Jump to content

New Wonders


Aeternos Astramora
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wow, eight new wonders, and since I don't see a thread on this yet, I'm posting.

Anti-Air Defense Network - $50,000,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $75,000,000 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 75%. The SDI wonder also requires 3 satellites and 3 missile defenses and those satellites and missile defenses cannot be deleted once the wonder is developed.

Central Intelligence Agency - $40,000,000 - Increases the number of spies that your nation can support +250 and increases your nation's spy attack strength +10%.

Federal Aid Commission - $50,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Foreign Aid Commission wonder.

Foreign Air Force Base - $35,000,000 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +10.

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

Pentagon - $30,000,000 - The Pentagon serves as your nations headquarters for military operations. Increases ground attack battle strength +10%.

Manhattan Project - $100,000,000 - The Manhattan Project allows nations below 5% of the top nations in the game to develop nuclear weapons. The Manhattan Project cannot be destroyed once it is created. The wonder requires 3,000 infrastructure, 300 technology, and a uranium resource.

I only have a question about whether each nuke would also require a uranium resource. All of these are military wonders with the exception of the Federal Aid Commission, which is kind of useless unless everybody gets them.

I think that the Manhattan Project, Foreign Air Force Base, Strategic Defense Initiative, and Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo are the important ones here.

Edit: I also noticed three new symbols to search for Wars, Foreign Aid, and Exposed Spy Operations in the Alliance Affiliation section. That's neat.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchasing nukes still works as it always has, the only difference is that nations with the Manhattan Project can develop nuclear weapons even if they are below the 5% threshold. Those above 5% do not need the wonder. All other existing requirements for nukes will remain in effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $75,000,000 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 75%. The SDI wonder also requires 3 satellites and 3 missile

are you sure you mean "BY" 75%? that would be only a remaining chance of 25% which is pretty weak for a nuke that costs 1.5M -> shouldnt it be said "TO" 75%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A nuke rogue who planned months ahead to get the 3 wonders related to nukes could really do a ton of damage.

The federal Aid Commission is not very useful if it only works between nations that both have one. Normally nations high enough to get a wonder would be unlikely to be aiding each other. I think the requirement that the recipient has to have one should be dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of those look awesome. except one

Federal Aid Commission wont really help aid trains at all. It should only need the sender to have it.

My thoughts exactly. Larger nations don't want to send aid to other large nations - they want to send out aid offers to nations who need it (tech trading, alliance members at war, etc.) If the wonder stays the way it is, very, very few will buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Federal Aid Commission - $50,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Foreign Aid Commission wonder.

Are these the same?

At any rate, drop the requirement for the recipient to have one, or make an improvement to work with it. Most nations, once they get to the size to buy a $50mill wonder don't need to worry about getting an extra $9 million every ten days.

Edited by Jwetzel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

are you sure you mean "BY" 75%? that would be only a remaining chance of 25% which is pretty weak for a nuke that costs 1.5M -> shouldnt it be said "TO" 75%?

This is one I tossed around quite a bit. Thwarted nuke attacks do not count against the one nuke per day rule so the attacker will be able to attempt a successful nuclear attack as much as he wants. Basically the enemy can still nuke you (given that he is lucky by 25%) at the risk of his nuclear arsenal that he can only rebuild by purchasing 1 nuke per day. The percentage can be reduced if necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

what happens if a person with the manhattan project, that has uranium via trade with other person cancells that trade?

edit:

And seriously, pentagon anc Central Intelligence Agency?

What if i want my nation to have the KGB instead of the CIA?

¬¬

Edited by deSouza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Purchasing nukes still works as it always has, the only difference is that nations with the Manhattan Project can develop nuclear weapons even if they are below the 5% threshold. Those above 5% do not need the wonder. All other existing requirements for nukes will remain in effect.

Do you think you will be developing any new improvements in the future? As everyone's infra is expanding it would make it far more exciting for the larger nations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one I tossed around quite a bit. Thwarted nuke attacks do not count against the one nuke per day rule so the attacker will be able to attempt a successful nuclear attack as much as he wants. Basically the enemy can still nuke you (given that he is lucky by 25%) at the risk of his nuclear arsenal that he can only rebuild by purchasing 1 nuke per day. The percentage can be reduced if necessary.

I don't know if the SDI would be worth 75 million if the percentage was reduced too much. Plus this makes the game a lot more fun. More conventional warfare rather than people just hitting the easy button. Allows for a lot more strategy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with Fluoroalien. In my opinion requiring the receiving nation to also have a Federal Aid wonder almost makes it nearly worthless, as the only real thing it would be good for is alliance "bank" nations to move money around.

In the initial new wonder topic I saw several people ask, "Will both nations have to have the federal aid comission" and others responded "it would only make sense."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, eight new wonders, and since I don't see a thread on this yet, I'm posting.

Anti-Air Defense Network - $50,000,000 - Reduces odds of incoming aircraft attacks against your nation -25%. Reduces aircraft attack damages against your nation -10%.

Neat. Should be a way to counter this though, as an attacker, to balance it out.

Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $75,000,000 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 75%. The SDI wonder also requires 3 satellites and 3 missile defenses and those satellites and missile defenses cannot be deleted once the wonder is developed.

Eh. Higher-tiered nations pretty much rely on nukes to duke it out and actually make an impact on infrastructure. 75% reduction in success is waaay to high, even if this was a reasonable wonder. Plus, you'd have to include another way to make nuking someone more effective to counter.

