Meet the new Polaris

Schattenmann

seriously, if you love war don't cry but embrace it. again, it seems that \m/ cannot do that. oh and yes, before ya'll state but MM and Earogema

Fixed ^_^

Also, I'm glad that I had to be preempted in my "I think this war is fun." remark. :awesome:

Edited by Earogema

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both methods with the same intentions, and I dispute the notion of moral imperialism.

Its a notion created by people trying to get away with things that are agreed to be wrong through political maneuvers.

Morals can and have been used to establish dominance and oppress detractors, and it is precisly why they shouldn't be a card to be used in all instances without questioning. When there is questioning, it becomes ethics, which I wholeheartedly support.

With saying this, I'll really have to continue this at a later time.

what is this i dont even

The article is interesting, entertaining, and informative. That said, whereas FPI was completely innocent of any crimes that would necessitate the coming curbstomp, \m/ did take part in a quick rape of a small and defenseless alliance. Thus, even though this current war most likely results (in this particular case of NpO-\m/) from festering hatred more so than moral imperative, there does exist some bit of reason for the declaration. Or, basically, I would be outraged if Polar warred some poor innocent alliance, but here I simply raise an eyebrow, laugh, and move along, waiting to see what will transpire next.

The similarities between the situations are strikingly dissimilar, but maybe that's why you spent more time giving us a history lesson than actually addressing the present war. It was obvious last night that you weren't even going to make an attempt to understand what this situation was actually about, Schatt. You've lost your sting from your days with Vox, but you've also lost one more key ingredient. Facts.

You know I think there are facts out there where your Emperor stated to my government that this war was because he didnt want people to get the impression that he bluffed, it was around the same time he told us how he would perform this war upon us.

This conversation was quite different than your CB, and yes he made these statements after "the incident" happened in our chan.

I guess my question to you is this, does your emperor not give you all the facts? Does he lie to you? Do you not understand what he says? Or do you lie?

Also I was FPI government, when I wake up from the present barrage I will see if I still have logs of those peace talks, MyWorld was in rare form, reps, member banishments, beatdowns and got to love secret terms, especially when NpO tried to hand them out so so long before they cried a river about getting them.

that is totally it Schatt. it seems without your spies feeding you info on alliances, you have little to no clue what you are talking about.

especially since you neglected the fact that Polaris suffered during the SPW/WotC war. Polaris is not entirely the same as they once were but if you think the SPW would get Polaris to lose the code of ethics and honor that it held onto is a mistake.

maybe if \m/ just grew the $%&@ up and stopped with their inane and childish antics, they would not be in this mess. instead, they choose to insult Grub versus acting with diplomacy regardless of whether Grub was threatening them or not. it is not that hard to tell someone respectfully to $%&@ off. \m/ seems unable to do that and thus, it lead to war. again, it is amazing the amount of whining and crying going on from \m/ and those who support \m/. i thought \m/ loved war. now that they have one, all they can do is cry about it and all their supporters can do is cry some more.

seriously, if you love war don't cry but embrace it. again, it seems that \m/ cannot do that. oh and yes, before ya'll state but MM and Eargoma (sp?) are stating how much they love it, well 2 people do not \m/ make. it seems that many in \m/ have issues with the war and its cb versus loving the fact that they are at war.

seems \m/ only truly loves war when they know they can curbstomp the other alliance. well boo$%&@inghoo for \m/.

Since I was one of the founding members and a high government official I think my statement that we love this war carries some weight.

Your ignorance astounds me schatt. For someone with as large a mouth as you, I would imagine you could get your fact straight once in a while.

You apparently didn't read TWiP. He's often entertaining, but facts aren't high on his priority list.

Tonight, the firmly unchanged Polaris has used its machine to do the same. Funny enough, the only difference has nothing to do with Polaris, but that in this era Polaris is using the morality championed by the people it oppressed to turn around and oppress people.

It's always sad to see former liberal journalists getting old and becoming conservatives defending reactionary values like tech raiding... which is, of course, the most terrible way of oppression.

Do you want the truth? It seems that nowadays you can't handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has tech raiders oppressing small nations, and those tech raiders have to be stopped by Alliances with honour. Whose gonna do it? You? You Schattenmann? we have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the tech raiders of \m/, and you curse Polaris. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the war against \m/, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about in this forum, you don’t just want us on helping the weak nations, you need us doing such thing. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom and peace we provide to the weak tech raided nations, then question the manner in which we provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way with your new reactionary imperialist and oppressive values, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to fight. Either way, I don’t care what you think you are entitled to

Do you want the truth? It seems that nowadays you can't handle the truth.

Son, we live in a world that has tech raiders oppressing small nations, and those tech raiders have to be stopped by Alliances with honour. Whose gonna do it? You? You Schattenmann? we have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the tech raiders of \m/, and you curse Polaris. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the war against \m/, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about in this forum, you don’t just want us on helping the weak nations, you need us doing such thing. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom and peace we provide to the weak tech raided nations, then question the manner in which we provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way with your new reactionary imperialist and oppressive values, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to fight. Either way, I don’t care what you think you are entitled to

The glaring problems with your transcription being, of course, that Polar's very own use of the words "code, honor, loyalty" are what make those words a punchline to realists like myself, and that in fact I've been fighting for the better part of 3 years.

