New Wonders

Aeternos Astramora

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

I would also request that the Federal Aid Commission requirement for both to have it come off. If this wonder was instead a set of 5 improvements, it would be a different story, but as the FAC is a wonder, only higher-up nations would be able to get it.

As far as surrender terms go, destroying military wonders would probably just be for leadership, if it were really that bad of a situation. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I'd imagine it would be.

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

I would also request that the Federal Aid Commission requirement for both to have it come off. If this wonder was instead a set of 5 improvements, it would be a different story, but as the FAC is a wonder, only higher-up nations would be able to get it.

As far as surrender terms go, destroying military wonders would probably just be for leadership, if it were really that bad of a situation. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I'd imagine it would be.

We currently see destroying military improvements as an alliance wide thing. What makes you think wonders would be any different? If anything it'd be even more strictly enforced due to their higher potency.

Can I be the first (quite probably of many) to say - please remove the requirement that both partners in a trade agreement have the aid commission to get the extra aid.

Pretty please :)

Dear God, no! See Syz's post below for the reason:

this was implemented to make aid more useful for high level nations when assisting each other in battle (because their daily bills are mostly above 3M per day). it was NOT intended to give out even MORE cash from high level nations to low level nations to boost their growth even more.

Perhaps the Federal Aid Commission could be improved not by simply dropping the requirement that both parties have the wonder, but by making it where either part could have the wonder.

Initially, you might say "Well, how could someone take in more than $3 million, if the other person can't send out more than $3 million?" That was my initially thought.

However, I think it would add a nice extra dimension, by allowing those who own one to get a "bonus" on incoming aid by having one.

For example:

Nation A would like to aid Nation B as much money as possible.

Nation A doesn't have the Federal Aid Commission to go above the $3 million, however Nation B does have the Federal Aid Commission.

In this case, Nation A would send out the $3 million allowable, however Nation B would receive the money based on a multiplier (which you would have to make up), let's say 30%, so Nation B actually receives $3.9 million. You could view it as a sort of "exchange rate".

Federal Aid Commission is totally useless, at least for everyone who can actually afford it since just 1.5M extra doesn't make any difference. If it was +500% it might be almost worth considering. At least then people could actually send enough aid for the other nation to pay more than half a day's bills. Other than that the wonders are fine.

Federal Aid Commission is totally useless, at least for everyone who can actually afford it since just 1.5M extra doesn't make any difference. If it was +500% it might be almost worth considering. At least then people could actually send enough aid for the other nation to pay more than half a day's bills. Other than that the wonders are fine.

Dude, 15 million each slot VS 6 = 90 million on aid.

this was implemented to make aid more useful for high level nations when assisting each other in battle (because their daily bills are mostly above 3M per day). it was NOT intended to give out even MORE cash from high level nations to low level nations to boost their growth even more. Both having the Wonder is a good concept, but 50M is almost not worth it, if you save up an own warchest of 50M you might be better off then increasing your aid capacity by 50%. I think 25M would be more then enough (thats 50M total cost after BOTH nations have purchased it).

Although not as popular this is probably the suggestion I'm going to go with. The idea is to open up more foreign aid among the upper level nations who can afford it, not about being able to send more cash to newbs. The price reduction on the wonder is doable.

i disagree, reducing the costs to 25-35M and increasing the effect to +100-200% (6-9M) per slot would make them useful at war to assist each other.

The far better solution would be to make this wonder add +1M per 1000infra you have to your aid capacity per slot (=self adjusting system), but thats another story.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

+1M per 1000 infra would make the wonder almost useful. Right now it gives just +50% which translates to 4.5M total aid per slot. That simply isn't worth it when just infra upkeep is over 6.5M per day with 5 labor camps. Big nations should be able to aid each other instead just sending pocket change.

I think the manhattan project prices are neat, nukes should be really hard to get.

And that the planes thing is alright, if the +10 offense were taken away there would be few point on acquiring it for defensive purposes.

55 aircraft (like most people have) is already tough enough of a defense if you refresh it constantly.

I agree that it should be really hard to get.

With that said, perhaps since there is now an alternative, the original path to being Nuclear capable should be made more difficult. Maybe Top 3-4%, rather than top 5%.

Yes, it's harder percentage wise, however you've got another avenue if you'd prefer it. I think it'd certainly make the Manhattan project more "worth it".

Obviously those already with Nukes could be "grandfathered in".

As I said Aid limits should be done by infra

If I have 8,000 infra, I should be able to receive 8 mil

If i had 4k infra, 4 mil

With a minimum of 3 mil received

This makes reps etc much easier

i disagree, reducing the costs to 25-35M and increasing the effect to +100-200% (6-9M) per slot would make them useful at war to assist each other.

The far better solution would be to make this wonder add +1M per 1000infra you have to your aid capacity per slot (=self adjusting system), but thats another story.

agree :jihad:

Although not as popular this is probably the suggestion I'm going to go with. The idea is to open up more foreign aid among the upper level nations who can afford it, not about being able to send more cash to newbs. The price reduction on the wonder is doable.

If the intent is to help upper tear nations trade with each other I would submit that the wonder instead of just adding 50% to the cap doubling or tripling it.

Makes sense.

Thanks for these admin!

Anti-Air Defense Network - $50,000,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

Nice. I like. Also, don't you mean just Air Defense Network? Anti-Air Defense Network is a double negative... Anti-Defense >_>

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $75,000,000 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 75%. The SDI wonder also requires 3 satellites and 3 missile defenses and those satellites and missile defenses cannot be deleted once the wonder is developed.

VERY NICE. Less successful rouges.

Central Intelligence Agency - $40,000,000 - Increases the number of spies that your nation can support +250 and increases your nation's spy attack strength +10%.

Not bad, not bad, maybe for a later wonder. Also, shouldn't this increase troop efficiency? I mean, the purpose of CIA is to gather intel to help the country and its follower (aka troops).

Federal Aid Commission - $50,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Foreign Aid Commission wonder.

Not too bad although the sender should be the only one to have this. And he should also gain an extra foreign aid slot... that way it might actually be beneficial to himself, not just his allies.

Foreign Air Force Base - $35,000,000 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +10.

Cool. I gotta pick this one up soon.

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

Nice.

Pentagon - $30,000,000 - The Pentagon serves as your nations headquarters for military operations. Increases ground attack battle strength +10%.

Nice but pass until I get to it towards the end of my wonders.

Manhattan Project - $100,000,000 - The Manhattan Project allows nations below 5% of the top nations in the game to develop nuclear weapons. The Manhattan Project cannot be destroyed once it is created. The wonder requires 3,000 infrastructure, 300 technology, and a uranium resource.

Would have been the best wonder if you made this option open for everyone, not just bottom 95%.

Thanks admin. Keep up the good work. Hopefully we also might get some extra improvements.

Edited by AllYourBase

In the initial new wonder topic I saw several people ask, "Will both nations have to have the federal aid comission" and others responded "it would only make sense."

To clarify,

if nation A has the FAC and nation B doesn't.

Nation B can only send nation A aid past the cap?

Listen to this man, as he is a wise man.

This would make this wonder simply brilliant.

Don't expect people to buy it then. Like it or not, it's very rare that a large nation would actually need to send that much money to another large nation. Increasing capacity without a need is relatively pointless.