A Somber Note from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

Fixed that for you.

You're reading an awful lot into a strike-through. [ooc]That's how I mark my students' papers irl when they are in need of correction[/ooc].

Archon is well aware that I hold him in extremely high regard and that I consider the acts of his members in their public channel and this forum far beneath him. In my estimation, MK is classy when they act as he directs. Independent of Archon or Azaghul, I haven't seen a lot of class from the general members of MK. Long live the King.

You seem content to judge a whole alliance on the conduct of the few, have you taken any time whatsoever to get to know MK members (and not just the OWF regulars)?...you of all people should know better than to be so judgemental Walker <_<

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have to support Archon for being a gentlemen and apologizing for members who may have broken the boundary of social acceptability and make some taboo statements, I feel that people need to grow thicker skins. In this era of political correctness it's beginning to get far too easy to offend people and the ramifications are getting a bit too ridiculous. Like the children locked in a trunk in my basement say, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".

It went a little beyond the norm of what you would find even on IRC, which is why an apology was issued. They were beyond tasteless, and absolutely barbaric. Believe me I am a believer in the "sticks and stones" mantra but there is such a thing as going too far, and they did it.

While normally I'm in your camp, in this case the apology was totally warranted. Utterly, completely, and entirely. In fact, if they had asked for more, we would have done it unthinkingly. Just...trust me.

From what I know about ya I'll take your word on this. My response was more aimed at what I see as a trend that seems to be growing in the community, even before the \m/ debacle. I totally understand if these folks went that far over the line the need for an apology and your willingness to do so only seems to enforce the good things I've heard about you.

Hmm that came troublesomely close to $@! kissing...

Some people need to keep their mouth shut when they have no understanding of what had taken place.

Words can damage people more the sticks and stones, that little song was made up for kids who at the time did not know any better, I hope people here are not four and five year olds, and can understand that sometimes words can and do hurt.

I appreciate being told to keep my mouth shut but I'll have to take a rain check. Like I said above, this was more a response to what I've seen as a growing trend.

I know many disagree with me but as far as I'm concerned words only have the weight that you attach to them. I've been a long time believer of this. But I also believe that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and that one should always try to remain respectful of other people and their wishes. I just don't feel the need for everyone to be cravenly PC all the time for fear of social repercussions.

EDIT: I don't want to start an argument here just wanted to clarify what I was saying before anyone got too uppity.

Edited by Daikos

In just about every drama that has appeared on the OWF, I have held a different opinion than those posting for MK.MK probably doesn't even care and maybe shouldn't;yet even with this adversarial position, I have looked across the divide and seen a first class alliance and a first class leader. Your action with this post just reinforces my respect for MK and MKers.

Edited by Yggdrazil

From what I know about ya I'll take your word on this. My response was more aimed at what I see as a trend that seems to be growing in the community, even before the \m/ debacle. I totally understand if these folks went that far over the line the need for an apology and your willingness to do so only seems to enforce the good things I've heard about you.

Hmm that came troublesomely close to $@! kissing...

I appreciate being told to keep my mouth shut but I'll have to take a rain check. Like I said above, this was more a response to what I've seen as a growing trend.

I know many disagree with me but as far as I'm concerned words only have the weight that you attach to them. I've been a long time believer of this. But I also believe that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and that one should always try to remain respectful of other people and their wishes. I just don't feel the need for everyone to be cravenly PC all the time for fear of social repercussions.

EDIT: I don't want to start an argument here just wanted to clarify what I was saying before anyone got too uppity.

The whole thing is really a non-issue now, but I would like to point out that verbal injury is a very subjective thing. What stings you is more than likely vastly different from what stings another, and in this case, things were said that severely bothered a very good friend of mine to the point where she was considering quitting the game to avoid things like this. Just because the same statements, if directed at you, wouldn't bother you in the least, you probably cannot pass judgment on the interpretation of those same words by another person.

Just my two cents; like I said, this is a non-issue and MK has been nothing but great in handling it, and for that, the Empire thanks them.

The whole thing is really a non-issue now, but I would like to point out that verbal injury is a very subjective thing. What stings you is more than likely vastly different from what stings another, and in this case, things were said that severely bothered a very good friend of mine to the point where she was considering quitting the game to avoid things like this. Just because the same statements, if directed at you, wouldn't bother you in the least, you probably cannot pass judgment on the interpretation of those same words by another person.

Just my two cents; like I said, this is a non-issue and MK has been nothing but great in handling it, and for that, the Empire thanks them.

I understand entirely. I'm painting with a broad stroke here and not really touching on this issue. [OOC] Not to mention letting my RL beliefs slip in a bit too much [/OOC}

MK deserve no props for doing the minimum of what was required to salve the bitter wounds we opened with our conduct. Good friends may have accepted our apology and moved down the road to forgiveness, but the stain of these events should act as a stain upon our memory, to serve as a reminder that our actions are the tools with which we are to be judged.

/IAA

I would like to thank the members of the two alliances that accepted our apology. OneBallMan is correct - offering an apology for unacceptable behavior should be the norm in a civilized society, not something which is recognized as an unusual action.

I have been known to send my bombers to air-drop chocolates on various nations as a friendship gift, but in the current climate such an operation might be seen as the start of hostilities.

Diplomacy? From MK? Am I hearing this right?

They did win an award for having the Best Diplomatic Team. Along with twenty five others.

Also good to see this resolved. The unnecessary tension that has been shared between IAA and MK really needs to come to an end. Hopefully this will be a step in ensuring that.