Central Intelligence Agency - $40,000,000 - Increases the number of spies that your nation can support +250 and increases your nation's spy attack strength +10%.

I like.

Federal Aid Commission - $50,000,000 - Raises the cap on foreign money aid +50% provided that the foreign aid recipient also has a Foreign Aid Commission wonder.

Na, if you paid 50 million to be able to send out aid, it shouldn't matter what the receiving nation has in order to get that added 50%. Good idea. Lose the last half.

Foreign Air Force Base - $35,000,000 - Raises the aircraft limit +20 for your nation and increases the number of aircraft that can be sent in each attack mission +10.

Nice concept, but maybe lose the +10 for attack mission. I like the idea of having a reserve aircraft cache, though.

Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - $30,000,000 - Allows your nation to develop +5 nuclear missiles that cannot be destroyed in spy attacks.

I have a similar idea with this with submarines in the naval discussion topic. Not bad.

Pentagon - $30,000,000 - The Pentagon serves as your nations headquarters for military operations. Increases ground attack battle strength +10%.

Maybe.

Manhattan Project - $100,000,000 - The Manhattan Project allows nations below 5% of the top nations in the game to develop nuclear weapons. The Manhattan Project cannot be destroyed once it is created. The wonder requires 3,000 infrastructure, 300 technology, and a uranium resource.

Too expensive, and because of the tech increase it should require more tech, rather than money. But I'm all for a method of the non-top 5% nations obtaining nukes. Maybe, stipulate that if using the Manhattan Project, nukes are more expensive, and then make it destroyable if you reach the top 5%.

Overall, it's a neat list, although implementing a majority of those would cause a major war shift for the larger nations. I like keeping the national wonders as a primarily economic booster.

j/k: Homeland Security - $5,000,000,000 - Reduce population happiness -10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the initial new wonder topic I saw several people ask, "Will both nations have to have the federal aid comission" and others responded "it would only make sense." The requirement for the recipient to have the wonder can be dropped if necearry.

Please. I don't see how it would make any sense at all for both to need it since large nations rarely aid each other.

Edit-

Eh. Higher-tiered nations pretty much rely on nukes to duke it out and actually make an impact on infrastructure. 75% reduction in success is waaay to high, even if this was a reasonable wonder. Plus, you'd have to include another way to make nuking someone more effective to counter.

75% is a lot, however, keep in mind that if the nuke is not successful, the attacker can still launch another one that same day until a successful one DOES hit.

Edited by Magicman657
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one I tossed around quite a bit. Thwarted nuke attacks do not count against the one nuke per day rule so the attacker will be able to attempt a successful nuclear attack as much as he wants. Basically the enemy can still nuke you (given that he is lucky by 25%) at the risk of his nuclear arsenal that he can only rebuild by purchasing 1 nuke per day. The percentage can be reduced if necessary.

ah okay. well in that case i suggest to make it 50/50 at least. basically nuclear armed nations face a really high economic penalty (at 6k+ infra thats around 1 million lower tax because of the lost happyness, environment and removal of uranium-income bonus when building nuclear weapons) + you invest ~15million cash to stockpile 20 nukes. All this for a 25% chance to anarchy someone who can just sit the main effect (economic loss) out by not collecting tax is almost not worth it any more. It would remove 75% of the deterrent of nuclear weaponry, which leaving smaller alliances or unaligned nations with almost no chance of creating a deterrent against outnumbering opponents. Please think about these values, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the manhattan project prices are neat, nukes should be really hard to get.

And that the planes thing is alright, if the +10 offense were taken away there would be few point on acquiring it for defensive purposes.

55 aircraft (like most people have) is already tough enough of a defense if you refresh it constantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the initial new wonder topic I saw several people ask, "Will both nations have to have the federal aid comission" and others responded "it would only make sense."

Obviously this is at your discretion, and also will depend on how others reply further into the thread, and maybe I'm being short-sighted, but I think the largest benefit for a nation would be without the requirement for the receiving nation. As far as I've seen most aid deals from larger nations are to smaller nations that can't afford wonders just yet. I honestly can't see a large benefit to having a requirement for the receiving nation, though I suppose that may not have been the intent either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the initial new wonder topic I saw several people ask, "Will both nations have to have the federal aid comission" and others responded "it would only make sense."

Well I'm going to argue that aid slots are really stupid. Rather than increasing the slot limit via a wonder, the more efficient thing is to just get rid of them.

Also, I notice you made it so you can't destroy the manhattan project. That's a very good first step. The arguments for doing so were good (surrender forcing someone to destroy it and putting them a month behind). But realize, in a surrender, terms would likely be Destroy all military wonders, which puts almost all of the new wonders in the same situation.

I'd highly recommend either making all wonders unable to be destroyed, or going with the wonder slots idea I proposed in the original wonders topic. (I'd obviously prefer the second but... >_>)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this was implemented to make aid more useful for high level nations when assisting each other in battle (because their daily bills are mostly above 3M per day). it was NOT intended to give out even MORE cash from high level nations to low level nations to boost their growth even more. Both having the Wonder is a good concept, but 50M is almost not worth it, if you save up an own warchest of 50M you might be better off then increasing your aid capacity by 50%. I think 25M would be more then enough (thats 50M total cost after BOTH nations have purchased it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...