Trashcat's Corner: A Single Tear Shed, For He Did So Love Planet Bob

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never get the credit I deserve.

Actually that's not true. My cards make this publication.

AND STUMPY, I WANT CREDIT. YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME TO MAKE CARDS. I DID IT ON MY OWN.

You don't get credit until you make up for all the cards you didn't make for previous trashcat corners.

In the end, the saddest part about this conflict is how easily it could have been avoided. Had any of those involved thought for a second about their allies they could have ended this whole mess with just a few words. If anyone involved had just let their egos go for 5 seconds all of this could have been avoided and you wouldn’t see allies preparing to oppose allies. But instead egotistical men got the better of good alliances and now we find ourselves on the edge of a global war that no one really wants to fight. I hope you are all proud of yourselves because the rational few only feel disappointment.

Wrong. This could have all been avoided on January 12th when Sparta Notified Rebel_Lead3r of FoA, also the Leader of FoA, and he simply found a protectorate earlier. Then the tech raidings performed on the FoA would not have happened. Then this war would have not happened. So on and so forth.

Silly Rebel, mistakes cause mass, global wars. :D

Also, you comic was absolutely !@#$@#$ hilarious and priceless.

We have a winner. This has been a perfect storm of events that has brought this situation upon many of us. Ronin only has 4 treaties. 1 Ally we are their only treaty. 2 of our allies are allied to each other. And one is allied to both as well. And yet some how we could still be trapped in the middle. That is how you know this situation is screwed up.

EDIT: I don't know if that made sense....that is how messed up it is.

Overall the sides have lined up pretty much exactly as I expected them to, even among those finding themselves treated to the other side.

I have never placed much faith in the treaty web, especially in light of how often the words of the treaties are disregarded when push comes to shove amongst many in the Cyberverse.

Wrong. This could have all been avoided on January 12th when Sparta Notified Rebel_Lead3r of FoA, also the Leader of FoA, and he simply found a protectorate earlier. Then the tech raidings performed on the FoA would not have happened. Then this war would have not happened. So on and so forth.

Silly Rebel, mistakes cause mass, global wars. :D

Also, you comic was absolutely !@#$@#$ hilarious and priceless.

Ok, so that was one way it could have been avoided. Follow that up with 12 more situations where this nonsense could have stopped and youll begin to see my point.

Overall the sides have lined up pretty much exactly as I expected them to, even among those finding themselves treated to the other side.

I have never placed much faith in the treaty web, especially in light of how often the words of the treaties are disregarded when push comes to shove amongst many in the Cyberverse.

I see the treaty web used less as a commitment to common defense (as it should be) and more an excuse to dogpile opportunistically. We can hope that the current altercation might change that, though. (Yeah, right.) Apparently it's not all that hard to come up with other excuses. ;)

Are my questions not valid? What would I do in your situation? Well for one if I belonged to a bloc that took precedence over all other treaties I don't think I would sign any outside treaties with mandatory clauses in them. You do understand mandatory right?

I am not telling you guys what to do, I believe in Sovereignty first and foremost. This Awkward War is pointing out major deficiencies in the way this world goes about its Treaty business.

In answer to your question about STA I can only surmise as I am not leadership but my guess is we would follow our treaties and defend the first one that needs defense? Am I right Uhtred?

You did not actually answer any of Tolkien's questions.

The biggest problem with this war is up until this moment, none of us ever imagined we'd be on opposite sides. It seemed pretty cohesive up until this specific incident.

Pfft. I told Sunstar this "side" was going up in flames three weeks ago after some specific incidents. When people get told to shut up and put adise their issues to keep an uneasy loose future coalition, it's never going to get off the ground regardless. Good luck, CoJ sat down and shut up for everyone when something was important to us, looks like it was the waste I knew it was.

Edited by Schattenmann

You did not actually answer any of Tolkien's questions.

Let it rest. This thread is about how Trashcat and how NEW totally doesn't have an MADP with Polar anymore. If anything, his posts completely back up my point that there is no right or easy decision for CnG at the moment.

Did you know NEW doesn't have an MADP with Polar? I sure didn't.

The biggest problem with this war is up until this moment, none of us ever imagined we'd be on opposite sides. It seemed pretty cohesive up until this specific incident.

For future reference: treaties that extend between blocs (or spheres of influence for that matter) never work. They're either delaying tactics (for the realpolitik crowd) or severe errors in judgment (for the idealists out there).

You cannot serve two masters.