Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='23 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1266981137' post='2200403']
I've been trying to find links to avatars which aren't long... but alas every link to anything I like has been too long to fit within the character limit and has tried to upload half made links.

Most of them have been gif files which are too big to upload from my computer but would be fine if I could just use the direct link from the website... which is too long.

For instance, my current Avatar fits just barely, but if I tried to upload via my computer it goes past the size limit.

Is there anything we can do to increase the character limit for links to avatars or is there perhaps an outside source? I'd use tinyurl if it put the extension at the end... which it doesn't.
[/quote]
http://www.tinypic.com/
Fixes all your problems.

Whenever I post on the forum now, the characters get lost behind these obnoxious 2 columns of emoticons on the right-hand side of the screen. It's very distracting. The emoticons show up by default, so this happens every time I post. Is there a way to turn them off? Or even better would be to properly resize the text window such that it wouldn't overlap with the emoticons.

[quote name='King Irwin' date='24 February 2010 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1267019883' post='2201378']
Whenever I post on the forum now, the characters get lost behind these obnoxious 2 columns of emoticons on the right-hand side of the screen. It's very distracting. The emoticons show up by default, so this happens every time I post. Is there a way to turn them off? Or even better would be to properly resize the text window such that it wouldn't overlap with the emoticons.
[/quote]
What browser are you using?

[quote name='thedestro' date='24 February 2010 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1267031317' post='2201603']
Where is built-in forum notepad?

I had a bunch of stuff on that thing,
[/quote]
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notes]My Settings > Manage Notes[/url]

[quote name='Vivi' date='24 February 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1267039649' post='2201839']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notes]My Settings > Manage Notes[/url]
[/quote]

How about that. I didn't even know we had that.

[quote name='admin' date='24 February 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1267049084' post='2202070']
[/quote]
It was on the main page of the UCP in v2, but dang was it hidden in v3...

@King Irwin: Try using a different, non Internet Explorer, browser. Again, this seems to be a browser rendering engine problem, not one with the boards. I would suggest Firefox 3.6, I've never had a problem typing out messages that reach the end of a text box...in fact this one went all the way to a different line and the text wrapped to the next line, not behind the emoticons box when I had it popped out.

Edited by Diablofan

[quote name='admin' date='24 February 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1267049084' post='2202070']
[/quote]
You mean you didn't know something about your own forums?! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

Anyway, since this is about forum problems...

what formatting there was in my notes was destroyed in the transition--oh, everything's still in order, but paragraphs are all wacky...

[quote name='Diablofan' date='24 February 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1267052724' post='2202142']
It was on the main page of the UCP in v2, but dang was it hidden in v3...

@King Irwin: Try using a different, non Internet Explorer, browser. Again, this seems to be a browser rendering engine problem, not one with the boards. I would suggest Firefox 3.6, I've never had a problem typing out messages that reach the end of a text box...in fact this one went all the way to a different line and the text wrapped to the next line, not behind the emoticons box when I had it popped out.
[/quote]
I'm using IE 7, and I don't have that problem...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 February 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1267054595' post='2202180']
You mean you didn't know something about your own forums?! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

Anyway, since this is about forum problems...

what formatting there was in my notes was destroyed in the transition--oh, everything's still in order, but paragraphs are all wacky...
[/quote]

That's because all bbcode was converted to html during the transition from 2.3 to 3.0, some posts appear correct but if you try and edit them it's in all html for instance. This is an issue you can't change, and just have to manually fix where it arises.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 February 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1267054595' post='2202180']
I'm using IE 7, and I don't have that problem...
[/quote]
Starnge... Did you open up the emoticons box then typed out a long enough response to fill the width of the text box? Also, if you're using the Rich Text editor try disabling that and testing it King Irwin.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='24 February 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1267056432' post='2202225']
That's because all bbcode was converted to html during the transition from 2.3 to 3.0, some posts appear correct but if you try and edit them it's in all html for instance. This is an issue you can't change, and just have to manually fix where it arises.
[/quote]
We aren't talking about posts, we are talking about the notepad.

Except there WAS no code to worry about...the notepad is all plain text anyway.

[quote name='Diablofan' date='24 February 2010 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1267059533' post='2202307']
Starnge... Did you open up the emoticons box then typed out a long enough response to fill the width of the text box? Also, if you're using the Rich Text editor try disabling that and testing it King Irwin.
[/quote]
Oh, that's what you mean. I still don't consider that a problem. The box is easy enough to get rid of, and it did something like that anyway before, only down the middle of the post instead of the end.

Read Before Completing Registration

By clicking to accept these terms and conditions you are in essence signing an electronic contract pledging to have read the rules and TOS and agreeing to follow the rules and TOS as written. It is your continued responsibility to read, follow, and keep up-to-date with the CN rules.

<!--sizeo:5--><!--/sizeo-->Cyber Nations Forum Rules<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

In the process of registering on this forum, all players--including you--agreed to accept these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of Invision Power Board. In doing so you essentially signed an electronic contract pledging to have read the rules and TOS and agreeing to follow the rules and TOS as written. It is your continued responsibility to read, follow, and keep up-to-date with the CN rules.

this is what shows up when you go to create an account, The Cybernations forum Rules has Visible code on both sides of it

I'm using IE 8.0 on this computer, and there is no issue with the emoticons here. And interestingly enough, it doesn't default to coming up until I hit the little smiley button to open it. But 2 out of 3 of the computers I've used recently have that problem. On the other computers, it defaulted to coming up, and I couldn't figure out how to close it. I'll try clicking that smiley now that I see that should work...before I was trying to unclick the "Enable signature" box - and I swear there wasn't a close X in the emoticon box itself, but I'll check again when I'm on one of those machines.

-I'm using Firefox-

Whenever I try to make a new post, a blank white page comes up and says this:
[quote][b]The requested URL is not supported
The requested URL is not supported[/b]
[%S][/quote]

That's when I use the "Add Reply" button. If I use the Quick Reply one at the bottom, it works. (How I'm making this post now)

I've never had this problem on the old forums.

[quote name='Captain Oliver' date='03 March 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1267626323' post='2212577']
-I'm using Firefox-

Whenever I try to make a new post, a blank white page comes up and says this:

That's when I use the "Add Reply" button. If I use the Quick Reply one at the bottom, it works. (How I'm making this post now)

I've never had this problem on the old forums.
[/quote]
It may be the random "?s=4394932845707435" whatever crap that's getting tagged at the end of URL's. It happened on the old forums, I think, but not nearly as often and I'm not sure what causes it.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='03 March 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1267633024' post='2212664']
Not sure if you guys can fix this, but any coloured text inside a spoiler is automatically bolded.

Hello
[color="#ff8c00"]Hello[/color]
[spoiler]Hello
[color="#ff8c00"]Hello[/color][/spoiler]
[/quote]

Thats has to do with the spoiler box CSS code...I don't find it too annoying but that can get annoying after a while...

[quote name='Locke' date='03 March 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1267630418' post='2212620']
It may be the random "?s=4394932845707435" whatever crap that's getting tagged at the end of URL's. It happened on the old forums, I think, but not nearly as often and I'm not sure what causes it.
[/quote]
How do I fix it then? It's tedious to have to go to find the "Fast Reply" screen, and not all sections of the forums have it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to pm someone normally instead of this flash shadow box with no controls?

It makes it hard to communicate with the flash box. I tried going through the profile and the member list area too, but all pm's seem to only offer the flash version with no controls other than cancel or submit.