Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='02 February 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1265164580' post='2154359']
The boxes that open when you click one of the buttons (i.e Insert Link, Insert Image, Text Color) goes off the left of the page--badly.
[/quote]
I don't know if anyone saw this. If you did and are simply still working on it, my apologies.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='07 February 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1265580893' post='2167436']
I don't know if anyone saw this. If you did and are simply still working on it, my apologies.
[/quote]
I tried it before and I can't seem to reproduce it...although that might be because I'm on Firefox 3.6.

I tried this with IE8 as well and did not reproduce it.

What browser are you using?

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='08 February 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1265652588' post='2168881']
Are you sure there's nothing else that can be done? Because that isn't really an option right now.
[/quote]
Unfortunately there is no other option that I can see. The problem is in the browser's CSS/Javascript engines. Which is causing the placement of those pop-ups to be where they are on your browser.

Firefox and IE8 render the page perfectly fine because IP.Board 3 was designed around those two main browsers and HTML and CSS standards. IE8, Firefox (3.0+), Opera, Safari, and Chrome all will render the site perfectly.

[quote name='Diablofan' date='08 February 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1265653637' post='2168898']
Unfortunately there is no other option that I can see. The problem is in the browser's CSS/Javascript engines. Which is causing the placement of those pop-ups to be where they are on your browser.

Firefox and IE8 render the page perfectly fine because IP.Board 3 was designed around those two main browsers and HTML and CSS standards. IE8, Firefox (3.0+), Opera, Safari, and Chrome all will render the site perfectly.
[/quote]

This is correct. Good rule of thumb is IE is horrible :p

[quote name='Diablofan' date='08 February 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1265653637' post='2168898']

[/quote]
There are portable versions of Opera and Firefox that would work just fine. I'd link, but there's the whole "no 3rd party software" thing. <_< You can Google it up yourself. I recommend Opera. ;)

[quote name='Vivi' date='27 January 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1264526258' post='2132322']I've used it twice now and am not having an issue either.[/quote]

Still getting this error off and on. Usually I can get around it by going back to the forum index, hard-refreshing then clicking the thing right away.
If I click something else on the page first, it usually doesn't work.

By the way, I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic".

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='wickedj' date='11 February 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1265926652' post='2175636']
I've gotten this a few times now..its quite random
[/quote]
Sounds like a cookie issue to me. Try clearing them and see if it still happens.

[quote name='thedestro' date='16 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1266378735' post='2186955']
^ I think I've discovered the issue.

Throughout the normal weekday, I log in the CN forums around 5 different computers. This time, I only logged in at home and it hasn't been logging me out over and over. Anyway this can be fixed?
[/quote]
Thats actually a security measure in IP.Board 3. Something they intended, so no, it can't be "fixed" when it was working as intended anyway.

Next time, if you intend to log in to the forum on another computer, log out of the forum on the computer you're currently using before logging into it on another computer.

Edited by Diablofan

I don't know if it's a forum issue per se; it might be my e-mail on yahoo, but just to be safe...

I'm subscribed to several forums with instant notification, and it is supposed to include the text of the OP when it is sent to my e-mail account. However--if the OP includes anything in quote tags, it is ommitted from the e-mail.

EDIT: Spelling and grammar check...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Diablofan' date='17 February 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1266389124' post='2187239']
Thats actually a security measure in IP.Board 3. Something they intended, so no, it can't be "fixed" when it was working as intended anyway.
[/quote]

I'm sure Vivi can if he wants. It's highly inconvenient. I'm in various boards and this is the [b]only[/b] one that does this, and so happens to be one of the ones I use the most.

[quote name='thedestro' date='18 February 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1266554251' post='2191435']
I'm sure Vivi can if he wants. It's highly inconvenient. I'm in various boards and this is the [b]only[/b] one that does this, and so happens to be one of the ones I use the most.
[/quote]
When I said that I was referring to the developers of IP.Board 3 coded that in. Yes it can be altered, it's just an admin, I think a root admin, has to alter that setting. Most of the time though, Admins chose not to change it because of security reasons.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 February 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1266436050' post='2187826']
I'm subscribed to several forums with instant notification, and it is supposed to include the text of the OP when it is sent to my e-mail account. However--if the OP includes anything in quote tags, it is ommitted from the e-mail.
[/quote]

It probably uses the same setting that is used when checking to see if replying to a post will copy anything that was quoted. So since replying to somebody automatically removes any quotes in their post, the email does as well.

[quote name='Diablofan' date='18 February 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1266556434' post='2191554']
When I said that I was referring to the developers of IP.Board 3 coded that in. Yes it can be altered, it's just an admin, I think a root admin, has to alter that setting. Most of the time though, Admins chose not to change it because of security reasons.
[/quote]

Indeed. I could change the setting, but there's no reason to. It may cause a small annoyance for the few players who don't log off of their accounts before changing computers, but by doing so it ensures that everyone's accounts are more protected.

[quote name='Vivi' date='18 February 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1266561749' post='2191727']
It probably uses the same setting that is used when checking to see if replying to a post will copy anything that was quoted. So since replying to somebody automatically removes any quotes in their post, the email does as well.
[/quote]
Hmm...that makes sense, i suppose. Thanks. :)

[quote name='Duncan King' date='22 February 2010 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1266857673' post='2197415']
The Forum Rules page has some really ugly broken tags:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules
[/quote]
Not anymore.

I've been trying to find links to avatars which aren't long... but alas every link to anything I like has been too long to fit within the character limit and has tried to upload half made links.

Most of them have been gif files which are too big to upload from my computer but would be fine if I could just use the direct link from the website... which is too long.

For instance, my current Avatar fits just barely, but if I tried to upload via my computer it goes past the size limit.

Is there anything we can do to increase the character limit for links to avatars or is there perhaps an outside source? I'd use tinyurl if it put the extension at the end... which it doesn't.