And at the end of the day, I write my own material; good, bad, wrong, or right--it's mine.

Edited by Schattenmann

Since I was one of the founding members and a high government official I think my statement that we love this war carries some weight.

some sure. but your membership fails to back up your statement. and the fact that you are crying all over the place about the CB is a joke and quite pathetic considering you keep stating you love this war. if you love it so much, then why continue to cry on about the CB? especially since ya'll don't even DoW when you war an alliance.

The glaring problems with your transcription being, of course, that Polar's very own use of the words "code, honor, loyalty" are what make those words a punchline to realists like myself, and that in fact I've been fighting for the better part of 3 years.

And at the end of the day, I write my own material; good, bad, wrong, or right--it's mine.

actually, people like you make those words a punchline. i am sure you are one of those people who are all about sovereign rights (like \m/ for example) and as such Polaris has the sovereign right to declare war on whom they see fit for reasons they see fit. to declare them in the wrong for conducting their sovereign capabilities is quite amusing.

maybe if \m/ just grew the $%&@ up and stopped with their inane and childish antics, they would not be in this mess. instead, they choose to insult Grub versus acting with diplomacy regardless of whether Grub was threatening them or not. it is not that hard to tell someone respectfully to $%&@ off. \m/ seems unable to do that and thus, it lead to war. again, it is amazing the amount of whining and crying going on from \m/ and those who support \m/. i thought \m/ loved war. now that they have one, all they can do is cry about it and all their supporters can do is cry some more.

\m/ certainly didn't respond to NpO's threats with poise and character. No one's going to deny that, shame on them; but that doesn't excuse AlmightySponge for threatening them over something that was none of his business to begin with.

Really, Schatt? Back in August 08 I remember you being staunchly opposed to alliances declaring war on other alliances without reason -- opposed enough to take part in a suicidal crusade to end such nonsense. Remember that you once signed a war declaration for the same underlying reasons that this war is being fought. I haven't forgotten.

While I've enjoyed your reads since our time in OPP together, Schatt, this one is quite a bit off-base. NpO's actions here are very reasonable and, although I don't speak for my alliance, I completely support NpO's war. \m/ crosses the line more often than not and believes they can/will get away with it because that's just the way they are. And after all the great PR we (the CC) received during TPF's war, I do hope to hear the same outcry if/when \m/s allies fail to come to their side. At least this time around, there's not BS CB. NpO told \m/ and her allies well before anything escalated. \m/s own pride and arrogance has led to their current position and they deserve every bit of it.

/ooc isn't this a world affairs IC kinda thing?

edit for ooc tag

I only quote you because you happen to be mocking 2 of my favorite people with your avatar and sig. That and you're a fellow Okie...so figured I had to give you props :D

Excuse me, Schattenman, if I don't decide to defend one of the most obnoxious tech-raiding alliances out there. The New Polar Order's reasons, even if they are not exactly what they say they are, are completely irrelevant to me if what the result is \m/ being taught a lesson.

Really, Schatt? Back in August 08 I remember you being staunchly opposed to alliances declaring war on other alliances without reason -- opposed enough to take part in a suicidal crusade to end such nonsense. Remember that you once signed a war declaration for the same underlying reasons that this war is being fought. I haven't forgotten.

And neither have I.

Edited by Bordiga

The FPI incident was CIS's, not NpO's.

that doesn't excuse AlmightySponge for threatening them over something that was none of his business to begin with

The threat of boundaries being pushed to allow anyone to be attacked for nothing is everybody's business.

We are moving into an era where alliances do not need a formal treaty to intervene on behalf of a victim of aggression.

Scratch that... we have moved into that era. NpO's action is not a sign of them remaining the same, but a sign that they have ushered in change.

Oh sweet poor innocent \m/ attacked out of the blue by mean old NpO. I am sure I just missed your thread called "Meet the new \m/ even worse than the old \m/" when they attacked that other alliance out of the blue. Oh I am sorry, mass tech raided. you are barking up the wrong tree on this one Schatt.

\m/ certainly didn't respond to NpO's threats with poise and character. No one's going to deny that, shame on them; but that doesn't excuse AlmightySponge for threatening them over something that was none of his business to begin with.

actually he is a sovereign alliance and making it his business is his right to do so? or is it somehow only alliances who raid other alliances that can claim sovereign rights anymore?

if you have no issue with \m/ warring FoA without DoWing and with no CB, i have no idea why you have such issue over this war? hypocrisy much?

Your ignorance astounds me schatt. For someone with as large a mouth as you, I would imagine you could get your fact straight once in a while.

The war on fpi has. Nothing to do with this war. Furthermore it had. Nothing to do with the dcp which was not an imperialist bloc. Beiing one of its founders I can safely say that black unity was our only concern( that is neither here nor there). We paved the road for NOIR.

Crawl back to your hole

I don't think someone who acquired the name of "Eltrollador" on a black team forum can honestly "Pave the way" for black unity.

Good read Schatt. Don't let the nay sayers get to you.