an ally of possible treaty conflict nor that it had placed itself in a position which could potentially stop ARES from honouring it's treaty with one of it's closest partners; I didnt believe there was any reason for ARES or Valor to act in any different way then by the precendent set by Stickmen/Vanguard.

Furthermore, UINE held a PIAT with FCO; did they warn us before declaring on some of our closest allies in the NpO? No they didn't. So basically, FCO and Vanguard set a double precedent which I used as the basis of my decision to tell Polar that we would in fact defend them from SLCB as they had requested. I mean we all realize that this current conflict has the entire treaty web in a jumble and that these things are going to happen, as such I think it would be wise for SLCB and Vanguard to stop their iwanteasyPR-induced outrage over an alleged 'wrong' which they have already commited twice themselves. The fact that they are trying to depict ARES in a bad light here for something they are willing to do themselves not once, but twice, shows a level of hypocrisy which truely blows my hypocriticometer off Bob.

On the subject of the supposed NAP between ARES, SLCB and Nemesis... This 'treaty' was simply another one of a long series of not-so funny jokes SLCB and Nemesis like to play on ARES (as outlined by Joe Stupid earlier in this thread). As such, that piece of garbage which they now try to pass as a legitimate NAP is yet another way to try and score a few easy PR points at the expense of ARES.

In response to Raphael, he earlier stated that he had suggested numerous other targets through which ARES could honour their obligations to Polar. This is entirely true, however what he isn't saying is that he only suggested these targets once the actual war with SLCB had begun. It was asked that ARES peace out on its war with SLCB, which was enitrely legal and legitimate I remind you, obviously this would have been a terrible PR hit for ARES... to leave the front not even 24 hours after jumping in to protect NpO would have hurt ARES's reputation to such a degree that it truely amazes me that any sensible ally (who is clearly intelligent enough to realize how jumbled the treaty web currently is) as 'considerate' as Vanguard would even suggest it.

Earlier, fun was also poked by Mr. p0rk5ab3r about how ARES had been included in the Valor DoW which I posted, but followed by posting its own anyways. ARES felt that due to it's conflictig treaties in the grander picture of this conflict, it needed to furnish the world with an explanation of its decision... surely no one in their right minds can deny that this was a classy thing to do.

With all this mind I ask the community to see through SLCB/Nemesis cheap attempts at PR for what they truely are. In the end, as has been stated numerous times in this thread, we will all face the consequences of our actions and I'm sure one day they will feel the repercussions of mistreating an alliance in such an unfounded and base manner.

Since you guys seem to be digging everywhere for something to grasp at in your little cheap PR crusade I thought I'd provide you with this: Soda_Cups_Glasses_6.jpg

P.S: Anyone with some fake outrage on their little chests can start directing it my way :P

P.S.S: For the fans of Grimace somewhere out there....

How Keve feel's about this: Too much hypocrisy makes me sick th_DISGUSTKeve.jpg

you might find that a tougher row to hoe than you think, bro.

nbd, js

On the subject of the supposed NAP between ARES, SLCB and Nemesis... This 'treaty' was simply another one of a long series of not-so funny jokes SLCB and Nemesis like to play on ARES (as outlined by Joe Stupid earlier in this thread). As such, that piece of garbage which they now try to pass as a legitimate NAP is yet another way to try and score a few easy PR points at the expense of ARES.

It was offered to ARES, as a show of kindness from what I see. This offer was rejected by Barix.

With all this mind I ask the community to see through SLCB/Nemesis cheap attempts at PR for what they truely are. In the end, as has been stated numerous times in this thread, we will all face the consequences of our actions and I'm sure one day they will feel the repercussions of mistreating an alliance in such an unfounded and base manner.

So you support Barix's statement towards Nemesis? I hope you know exactly what you are advocating for here, the disbandment of an alliance. If so, then may UINE and ARES both face the same that they would have offered their enemies in war. I know that Nemesis/SLCB are too good for this though unfortunately D:

Ok, Porky your little attempts to score cheap PR points on ARES has gone on long enough and it's high time I stop this nonesense by explaining a few things.

First of all, let us talk about this supposed grudge ARES has on SLCB and the fact that they had so many 'options' available to them in order to fulfill their treaty obligations. Let me set something straight right here, it was UINE and not ARES who choose to target SLCB. I was the one in communication with Polaris over this particular issue as Barix was away from home and without internet access when this decision was taken. As such given the closeness between our alliances and the fact that the decision had already been taken prior for Valor to ride to war collectively wherever and whenever that was, I gave Polar the confirmation that Valor would be taking on SLCB in support of both UINE's and ARES's MDoAPs.

Now that we have established that it is clear that Barix wasn't the one to decide to declare on SLCB and certainly not Nemesis either, let us continue debunking a few other things... The question arises: Keve69 what about the Vanguard treaty? In all honesty, Vanguard signed with the entire Stickmen bloc a few minutes before their DoW on Polaris, now obviously Vanguard knew that Stickmen were going to declare on a MDoAP partner of ARES, and was any attempt made to alert ARES of this? No. Since Vanguard didn't show either the decency to warn an ally of possible treaty conflict nor that it had placed itself in a position which could potentially stop ARES from honouring it's treaty with one of it's closest partners; I didnt believe there was any reason for ARES or Valor to act in any different way then by the precendent set by Stickmen/Vanguard.

Furthermore, UINE held a PIAT with FCO; did they warn us before declaring on some of our closest allies in the NpO? No they didn't. So basically, FCO and Vanguard set a double precedent which I used as the basis of my decision to tell Polar that we would in fact defend them from SLCB as they had requested. I mean we all realize that this current conflict has the entire treaty web in a jumble and that these things are going to happen, as such I think it would be wise for SLCB and Vanguard to stop their iwanteasyPR-induced outrage over an alleged 'wrong' which they have already commited twice themselves. The fact that they are trying to depict ARES in a bad light here for something they are willing to do themselves not once, but twice, shows a level of hypocrisy which truely blows my hypocriticometer off Bob.

In response to Raphael, he earlier stated that he had suggested numerous other targets through which ARES could honour their obligations to Polar. This is entirely true, however what he isn't saying is that he only suggested these targets once the actual war with SLCB had begun. It was asked that ARES peace out on its war with SLCB, which was enitrely legal and legitimate I remind you, obviously this would have been a terrible PR hit for ARES... to leave the front not even 24 hours after jumping in to protect NpO would have hurt ARES's reputation to such a degree that it truely amazes me that any sensible ally (who is clearly intelligent enough to realize how jumbled the treaty web currently is) as 'considerate' as Vanguard would even suggest it.

Earlier, fun was also poked by Mr. p0rk5ab3r about how ARES had been included in the Valor DoW which I posted, but followed by posting its own anyways. ARES felt that due to it's conflictig treaties in the grander picture of this conflict, it needed to furnish the world with an explanation of its decision... surely no one in their right minds can deny that this was a classy thing to do.

Since you guys seem to be digging everywhere for something to grasp at in your little cheap PR crusade I thought I'd provide you with this: Soda_Cups_Glasses_6.jpg

P.S: Anyone with some fake outrage on their little chests can start directing it my way :P

P.S.S: For the fans of Grimace somewhere out there....

How Keve feel's about this: Too much hypocrisy makes me sick th_DISGUSTKeve.jpg

Pretty good post, so so, kinda long.

no original points (-10), ARESian logic (-10), apparently doesn't understand difference between PIAT & MDP

the artwork is unoriginal, uninspired, unfun.

overall i give it a C+

can we get a tl;dr?