Trashcat's Corner: A Single Tear Shed, For He Did So Love Planet Bob

edit: You did leave out one thing in the king of purple segment though. The part when you stabbed your MDoAP ally STA in the back. I guess the truth makes for crappy propaganda.

The moment CnG declares war on STA and/or Polaris and/or our other allies, please, by all means, screech it to the high heavens. Until the treaty is activated (the chances of which are slim to none) this war, I would kindly cease and desist your (infamous) trolling. You apparently have no idea what the general membership of CnG feels about this, have no clue as to our actual policy or intentions, and have no vested interest in this war. Until you do, I advise you to shut up, as you're simply making yourself look bad. Although, considering your notoriety around these parts, I suppose that's already a non-issue.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment CnG declares war on STA and/or Polaris and/or our other allies, please, by all means, screech it to the high heavens. Until the treaty is activated (the chances of which are slim to none) this war, I would kindly cease and desist your (infamous) trolling. You apparently have no idea what the general membership of CnG feels about this, have no clue as to our actual policy or intentions, and have no vested interest in this war. Until you do, I advise you to shut up, as you're simply making yourself look bad. Although, considering your notoriety around these parts, I suppose that's already a non-issue.

Well now you don't quite look at the issue fully either. I don't think anyone thinks CnG is going to declare on STA or Polar but what happens if someone attacks in reprisal for our attacks on iFOK and FCO? What then? Do CnG alliances have to get approval from other CnG alliances before going to war?

Well now you don't quite look at the issue fully either. I don't think anyone thinks CnG is going to declare on STA or Polar but what happens if someone attacks in reprisal for our attacks on iFOK and FCO? What then? Do CnG alliances have to get approval from other CnG alliances before going to war?

CnG rolls together: as an MADP bloc, C&G supercedes all other treaties, for better or for worse. That much is a given. Beyond that, we can't really say much at all. We're in a terrible position. We've got allies on both sides and, as a result, we've got this giant cluster@#$% of a mess that's tearing at us. We'll burn that bridge when we come to it, because it really depends. If it's one of our allies: we're not going to attack them. The same goes for \m/'s side as well. Were one of our other allies to attack iFOK or Stickmen, there isn't going to be an intervention.

Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for CnG all around. The only possible way we could be consistent would be to fight a third front against everyone attacking our allies. While it's tempting, I don't think we could quite pull it off.

CnG rolls together: as an MADP bloc, C&G supercedes all other treaties, for better or for worse. That much is a given. Beyond that, we can't really say much at all. We're in a terrible position. We've got allies on both sides and, as a result, we've got this giant cluster@#$% of a mess that's tearing at us. We'll burn that bridge when we come to it, because it really depends. If it's one of our allies: we're not going to attack them. The same goes for \m/'s side as well. Were one of our other allies to attack iFOK or Stickmen, there isn't going to be an intervention.

Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for CnG all around. The only possible way we could be consistent would be to fight a third front against everyone attacking our allies. While it's tempting, I don't think we could quite pull it off.

Wow, wonderful, this will make all the MD's of CnG alliances that are not in CnG to feel all warm and cozy. So basically CnG nullifies any MD treaty that any CnG alliances signs with an alliance not of CnG? Why do you guys sign them then? You should have nothing but OD treaties with alliances outside of CnG.

Wow, wonderful, this will make all the MD's of CnG alliances that are not in CnG to feel all warm and cozy. So basically CnG nullifies any MD treaty that any CnG alliances signs with an alliance not of CnG? Why do you guys sign them then? You should have nothing but OD treaties with alliances outside of CnG.

Again, how do you expect us to honor them all? Do you expect us to open up the aforementioned third front? What would you do in our situation? What do you want us to do? What would STA do if all of their MD(oA) treaty partners were in a brawling match with one another?

Edited by Tolkien

Both Polaris and \m/ are still wailing on each other, as stubborn as can be, and now their allies will almost assuredly suffer for it.

Everyone has been wanting war for ages - who the hell is suffering?

Putting ideological stuff of both sides aside, can I just congratulate \m/ and NpO for finally starting a decent war? Thanks :awesome:

Again, how do you expect us to honor them all? Do you expect us to open up the aforementioned third front? What would you do in our situation? What do you want us to do? What would STA do if all of their MD(oA) treaty partners were in a brawling match with one another?

