Question

JBone

Hello,

As this question does not relate to my nation per se, but more to my ruler name, I am posting it here. If this is the incorrect place, I apologize and ask for a member of the Moderation Staff to move it accordingly.

My Nation

Nation Name: Boneslovia - Nation Created: 2/13/2007 9:08:56 PM (279 days old)

Ruler Name: JBone

Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=106695

Nation In Question

Nation Name: igloo - Nation Created: 11/10/2007 1:18:09 PM (9 days old)

Ruler Name: J Bone

Nation Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=180297

My question is, seeing as how the ruler names are identical except for the space, is this permitted?

One would think, at best, some confusion could arise from this, and at worst, unnecessary reports of "multi" claims. Also, if this nation were to create a forum account and use their ruler name, more of said confusion could ensue.

Thanks in advance,

JBone the Original

Reported multiies will be wrong, of course, unless that is a multi of your nation.

I believe the forum account can be either your nation name or ruler nation; so if you are that worried about this causing a problem, then just most kindly ask a mod to change it to your nation name.

Reported multiies will be wrong, of course, unless that is a multi of your nation.

I believe the forum account can be either your nation name or ruler nation; so if you are that worried about this causing a problem, then just most kindly ask a mod to change it to your nation name.

Technically you're fine, your forum name is supposed to match exactly with your nation/ruler name.

JBone≠ J Bone

They're not exactly the same name, so you're fine. But if you really want to, you can request to change to your nation name in the Moderation forum.

Thank you both for your input.

I am well aware of being able to change my forum name, not something I am interested in doing. I merely pointed this out to be an added source of confusion.

My question was, which I think will need a member of the Moderation Staff to answer, "Is it permissible to have two ruler names, in game, that are only diferentiated by a space?"

It seems to me to be an attempt, intentional or not, to impersonate an established member, which is a rule violation.

out of 30k + nations having similar people with the same online handle is not really that unusual. guy prolly goes by jbone in other games or its his RL nick name and as it was taken he went with j bone.

it happens alot. remember 404error and error404 ? it would be near impossible to to restrict similarities in the code (easy to do just spaces though) and you open it up to alot of abuse. (hey, this guy is like me, change his name)

It sucks that somebody has essentially the same name, but its not like people are going to confuse you. I myself can see the difference between jbone and j bone pretty easily.

the way the system aloud it being registerd must give you a clue if it is permitted or not he :D

Thank you. :D

I will take that as a yes, since the system allowed it to be registered it must be permissible and not a bug or rule violation.

After I read this, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. (And yes, I know it says nation name but with all the recent updates and changes, you never know.)

11-13-2007

- The 10/27 update that restricted alliance names caused a bug with new nations in that it would allow duplicate nation names to exist in the game. The bug has been corrected. There were about 10 duplicate nation names in the game due to this bug, all have been renamed by adding II or III to the end of the nation name.

Lock Please.

EDIT: lock request

Edited by JBone