Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='Sword of Estel' date='18 June 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1276874866' post='2341920']
I would check with the IT department at your Uni and check in with your parent's ISP to see if both operate with dynamic IPs and ask if there is any option to secure a stable IP.
[/quote]

Checked; it's a static IP

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='17 June 2010 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1276813414' post='2341087']
This is probably a problem on my end, but I don't really know.

Every day, the first time I try to post (using Fast Reply), I get the following message:
[img]http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/TheGhux/Picture1-1.png[/img]
I continue to get the same message every time until I refresh the page of the topic I am viewing.
[/quote]
That appears to be the fix for it actually.

[quote name='admin' date='17 June 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1276819664' post='2341208']
The forums now require the IP address of your session ID to match your current IP address. It sounds like both of you are on dynamic IP addresses and the forums are requiring you to relogin each time your IP address changes. Ghuxalia, I suspect this is your problem as well. Since this is an important security feature to prevent session hijacking (sadly, we had an incident like this recently) the only thing you can do is get use to relogging in or find an ISP that offers more stable IP addresses.
[/quote]

I think it's session based as well. For example, yesterday, I opened two threads in tabs in my internet browser. While I was reading the first one, my internet crashed (it does that) and I when I went to post, I had been logged out. I then relogged in to the window that the first thread was in and posted my response. When I went to post in the second, I got the warning image that TheGhux posted. When I hit the "back" button and refreshed, I got the response to post properly. I have a dynamic IP, but it's not [i]that[/i] dynamic (it doesn't change in 5 minutes). I suspect that my having to log back into the forums is what triggered the warning in this case.

Edited by Duncan King

hi i have tryed to update my profile by adding my TE nation name and TE alliance, but when i finished typing it in and after clicking save changes it brings me back to the top and says "security key invalad" so i cant seem to update my profile...also while i am looking through the forums nearly every other time i click a forum it automatically logs me off.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='17 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1276813414' post='2341087']
This is probably a problem on my end, but I don't really know.

Every day, the first time I try to post (using Fast Reply), I get the following message:
[img]http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/TheGhux/Picture1-1.png[/img]
I continue to get the same message every time until I refresh the page of the topic I am viewing.
[/quote]
This is [i]really[/i] frustrating.

Right now, HHYAD supposedly quoted my post. I find this feature useful. But sadly, HHYAD did not quote me. :/

This bug keeps occuring and it gets annoying. Officer also "quoted" me, but the quote never appeared.

And BTW, there were no edits on their post.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='11 July 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1278875694' post='2367122']
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling (since this happened to me) it involves them clicking the reply button on your post and then deleting the text.

Not positive, but worth checking out.
[/quote]
Pretty sure this is it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='23 July 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1279914458' post='2386427']
Quote Notification Bug:

I have a bug to report. If HHYAD ever posts after me, it says he is quoting me. This is only for him and it has happened multiple times. I just wanted to report it.
[/quote]
What's happening probably is he hits the 'quote' button, then in the reply simply erases your text.

[quote name='admin' date='17 June 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1276819664' post='2341208']
The forums now require the IP address of your session ID to match your current IP address. It sounds like both of you are on dynamic IP addresses and the forums are requiring you to relogin each time your IP address changes. Ghuxalia, I suspect this is your problem as well. Since this is an important security feature to prevent session hijacking (sadly, we had an incident like this recently) the only thing you can do is get use to relogging in or find an ISP that offers more stable IP addresses.
[/quote]

I sometimes get this without changing IPs. I got one of those "must relogin" just in the last week....

According to my logs, I've had the same IP address since Jun 16 19:40:28. (That's around 37 days.)

Although, tbh, I don't get it *that* much. Most often when my browser implodes.

And the "security code does not match" one, I almost never get. (Except when I left an edit tab open all night, then finally clicked on the submit button sometime the next day.)

Edited by Sakura

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1276819664' post='2341208']
[/quote]

This is not the case for the security key problem. I've had this problem despite logging out and logging in several times within a timespan of a minute. Dynamic IPs do not change every time you load a page, no traffic would ever get back to you. Typically dynamic IPs only change when you disconnect or reconnect to the Internet or when a DHCP lease runs out which could be anywhere from a day to six months. This is a higher layer problem. I sometimes am simply unable to post messages as refreshing, relogging in, even closing my browser and reloading the site entirely leaves me with the same problem. Also, due to another security key error, I can not add an avatar. At all.

[quote name='LucasSnow' timestamp='1279927631' post='2386686']
I get that message every time I try to vote on an poll on the CN forums. Even when I hit null vote, so I can't even see the results.
[/quote]

Still getting this problem, on every single poll on the forums, and I've yet to receive any information on contact about it.

I randomly get logged off at times, yes I do however log on at multiple IP addresses, but I am currently at one IP address and sometimes while viewing the forums, it just randomly logs me off when i change a page.

ANother thing that would be great is increase the file size of the avatars because 50kb is mad tiny.

I have a lot of trouble trying to upload my new avatar:

Here is what I wanted:

[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6046/reallyg.png[/img]

Here is what still stands even though I don't want it anymore:

[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4106/really2.png[/img]

I tried restarting my computer, but that didn't help.

Edited by HHAYD

I get the same thing.

Here is the fix: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/314296-members-tab-going-to-messenger-or-online-list/

In the Manage Apps on the System Tab in the ACP, try reordering where Members is and that [i]should[/i] correct it.

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1281630511' post='2412818']
I get the same thing.

Here is the fix: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/314296-members-tab-going-to-messenger-or-online-list/

In the Manage Apps on the System Tab in the ACP, try reordering where Members is and that [i]should[/i] correct it.
[/quote]
Thanks for the link to the fix. It's fixed.