New Wonders

Aeternos Astramora

Can I keep my enemy in anarchy for 19 days? Why not? Nukes cost nothing and I'd be fighting the enemy with my allies who would also have free nukes. All of us press the silly button at least once per day and they'll never get out of anarchy. Running out of nukes isn't going to be a problem since out of the about 60 nukes we'd start with would on average hit 36 and during 19 days we could buy a total of 57 nukes if we really felt like we needed them. Out of those 34 would hit. If we wanted to spare our nukes we would hit every 4 days... and be able to purchase even more nukes. We're looking at the enemy spending the rest of eternity in nuclear anarchy I wouldn't even need to use a single brain cell. While they're in anarchy they won't be able to use spies to decom our missiles or do anything else nasty so we win even more. So what are we looking at? A no brainer super weapon that makes soldiers, tanks and spies pretty much useless...

Sounds easy, doesn´t it? For 1, for 3, for 10, for 100, for 300 nations you get what i mean... tracking down dates of war expiring (for continiuos war until 19days at least), having a sufficient warchest to rebuy nukes/airforce (especially when you can´t collect in 19 or have to after 19days to go for another 19days), being able to stay above the 5% mark, buying Mahatten or not. I won´t go in further details as this would reveal to much and if you don´t believe that nuclear warfare is tricky, well.....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fought in my share of wars since the middle of February 2006. I participated in my first nuclear war months before you had even started playing CN and I'm not counting the Citrus War since only two nukes were fired back then. Trust me, it doesn't involve as much strategy as conventional warfare. And you CAN collect during the 19 days if you have to, it all depends on the situation. Arguing about this any further is pointless. Just one more thing: never underestimate others.

I've fought in my share of wars since the middle of February 2006. I participated in my first nuclear war months before you had even started playing CN and I'm not counting the Citrus War since only two nukes were fired back then. Trust me, it doesn't involve as much strategy as conventional warfare. And you CAN collect during the 19 days if you have to, it all depends on the situation. Arguing about this any further is pointless. Just one more thing: never underestimate others.

I don´t underestimate you neither you should me ;) but the strategic aim in conventional war is the same as in nuclear just other methods. The tatical lvl of nuclear war is easier as you have only 1 button to push but the strategical aspect of nuclear warfare is far more effort because you face instant Anarchy/higher losses. I will not talk on a public board about details and i invite you to talk on Gremlins private board (cn-gremlins.com) or IRC (epsernet, #gremlins) about it.

Purchasing nukes still works as it always has, the only difference is that nations with the Manhattan Project can develop nuclear weapons even if they are below the 5% threshold. Those above 5% do not need the wonder. All other existing requirements for nukes will remain in effect.

well i could be wrong, but if a nation went into nuclear war, couldn't it be used so they could still buy nuclear weapons even if attacks caused them to drop below 5% thye could still buy nukes, there fore letting them keep fighting?

well i could be wrong, but if a nation went into nuclear war, couldn't it be used so they could still buy nuclear weapons even if attacks caused them to drop below 5% thye could still buy nukes, there fore letting them keep fighting?

There are two reasons that I see for the MP.

1. If you get knocked out of the top 5% in a war, you could still buy nukes if you're smart and have a warchest.

2. In case future newer nations can "easily" afford the $100 million but aren't very close to the 5% mark.

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

Can admin or anyone clarify this for me, does this wonder allow you to purchase an additional 5 nukes on top of the current 20 nuke cap, or does it just protect 5 of the nukes in your arsenal from spy attacks?

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

Can admin or anyone clarify this for me, does this wonder allow you to purchase an additional 5 nukes on top of the current 20 nuke cap, or does it just protect 5 of the nukes in your arsenal from spy attacks?

It allows you to have up to 25 nukes, with your last five being immune to spies

maybe but how many nation honestly make enough to buy that that are under the 5% of the nations.. 100million isnt a small amount.. it takes a long time to get that for me and im prety high up. i dont think nations under the 5% wil lget that

I can get it in 25 days If I wanted at 4 million a day. Right now I have no pressing need for more nukes since I am maxed out already, so I will buy it maybe in a few months time (depends on political circumstances). I can also push myself over the top 5% if I inflated my strength with military. Right now it sucks up upkeep costs so I don't inflate my strength.

But I think it will come in handy in the future especially when the top 5% becomes richer and richer