Meet the new Polaris

Schattenmann

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am still. Polaris has, however, under the leadership of Grub with his one foot on one side of a river and the other on another, stepped blindly into an area more complicated than its depth of understanding. In the most trite reponse available, two wrong don't make a right.

Forgive me but you're doing that prose-that-makes-no-sense thing again. You think we were 'wrong' to declare war upon Valhalla and GGA for attacking Hyperion without any reason at all?

i covered the whole two wrongs useless argument above. as for the whole perpetrated against \m/ bit, again that was also covered above.

while this was partially about the tech raid, i would also say it was partially about the chest thumping that \m/ and GOONS did. in the end, GOONS used diplomacy while \m/ hurled racial insults. so to continue to state that this whole issue revolves solely around one action is quite inaccurate and only shows that you either, don't understand the situation as well as you think or that you are sticking to just one of three reasons that were presented in the CB in order to smear Polaris. either way, you don't come out lookin that good mate.

You were the one who was talking about the tech raid, my earlier posts addressed \m/'s actions as well. For god's sake, man, can't you try reading context just a little before hurling accusations at me? Especially when it's the context you provided?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Schatt, you seriously have no clue what you are talking about with this one.

He's actually pretty much on. That war in large part happened because Umbrella and FPI were working on a treaty and FPI was considering voting for other senators. Granted, this was after FPI canceled their protectorate with CIS.

The person who made the joke didn't have epilepsy, but one of the other alliance members did and said it was a funny joke. Nobody with the disorder stepped forward to complain.

And /m/ has always been a victim of others' evil machinations, yes?

If you don't know how to spell their name you don't know who they are or what they've done and clearly have no place telling people who do that they're wrong.

I think \m/ have done enough in their less than 1 month of existence to warrant what is happening to them without anyone needing an old grudge. Can we expect every ex-vox member to come crawling out of the woodwork to the defend the actions of\m/ in the last month? I hope not

What have they done? List it. In bullet point format.

• Tech raided an alliance, responded in asshat manner to Grub.

I even started it for you. Please continue it.

Edited by Penkala

They would only apply if it is implied that the NpO of today is the NpO of two years ago, which I think is quite silly to believe.

hmm... i find myself agreeing with SCM on both his posts on this page (6 in case this goes to page 7). and it seems that the leader of FIST at the time of the Polar-FIST war does not even see the similarities everyone else is trying to apply. thus, i think that all you who are trying to apply these similarities have to fail since out of the three alliances involved, FIST would be amongst the first to attempt to demonize Polaris over that war (i honestly would not blame them for it) but even SCM can't do it it seems (at least in the case that Schatt is presenting). if i am wrong, i am sure SCM will correct me.

@ Penkala- read this post and the ones by SCM to see how you and Schatt are not spot on.

@NoFish- from all your posts i have read (i may have missed some posts due to the sheer volume of posting that has been done) you have usually harped only on the whole tech raid issue as the primary reason for this war. you may have touched on the other two reasons for the war but dismiss them as you did in your post. (getting an IPS error so cant look at the review of the topic just yet) just because i discuss the tech raid aspect, does not mean the other two do not still exist. you made it seem as if that is the only reason for the war was the tech raid, which i told you was false. and again, because a lot of your posts revolve around only the tech raid issue or about how this affects RoK, it truly does not seem as if you understood all the reasons that were involved otherwise, while you may be sympathetic towards RoK for the position they are in, you would not be attacking Polaris for hitting \m/ because of what \m/ did directly to Grub. or you are ignoring those, despite thinking they are wrong, and are just going after Polaris due to some grudge or personal vendetta.

and yes, it is either one of those.

• Tech raided an alliance
    Called Grub a racial slur (sorry, the fact that people still continue to think this is something that is small annoys the $%&@ outta me. it is not something that is small at all.
    chest-thumping/do something about it slogan used during and after the FoA raid
    bawwwing when someone does something about it

I even started it for you. Please continue it.

fixed it for you for at least this situation. to lazy to look up to see what else prior to this. the only thing i can remember they did that was decent was going in with RoK in the TPF non-war.

Really, Schatt? Back in August 08 I remember you being staunchly opposed to alliances declaring war on other alliances without reason -- opposed enough to take part in a suicidal crusade to end such nonsense. Remember that you once signed a war declaration for the same underlying reasons that this war is being fought. I haven't forgotten.

Yes, well at least his concern has extended to alliances beyond those run by or allied to Electron_Sponge.

He's actually pretty much on. That war in large part happened because Umbrella and FPI were working on a treaty and FPI was considering voting for other senators. Granted, this was after FPI canceled their protectorate with CIS.
Actually, FPI started voting for Umbrella's while still under CIS's protection and without bothering to inform them of the change.
The person who made the joke didn't have epilepsy, but one of the other alliance members did and said it was a funny joke. Nobody with the disorder stepped forward to complain.
The endorsement of one person does not make a politically incorrect joke acceptable, and anyone who says differently is a liar.

And, for the record, there was a person who was deeply offended by the joke due to reasons unrelated to Planet Bob. At their request the epilepsy angle was included in the CB, but it was never intended to be the crux of argument for war. It just became the central issue of the conflict because certain players chose to latch onto it as a "buzz phrase" with which to paint Polar as the big bad moral police. Kind of like how certain people are trying to say this war is about big bad Grub declaring over "racism."

Also the OP was rather weak Schattenman. Not nearly as amusing, or inspired, as most of TWiP

Edited by Fallen_Fool

So an alliance is assertive and that automatically implies that they are "returning" to some imagined horrible past?

Any alliance that was founded by you is inherently evil, no matter what. This rule is set in stone. Everyone knows this.

Actually, FPI started voting for Umbrella's while still under CIS's protection and without bothering to inform them of the change.

The endorsement of one person does not make a politically incorrect joke acceptable, and anyone who says differently is a liar.

And, for the record, there was a person who was deeply offended by the joke due to reasons unrelated to Planet Bob. At their request the epilepsy angle was included in the CB, but it was never intended to be the crux of argument for war. It just became the central issue of the conflict because certain players chose to latch onto it as a "buzz phrase" with which to paint Polar as the big bad moral police. Kind of like how certain people are trying to say this war is about big bad Grub declaring over "racism."

Also the OP was rather weak Schattenman. Not nearly as amusing, or inspired, as most of TWiP

The part in Bold is incorrect, we canceled the protectotate with CIS before the senate vote issue, there was no treaty.

You know, the same argument could be made for \m/ also, just pointing out the flaw in your statement.

I love how both this argument and the New Polar, same as the old Polar thing are both applicable to both sides and yet not at the same time. Seriously, it's almost like every reason anybody has for hating either side are both crocks of !@#$.

Oh, wait... They are.

Edited by Godwin

I do believe your behavior has been repetitive, thereby making you incorrect (once again).

Care to elaborate your belief?

Further This will be my third war with NpO 2 ea in \m/ and 1 ea in FPI, a government member for two of those wars, I think I have a good perspective.

On another note, if we are such bad people in \m/ why was Grub so quick to come to our Trium talking peace?