Report Forum Issues Here

admin

First, yet another case of secure key errors.

Second, for reasons unknown I do not have permission to vote in polls (though I can post as fine as is possible with the secure key errors)

[quote name='Zessa' timestamp='1294710848' post='2571581']

Second, for reasons unknown I do not have permission to vote in polls (though I can post as fine as is possible with the secure key errors)
[/quote]
What browser are you using?

[quote name='Zessa' timestamp='1294710848' post='2571581']

[/quote]
Both of these seem to be almost random occurrences, though the former is often exacerbated by taking a long time to post, and the latter by not posting in the topic before voting. Avoiding those factors decrease the likelihood of such bugs occurring.

[quote name='Xellos' timestamp='1294711638' post='2571597']
What browser are you using?
[/quote]
Firefox, and right after this the polls issue stopped altogether. Thanks, mods! ^_^

I'm also getting the secure key error. Got a screenshot if you want it, but it's the same as everyone elses. It seems to only come up when I use the fast reply at the bottom, instead of going through the posting screen itself. I'll have to look more into that though. When I hit back and try again it usually works.

Also a lot of my members reported not being able to vote in the polls, obviously this isn't my issue, but you may want to look into that.

[quote name='Mongol Federation' timestamp='1295937157' post='2599210']
I'm not allowed to look at profiles, my own included.
[/quote]
We had to disable some features temporarily around update due to the large influx of activity.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a screenshot of what I get on every single page when browsing the forums.

[img]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t251/Papa_Oddjob/Untitled-23.png[/img]

I get this everywhere I go, not just certain parts of the forum. I use the latest version of Firefox.

Edited by oddjob

On the default forum skin, IP.Board, there appears to be no way to easily access the members list. The "Members" tab on the CleanCut skin links to the members list at URL [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list[/url]; on the default skin, however, the tab's link is [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members[/url] and displays my member profile instead of the member list.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently attempted to report a blog post but got this error message:

---

An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10135] We could not determine what type of content you are attempting to report.

---

I tried reporting a couple other similarly reportable posts but got the same message. What's to be done?

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1298934118' post='2647158']
I recently attempted to report a blog post but got this error message:

---

An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10135] We could not determine what type of content you are attempting to report.

---

I tried reporting a couple other similarly reportable posts but got the same message. What's to be done?
[/quote]
Reporting is disabled on them, just as it is normal posts; you'll need to file a report in the report forum abuse section, same as any other post.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1300840481' post='2673429']
Not sure how long it's been the case but clicking the "Members" tab at the top redirects to the user's profile page.
[/quote]
It's a bug in the main skin. CleanCut works fine though.

Edited by Locke

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All of a sudden my password has been either changed or corrupted so that it won't allow me to log in. When I attempted to retrieve the password the system also said my email that I know I signed up with was invalid. This is also true for my TE account. I'm at 18 days back collection right now in SE and 3 wars in TE so I want to get this sorted out asap.
Please get back to me soon,
-Mazz

Edited by Mazzarin

[quote name='Mazzarin' timestamp='1304865956' post='2708552']
All of a sudden my password has been either changed or corrupted so that it won't allow me to log in. When I attempted to retrieve the password the system also said my email that I know I signed up with was invalid. This is also true for my TE account. I'm at 18 days back collection right now in SE and 3 wars in TE so I want to get this sorted out asap.
Please get back to me soon,
-Mazz
[/quote]

This sounds like you mean your in-game accounts, as you were able to login with your forum account to post this. This thread is meant for forum related issues, please PM [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=1"]admin[/url] in order to sort out your in-game account password/e-mail issues.

I'm having a strange profile-based issue...it's been going on for a couple of weeks. I'm no longer notified when someone quotes one of my posts (I realize it doesn't notify you when they don't use the 'quote' button, but I've been quoted enough that this can't be the reason why), and when I post a reply in someone's blog, their blog has a 'new post' notification after I return to the main forum. The notification goes away upon revisiting the blog despite being the last comment.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1305232951' post='2710827']
I'm having a strange profile-based issue...it's been going on for a couple of weeks. I'm no longer notified when someone quotes one of my posts (I realize it doesn't notify you when they don't use the 'quote' button, but I've been quoted enough that this can't be the reason why), and when I post a reply in someone's blog, their blog has a 'new post' notification after I return to the main forum. The notification goes away upon revisiting the blog despite being the last comment.
[/quote]
Ever since the update that took down the forums for a short while the blogs have been all kinds of $%&@ed up, so I can't help you there, but you can try [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications"]using this page[/url] to fix the inline notifications bug, make sure that "Notify me when someone quotes my posts" is checked under "inline notifications."

When trying to post over the last couple of months, keep having a reoccurring error as I select the post button.

"[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again."

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1305812867' post='2714908']
When trying to post over the last couple of months, keep having a reoccurring error as I select the post button.

"[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again."
[/quote]

I, too, have been having this issue. It seems to happen most when being linked from somewhere offsite such as IRC or alliance forums, and is exceedingly annoying as copying what I wrote, going back, and refreshing, doesn't seem to work.