Are my questions not valid? What would I do in your situation? Well for one if I belonged to a bloc that took precedence over all other treaties I don't think I would sign any outside treaties with mandatory clauses in them. You do understand mandatory right?

I am not telling you guys what to do, I believe in Sovereignty first and foremost. This Awkward War is pointing out major deficiencies in the way this world goes about its Treaty business.

In answer to your question about STA I can only surmise as I am not leadership but my guess is we would follow our treaties and defend the first one that needs defense? Am I right Uhtred?

Edited by HeinousOne

Our treaties don't chain. We can't expect anything from any of our allies here apart from not hitting us directly.

If they do that we will seriously consider sending them a strongly-worded letter and maybe put a demerit in their file.

More on topic: congrats on having generated some more text, Stumpy.

The only possible way we could be consistent would be to fight a third front against everyone attacking our allies. While it's tempting, I don't think we could quite pull it off.

Please do this. It would make for an interesting situation to say the least.

Everyone has been wanting war for ages - who the hell is suffering?

Putting ideological stuff of both sides aside, can I just congratulate \m/ and NpO for finally starting a decent war? Thanks :awesome:

Whilst it would be convenient to put ideologies aside, that doesn't appear to be what is happening. But you are right, someone did something and now everyone gets to ride the bus again. Good times?

@ Alterego - Our treaties with STA are non-chaining Im afraid so that argument falls flat. This war has made a lot of allies end up on the "opposite" side of each other and thats definitely no good, but at the same time, there is nothing to be done about it. Like I said, we all have been put in a very awkward position by the people who started this conflict and that's something we will have to live with. I imagine well have a long talk and group hug with STA after this war ends to start patching over all the things that went wrong in this conflict thus far. Lord knows, we still hold nothing but respect and love for our Siberian friends. :wub:

@ Alterego - Our treaties with STA are non-chaining Im afraid so that argument falls flat. This war has made a lot of allies end up on the "opposite" side of each other and thats definitely no good, but at the same time, there is nothing to be done about it. Like I said, we all have been put in a very awkward position by the people who started this conflict and that's something we will have to live with. I imagine well have a long talk and group hug with STA after this war ends to start patching over all the things that went wrong in this conflict thus far. Lord knows, we still hold nothing but respect and love for our Siberian friends. :wub:

Good luck with that. As someone who has seen various allies be on opposite sides in pretty much every war, things aren't always as peachy after with the ones who feel like they were left out to dry. Sometimes they are, but for the most part they aren't, so I truly do wish you all the best, and hopefully people will take the direction FOK did and try to clear up their FA.

Good luck with that. As someone who has seen various allies be on opposite sides in pretty much every war, things aren't always as peachy after with the ones who feel like they were left out to dry. Sometimes they are, but for the most part they aren't, so I truly do wish you all the best, and hopefully people will take the direction FOK did and try to clear up their FA.

The biggest problem with this war is up until this moment, none of us ever imagined we'd be on opposite sides. It seemed pretty cohesive up until this specific incident.

The biggest problem with this war is up until this moment, none of us ever imagined we'd be on opposite sides. It seemed pretty cohesive up until this specific incident.

We have a winner. This has been a perfect storm of events that has brought this situation upon many of us. Ronin only has 4 treaties. 1 Ally we are their only treaty. 2 of our allies are allied to each other. And one is allied to both as well. And yet some how we could still be trapped in the middle. That is how you know this situation is screwed up.

EDIT: I don't know if that made sense....that is how messed up it is.

Edited by AirMe

Thats actually pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

OOC: Whos stats is your avatar looking at?

Oh \m/, such warmongers. :v: And while I'm posting, may as well say it was an enjoyable read, I've really liked the last couple ones you've put out.

OOC: I can't be certain, but it looks like NPO's from Karma.

Oh \m/, such warmongers. :v: And while I'm posting, may as well say it was an enjoyable read, I've really liked the last couple ones you've put out.

OOC: I can't be certain, but it looks like NPO's from Karma.

Yeah I thought NPO as well. But I guess I was confused as to why Alterego was wearing propaganda of anti-NPO nature.