Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='05 June 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1275787621' post='2325490']
I know it's a special email because it's admin, but it's not a new "personal conversation."
[/quote]
You received a PM from it, therefore it considers it a conversation. You can adjust what notifications result in a simple notification, a PM, a email, or nothing at all on the link on the bottom of that message.

As for everything else, I'm working on it.

[quote name='Vivi' date='05 June 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1275789876' post='2325555']
CleanCut should be good now.

It's going to take some time for me to fix the TE skin. It may be unusable for a while.
[/quote]
I still don't see Clear Cut from the skin chooser. :(

[quote name='Diablofan' date='06 June 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1275800480' post='2325843']
I still don't see Clear Cut from the skin chooser. :(
[/quote]
Check again.

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, I may just fail at locating the correct options, but I have looked so here goes.

I recently got an email notification for someone quoting my post, I turn all email notifications off expect for private messages (and admin mails of course) so this kind of surprised me. I hit my preferences and as near as I can tell I should not receive email notifications for someone quoting me. This is the first time I've received an email notification for quoted posts (hell I didn't even know it was an option.) Is this a bug or is there a toggle I've missed somewhere?

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='06 June 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1275864440' post='2326888']
Not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, I may just fail at locating the correct options, but I have looked so here goes.

I recently got an email notification for someone quoting my post, I turn all email notifications off expect for private messages (and admin mails of course) so this kind of surprised me. I hit my preferences and as near as I can tell I should not receive email notifications for someone quoting me. This is the first time I've received an email notification for quoted posts (hell I didn't even know it was an option.) Is this a bug or is there a toggle I've missed somewhere?
[/quote]

This doesn't appear to be a bug because I got these type of notifications as well on another site that uses IP.Board 3.1. I believe it is controlled by an admin setting. If possible can the setting be changed so the members can decide if they want to receive them by email from their user control panel? I mean, the setting exists in there, but it's just grayed out. =\

Well I just got another one when you quoted me, doubled checked my pref's in http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications it's definitely disabled. Is there another setting I'm missing?

Edit for clarity:

There is actually a setting "Notify me when someone quotes my posts" Not only is it unchecked, the box is grayed out and I couldn't enable it even if I wanted to (Please note, I don't :P)

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='06 June 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1275864440' post='2326888']

[/quote]
This has been fixed.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=42003

This guy has no name?

Edit: Looks like it may be something to do with the "Log in using facebook / log in using twitter" options you get when signed out.

Edited by citizenkane

[quote name='citizenkane' date='07 June 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1275943809' post='2328102']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=42003

This guy has no name?

Edit: Looks like it may be something to do with the "Log in using facebook / log in using twitter" options you get when signed out.
[/quote]
That is very... odd.

I'll look into it.

I know I'm not the only one with this issue, but I think I'm the first to encounter in on Firefox 3.6.3, and also to have it happen sporadically; cookies and cache have been cleared multiple times (and the cache is auto-wiped every time I close FF)

However, at seemingly random intervals (does not correlate with browser closing, computer shut-downs or anything else I can think of), despite the "Remember Me" box being ticked, I occasionally have to re-log myself in again. For me, this is just inconvenient (courtesy of FF's ability to remember passwords), but it would be frustrating for others. And I also don't like things that don't work the way they're intended to work (OCD anyone?)

I also tick the "Sign Me In Anonymously" box, if that helps

Edited by Chee Auer

This is probably a problem on my end, but I don't really know.

Every day, the first time I try to post (using Fast Reply), I get the following message:
[img]http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/TheGhux/Picture1-1.png[/img]
I continue to get the same message every time until I refresh the page of the topic I am viewing.

[quote name='Chee Auer' date='15 June 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1276594690' post='2338099']
I know I'm not the only one with this issue, but I think I'm the first to encounter in on Firefox 3.6.3, and also to have it happen sporadically; cookies and cache have been cleared multiple times (and the cache is auto-wiped every time I close FF)

However, at seemingly random intervals (does not correlate with browser closing, computer shut-downs or anything else I can think of), despite the "Remember Me" box being ticked, I occasionally have to re-log myself in again. For me, this is just inconvenient (courtesy of FF's ability to remember passwords), but it would be frustrating for others. And I also don't like things that don't work the way they're intended to work (OCD anyone?)

I also tick the "Sign Me In Anonymously" box, if that helps
[/quote]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='15 June 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1276598788' post='2338121']
Every morning I have to sign myself back into the forums, regardless if my little box is ticked, Every morning when I click view new posts right after signing in again I get zero new posts?

I'm using firefox 3/6/3
[/quote]

The forums now require the IP address of your session ID to match your current IP address. It sounds like both of you are on dynamic IP addresses and the forums are requiring you to relogin each time your IP address changes. Ghuxalia, I suspect this is your problem as well. Since this is an important security feature to prevent session hijacking (sadly, we had an incident like this recently) the only thing you can do is get use to relogging in or find an ISP that offers more stable IP addresses.

[quote name='admin' date='18 June 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1276819664' post='2341208']
The forums now require the IP address of your session ID to match your current IP address. It sounds like both of you are on dynamic IP addresses and the forums are requiring you to relogin each time your IP address changes. Ghuxalia, I suspect this is your problem as well. Since this is an important security feature to prevent session hijacking (sadly, we had an incident like this recently) the only thing you can do is get use to relogging in or find an ISP that offers more stable IP addresses.
[/quote]

How would I check this, just to confirm that this is the problem? I use one ISP at my parents' house and another at Uni, so I'm somewhat curious. And one is a wired connection too

[quote name='Sword of Estel' date='18 June 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1276874866' post='2341920']
I would check with the IT department at your Uni and check in with your parent's ISP to see if both operate with dynamic IPs and ask if there is any option to secure a stable IP.
[/quote]

Sorry, that should have read "in the house that I rent while I'm at Uni during term-time". Will look into it (although, considering this is only mildly annoying and it probably would take a lot of effort to find this out, I may not bother)

Regardless, thanks guys!

[quote name='admin' date='18 June 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1276819664' post='2341208']
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you just hit the nail on the head, I am on a dynamic ip, so that is most likely the problem. I'm sure sky charge to have a static ip here, so I will just suffer having to re-log back in every once and a while. It's not a major issue I was just wondering.

P.S I'm surprised that many others that are sky users have not noticed this or reported this before, as dynamic ip's are more frequent to have than static ip's.

What I mean is that if I try to post a youtube link, the [media] tag automatically shows up. I don't put it there. If I try to erase it, it comes back.

also, it makes the link unclickable so you have to copy/paste and with the [media] tags around it it makes it harder to do so

Edited by Sargun